The arrival of a new generation of trading software. What should the EA interface be like? - page 11

Looked at the thread title and thought it was going to be a self-advertising thread, so I didn't follow the development of the thread.

But I see the discussion is boiling over, it's 10 pages long. Looked at it diagonally, didn't get it.

Who has followed the topic, tell me on what page about the profit.

Sergey Chalyshev:

Looked at the thread title and thought it was going to be a self-advertising thread, so I didn't follow the development of the thread.

But I see the discussion is boiling over, it's 10 pages long. Looked at it diagonally, didn't get it.

Who has followed the topic, tell me on what page about the profit.

TC has not voiced the distribution channels and how much it will cost. :) So so far there's been no talk of profit at all. :)

Dear forum members, raising the question of cost and distribution, you are provoking me into talking about money and sales, and then you yourself will accuse me of self-piracy and advertising your products. I have already said that if I do offer something, I will try to make it as accessible to everyone as possible.

BlackTomcat:
The TC has not yet voiced the distribution channels and how much it will cost. :) So there has been no talk of profit at all so far. :)
Thank you! So I haven't missed anything yet. )

Реter Konow:

2. You got my message right. The interface can be created independently of the EA and exist without it, but it is better that they work together).

3. The topic of the thread is aimed at discussing the standards of future EAs with an interface. To my mind, there is nothing pretentious about it... Everyone is welcome to comment, suggest and criticise each other's ideas. Maybe at the end we will come up with some basic standards.

The proposed interface is clearly disconnected from reality.
Show real examples of integration of your interface with the Expert Advisor. For example, access to the file system(save/load EA settings), graphing based on custom data(balance/equity curve), slideshow of pictures and texts(screenshots/instructions).
Nothing much to discuss yet, only show-offs ...
By the way, the proposed examples are relevant to real experts and are quite easy to create using standard library and Anatoly's library.

Yury Kulikov:
1. The proposed interface is clearly disconnected from reality.

2. Show real examples of integration of your interface with the EA. For example, file system access(save/load EA settings), graphing based on custom data(balance/equity curve), slideshow of pictures and texts(screenshots/instructions).

3 There is nothing to discuss yet, it's just showing off ...

4. By the way, the proposed examples are relevant to real EAs and can be easily created using standard library and Anatoly's library.

1. I disagree with you that the interface I have demonstrated is far from reality. In discussing the standards of interface for Expert Advisors, I am trying to determine the correct direction of development of my technology, and to provide future graphics and functionality with a reliable link to reality.

2. I cannot show a real example of the integration of the interface with EAs, because this technology is in the process of creation, but its concept is fully formulated.

The saving and loading of interface settings is implemented. The list, sizes and locations of open windows, set of icons on the taskbar and current composite window assemblies are saved in files and loaded automatically. This is not on the video, but I will take a short video at your request.

Building graphs based on custom data, picture and text slideshows are of course important things, but I'll get into implementing them a little later. Thanks for the tip.

3. Unfortunately, you can accuse anyone and anything of "poncey"...

4. Can't argue with that. Indeed, these examples are easily created using standard library and Anatoly's library, but, unfortunately, they cannot be linked with my windows due to technology incompatibility. We must either wait for the development of these libraries, or refuse to use the capabilities of my windows. Everyone can make this choice for themselves.

Реter Konow:

Saving and loading of interface settings is implemented.

I was talking about an example of a file navigator in EA, implemented with your interface, that would save/load EA settings, not your interface.

Yury Kulikov:
I was talking about an example of file navigator in EA, implemented with your interface, which would save/load EA settings, not your interface.

The Expert Advisor settings are primarily the saved values of its parameters. There is no difficulty in saving or loading them from a file, and this can be done automatically without using the file navigator. They will be saved in the file in the same way as interface settings are saved now.

I think that the file navigator in Expert Advisors is a really necessary thing, but it is used for other things. I suggest making its presence in the interface of Expert Advisors a standard one.

Yury Kulikov:

Indeed you are right. There is a need to selectively load the required interface from the files and this will be done in the file navigator, which will be in the engine. In fact, the engine is a separate program (indicator) which will load (using the file navigator) the required interface from the list. This interface will be loaded along with the settings of the EA to which it belongs. The values of the global variables will be assigned to the global variables that will be created during the interface loading phase. Next, the user will have to load the Expert Advisor.

In fact, it turns out that any EA will work with the same graphical engine made as an indicator, and this indicator (engine) will "carry" the interface of this specific EA and make it work.

Реter Konow:
How messed up everything is :)
I was talking about an example of creating interface using your file navigator indicator, implemented in Expert Advisor. But do not cling to the words "file navigator", it is an example of a task, and there can be many similar tasks in Expert Advisors: navigator of terminal windows, objects on the chart, indicators in the terminal ... And this is only a small layer of tasks that are implemented through a list (table) of strings that you want to get in your indicator via global variables.