Who had a major Windows 10 update today? - page 6

Vladimir Zubov:
Every search engine and social network gathers more information about you than W10, so all the paranoia is just in your head.

And Google's a bastard, watching us. We're at the top of Windows 10, congratulations!

update

Alexey Volchanskiy:

And Google's a bastard, watching us. We're at the top of Windows 10, congratulations!

You deserve it, demand a commission from microsoft ))

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Yeah, I've now rebooted, updated Flash, changed the entry screen saver for some reason. Skype is annoying, now it sits in the background, haven't worked out how to get it out of the way, otherwise work is interfered with by all sorts of bored bums.

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 is this morning's update, looked it up in the logbook.

It's not clear how it wiped passwords from terminals? And why would it do such a nasty thing.

Ooh, microsoft did their usual badass squid.

It's a good thing I rolled back to 8 and I'm still using it.

I'd still be on 7. It's just that my laptop came with 8.

Upgraded to 1607 about a week ago. Everything is OK. The laptop is old, 2008. The only problem is the video card driver - ATI X1250. (ATI is no longer supported).

It gets up, works, but on reboot it's fine, but after shutdown it goes to black screen. In general, you have to go to the standard Windows video driver before shutting down. But that's from the beginning. 1607 has nothing to do with it.

I tried to download it from different sites, but it's full of viruses.

Sergey Chalyshev:
You deserve it, ask microsoft for a commission))
I don't care, everyone here has done their bit :)

Alexey Volchanskiy:
I don't have a new computer either, but I didn't download any software, everything worked as it was. I installed 10 from scratch, then only the NVidia card and Realtek HD Audio installed. Yesterday the update took a long time to install but it didn't ask for anything.
Alexei, the epic with the video drivers was not with this update, but when I switched to "seven". The laptop was factory supplied with Vista. I ripped it off, installed XP. Then I bought a licensed "seven Pro", for the old prices. When I started to install it, I encountered a problem with video drivers for ATI chipset. The notebook matrix size slightly differs from the standard one, which is set by default by Windows, the picture turns into a "soap" with the Windows drivers. I've had to try different versions of drivers for ATI's chipset for Vista. As a result I found those, which fitted on "seven". And then I upgraded to W10, and during installing it fetched those drivers, which I already had. That's the story. Now, when I upgraded to 1607, no new drivers needed to be installed.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Upgraded to 1607 about a week ago. Everything is OK. The laptop is old, 2008. The only problem is the video card driver - ATI X1250. (ATI is no longer supported).

It gets up, works, but on reboot it's fine, but after shutdown it goes to black screen. In general, you have to go to the standard Windows video driver before shutting down. But that's from the beginning. 1607 has nothing to do with it.

I tried to download it from different sites, but it's full of viruses.

By the way, the good thing about MT4/5 is that it works well on old hardware. I've been writing in С++ in Visual Studio today. The compilation time is the finish line - I can drink tea for about five minutes. Everything is within a few seconds in MQL4/5.

BlackTomcat:
Alexei, the epic with the video drivers was not with this upgrade, but with the transition to the "seven". I had Vista on my laptop when it was shipped from the factory. I ripped it off, installed XP. Then I bought a licensed "seven Pro", still at the old prices. When I started to install it, I encountered a problem with video drivers for ATI chipset. The notebook matrix size slightly differs from the standard one, which is set by default by Windows, the picture turns into a "soap" with the Windows drivers. I've had to try different versions of drivers for ATI's chipset for Vista. As a result I found those, which fitted on "seven". Then I upgraded to W10, and during installing it fetched those drivers, which I already had. That's the story. Now, when I upgraded to 1607, no new drivers needed to be installed.

I see, I didn't upgrade as the seven was so fucked up that I installed it on a clean one.

By the way, after the upgrade two folders appeared

$WINDOWS.~BT - 4.2GB

Windows.old - 50GB

I take it they are for possible rollback and if everything works, they can be junked?

Alexey Volchanskiy:
By the way, the good thing about MT4/5 is that it runs normally on old hardware. I've been writing in С++ in Visual Studio today. The compilation time is just the finish, I can go and drink tea for about five minutes. Everything is within a few seconds in MQL4/5.

However, MKUL is also simpler. MT has the main advantage, not of MKUL, but of widespread availability. If you change, say, a DC, nothing happens - everything is in place.

Other terminals may be better, and more functional, and all that, but they are almost a single copy - only they have, at best 1-2 and that's it. You are tied like a "slave to the galleys". Another DC - start everything from scratch.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

MKUL, however, will also be simpler. MT has the main advantage of being widespread. If you change, say, a DC, nothing happens - everything is in place.

Other terminals may be better, and more functional, and all that, but they are almost a single copy - only they have, at best 1-2 and that's it. You are tied like a "slave to the galleys". Another brokerage company - start from scratch.

I have an excellent alternative in C#, and there are a lot of brokerage companies with it, but we cannot discuss here. But, of course, no one compares to MT4/5 by prevalence, there is only one on the Moon). I've never seen marketplace + codobase + articles with such quality. I'm not interested in freelancing yet, but it's the same thing.

Here's a forum full of technical crap, a bucket of tar in a barrel of honey.