Once again, it's about the eternal: trend/flat. - page 4

Дмитрий:

Did. On one instrument for M30 over the year.

The highest correlation coefficient between the length of the flat and the probability of a 'big candle' was less than 20%

Now I understand your view on correlation. But I am not looking at the movement by a single candle, but by the price movement i.e. by a wave.

As said above, the TF is determined ex post facto (meaning a specific trend and a specific flat, I don't mean a situation where it is not clear what is going on at all).

I think the way out of this situation is support and resistance levels. The objectives are set at the nearest levels. If the levels are over - a specific trend has started.

Uladzimir Izerski:
Now I understand your view on correlation. But I don't look at the movement by a single candle, but by the price movement i.e. by a wave.

Formalise it mathematically.

Or is it all on a hunch?

Dmitry:

Formalise it mathematically.

Or is it all on 'gut feeling'?

I have my own view of wave theory, and a different one from the classical one.

Probably easier to explain in a picture.

V2-N2 price movement and the green straight line is a flat. On higher TF these processes may not be distinguishable.

Uladzimir Izerski:

I have my own view of wave theory, and it differs from the classical one.

Probably easier to explain in a picture.

V2-N2 price movement and the green straight line is a flat. On higher TF these processes may not be distinguishable.

It is clear - all visually and verbally.

In the picture there are about 6 "strong moves" and a preceding "long flat" on only one of the 6.

So"Usually a strong move is preceded by a long flat, that's undeniable." is a joke.

Дмитрий:

I see - it's all visual and word of mouth.

There are about 6 "strong moves" in the picture and a "long flat" preceding them on only one of the 6.

So"Usually a strong move is preceded by a long flat, that's undeniable." is a joke.

On the whole, Vladimir is right. Just got the wording a bit wrong. The correct version should read: "Usually a long flat is followed by a strong movement". However, there are variants of getting out of the flat with the preliminary "swinging" in both directions, but that's why the word "usually" is in the phrase.

Дмитрий:

I see - it's all visual and word of mouth.

There are about 6 "strong moves" in the picture and a "long flat" preceding them on only one of the 6.

Let's keep it that way). I didn't set out to find any specific examples. The first random screenshot I got from the tester. Did not even choose, because at every step such combinations. I think statistics is powerless for successful trading in this particular case. There are many other interesting processes in price behavior to study. There it can and does make sense to apply statistics.

Pyssy.

I forgot about 6.

Not all areas are considered by the program to be flat. There is a certain recognition algorithm. There are only 2 in the figure. The second one is not finished.

On the story you can see for yourself the continuation. I did not watch

BlackTomcat:
On the whole, Vladimir is right. Just got the wording a bit wrong. The correct variant should learn: "Usually, after a long flat, a strong movement follows. There are, however, variants of exiting a flat with a preliminary "swing" in both directions, but that is why the word "usually" is present in the phrase.

The main thing in a completely different way is mathematical formalisation. Otherwise, only chuikonaut methods and models. "Usually" and "heavy movement" is how much?

P.S. The whole near forex movement is littered with mythology.

Дмитрий:

"Usually" and "much movement" is how much?

And you want to see specific figures here? :) Well, then I will say this: this is the case, for which they say: "Everything is relative". The longer was the flat period, the more vertical movement can be expected. But it is more correct to carry out statistical processing of data, and for different symbols and direction of movement (up/down) the results will be different.
This is not mythology, but a field for experimentation, analysis and research.

Дмитрий:

The main thing in a completely different way is mathematical formalisation. Otherwise, only chuikonaut methods and models. "Usually" and "heavy movement" is how much?

P.S. The whole near forex movement is littered with mythology.

"Strong movement" A common forum expression. It amuses me in another way, how some fellow players look for mathematical precision in the markets.

The market is predictable, but talking about mathematical accuracy always puts a smile on my face.