Once again, it's about the eternal: trend/flat. - page 8

There is a feeling that no one has really defined what a flatulence is. Everyone sees it differently. Hence the misunderstanding of each other.

Without clear definitions there will be an idle quarrel.

Andrey Dik, please formulate it correctly, so that everyone can agree on the subject of the conversation.

Uladzimir Izerski:

There is a feeling that no one has really defined what a flatulence is. Everyone sees it differently. Hence the misunderstanding of each other.

Without clear definitions there will be an idle quarrel.

Andrey Dik, please define it correctly, so that everyone agrees on the subject of this discussion.

In my first post I wrote:

I approach the notion of a flat as an arrangement of candlesticks one after another in a horizontal channel, this is very abstract, because many questions arise such as "how much should candlesticks fill the channel to be able to talk about a flat?" etc.

This is what I try to formalize numerically - a flat. Correspondingly, what is not a flat is a trend.

And I don't set myself the task of predicting the end/start of t/f. It is enough to determine the t/f at the moment, or more precisely - at the opening of the bar.

Andrey Dik:

I wrote in my first post:

I approach the notion of a flat as an arrangement of candlesticks one after another in a horizontal channel, which is very abstract, because many questions arise such as "how much should candlesticks fill the channel to be able to talk about a flat?", etc.

This is what I try to formalize numerically - a flat. Correspondingly, what is not a flat is a trend.

And I don't set myself the task of predicting the end/start of t/f. It is enough to determine the t/f at the moment, or more precisely - at the opening of the bar.

No, with this formulation there will be no further understanding.

Uladzimir Izerski:
No, with this formulation there will be no further understanding.
What does your wording sound like?

Andrey Dik:

You want something like this:

Screenshots of the MetaTrader trading platform

EURUSD, M5, 2016.08.30

MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

EURUSD, M5, 2016.08.30, MetaQuotes Software Corp.

We need to decide on which TF to consider the "problematic" and, accordingly, the exchange of views of the participants will be concentrated, otherwise M-1-3-5-15 in one case is a flat, and on H4 one candle.

I suggest to consider D1

Alexey Kozitsyn:

On M-cars, the Levels are more informative

Veniamin Skrepkov:

Levels are more informative on M-cars

Where?

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Yeah. Something like that.

Veniamin Skrepkov:

We need to decide on which TF to consider the "problematic" and, accordingly, the exchange of views of the participants will be concentrated, otherwise M-1-3-5-15 in one case is a flat, and on H4 one candle.

I suggest to consider D1

It doesn't matter what TF we are looking at and what we are working with.