Who had a major Windows 10 update today? - page 5

Alexey Volchanskiy:
People wrote about it in the discussion of the article on Habra. If needed, you can download an ISO update file from MS. But then, what will happen, you never know). My webcam stopped working under 10 and I couldn't get it to work.
I'll tell you what will happen - there will be a cyclic reboot :)

Karputov Vladimir:
I'll tell you what will happen - there will be a cyclical reboot :)
Yeah, someone wrote about that, had to roll back

Karputov Vladimir:

And one of my computers (ASUS X55VD laptop) doesn't show me in the Update Center that it's 1607. MIcrosofte replied that it's because the system doesn't find any updated drivers for one of the devices on my laptop. In fact, the manufacturer says that my laptop is not compatible with 10 at all, and that it only works on 10 thanks to Microsoft's universal drivers.

Anyway, not having a very modern device is sometimes a good thing :)

I have an old laptop from 2007. Upgraded to 1607 yesterday without any problems. The video drivers when upgrading to 7 installed the standard vin, but then managed to pull the native vista laptop ones. When upgrading to 10 these drivers were retained and continue to work.

BlackTomcat:
I have an old laptop from 2007. Upgraded to 1607 yesterday without any problems. When upgrading to 7, the video drivers were installed with the standard Windows ones, but then I managed to pull the native Vista notebook ones. When upgrading to 10 these drivers were retained and continue to work.
My computer isn't new either, but I didn't download any drivers, everything worked as it was. I just upgraded to 10 from scratch and installed only NVidia and Realtek HD Audio cards with all modded parts. Yesterday the update took a long time to install, but didn't ask for anything.

Karputov Vladimir:

This means that some drivers are missing. Drivers that are not found may also cause a cyclic reboot, in which case you will need to roll back to the previous build yourself.

How do I find them? :) where to look for info why the update failed, no information. I'm fine with this build, but what happens then, will periodically try to update (not successfully)? No more attempts so far

As I understood from the microsoft announcement (w10), now along with all your files and computer configuration, they will also send your fingerprints and your photo to the pentagon.

Better tell someone who is good at vindos how to stop this unabashed outrage. How do you disable all unnecessary features to work in peace?

Sergey Chalyshev:

As I understood from the microsoft announcement (w10), now along with all your files and computer configuration, they will also send your fingerprints and your photo to the pentagon.

Better tell someone who is good at vindos how to stop this unabashed outrage. How do you disable all unnecessary features to work in peace?

Any search engine and social media gathers more information about you than W10, so all the paranoia is just in your head.

I had an update today - 5 minutes and that was it

Vladimir Gribachev:
I had an update today - 5 minutes and that's it
Cool, I had an hour yesterday when I went to reboot and almost that much more when I booted the OS

Vladimir Zubov:
Any search engine and social media gathers more information about you than W10, so all the paranoia is just in your head.

According to you, relax and enjoy yourself.

I don't use social networking sites, I don't use search engines either, that's why I ask people in the know. If you don't know, don't say anything.

If I have paranoia in my head, yours is a total void. Better something than nothing.)

I just don't want to be photographed, I'm not photogynistic.)