The arrival of a new generation of trading software. What should the EA interface be like? - page 9

Реter Konow:
The extension of the graphical capabilities of the EA interface, will open up a huge space of new possibilities for the algorithmic trader. This is all part of the concept of "visualisation of the market trading process". A truly boundless field for creativity).
The question is what parameters to monitor, 8 pairs in the interaction - the standard correlation for N period ("spread" of attention is zero), although the information about the movements of the individual pairs can be regarded as "allied" .

Veniamin Skrepkov:
The question is what parameters to keep track of , 8 pairs in interaction - standard correlation over N period ("spread" of attention concentration zero) , although information about the movements made on individual pairs can be regarded as "allied" .
I am not sure if I understood your point correctly. To consider the interaction of currency pairs on a special kind of chart that would combine them in a single image?

Реter Konow:

I would like to remind you, dear forum members, that we are discussing standards for a new type of EA with an interface, which will probably appear in the near future, as the technology for easy and user-friendly interface creation is in its final stages. Therefore, I invite suggestions on the following issues:

• What should be the window hierarchy of a standard Expert Advisor?
  • Does the Expert Advisor need the main window with tabs to open the main menu?
  • Do you need a task bar at the bottom with icons of minimized windows?
  • Should the windows be scalable, taking up the entire chart?
  • What is common and the most necessary for all of the Expert Advisors, and what can be added as desired.
  • Should the statistics of real trading be integrated into all Expert Advisors?
  • Which visualization of the trading process is the most necessary?
I'd like to see a channel-cloud with the probable future movement in percents and also as a cloud with the change of density depending on the trend strength, well, and probable entry and exit points in 15m, hour, day, maybe week, and to filter the ups and downs too, to take everything - break it by MAX ...))

Сергей Криушин:
I would like to see a channel-cloud with a probable future movement in percentage and also in the form of a cloud with the change of density depending on the trend strength, well and probable entry and exit points in 15m, hour, day, maybe week, well as ups and downs to predict too, to take everything - to break it by MAX...))
The task is very interesting, but technically, so far, difficult to accomplish. At the moment we are at the very beginning of our way to full-fledged interface of trading programs, and it is difficult to do something like that, but in the future, no doubt, we will come to the level of technology, which will allow to implement such ideas. All in good time. For now, let's learn the interface together and apply it to EAs. That will be a big step forward.

Since no one has presented their concept of a standard user interface for EAs today, I will take the initiative and show sketches of my windows in a video, the link to which I will post tomorrow morning on my page. I have created these windows according to my vision and understanding of acceptable standards for interfacing EAs. Of course, these windows are made in the style of Windows, because it was difficult for me to imagine something else... In fact, this is not only a demonstration of new technology's capabilities, but also a proof that changes in the look of trading programs are really coming. At least, it seems that way to me...

As for the window hierarchy in the EA interface, I think that the interface will be centralized like in all applications. That is, there will be a main window with tabs that open the menu. The main menu items will call windows, open context menus and call functions. The windows will be divided into several types: menu windows, "composite" windows and "component" windows (the mechanism for combining them is shown in the video). The application's main window will be a composite window, and the user can attach any of its contents to a component window at will. The composite and component windows will be dynamic, while all the other windows will be static (their sizes will not change). Next, the Options window. These are static windows that will contain groups of controls - checkboxes, radio buttons, drop-down lists, and other elements... The interface of any Expert Advisor will have a taskbar with icons resembling minimized windows. When you hover your cursor, the tooltip with the name of the minimized (or maximized, but presented in the taskbar) window will pop up. A tooltip will indicate whether a window is opened or minimized. That's sort of all... (In principle, this is what is shown in the video, only there are some bugs and defects). As for the controls and settings windows, I have that unfinished for now.

Of course, the contents of the interface the developer will come up with his own, but first you need to have at least a minimum idea of where and what should be there...

This is my concept of interface for Expert Advisors. It isn't finished and it lacks a lot of features and that's why I've initiated this discussion.

Share your opinion.

Реter Konow:

Since no one has presented their concept of a standard user interface for EAs today , I will take the initiative and show sketches of my windows in a video, the link to which I will post tomorrow morning on my page. I have created these windows according to my vision and understanding of acceptable standards for interfacing EAs. Of course, these windows are made in the style of Windows, because it was difficult for me to imagine something else... In fact, this is not only a demonstration of new technology's capabilities, but also a proof that changes in the look of trading programs are really coming. At least, it seems that way to me...

As for the window hierarchy in the EA interface, I think that the interface will be centralized like in all applications. That is, there will be a main window with tabs that open menus. The main menu items will call windows, open context menus and call functions. The windows will be divided into several types: menu windows, "composite" windows and "component" windows (the mechanism for combining them is shown in the video). The application's main window will be a composite window, and the user can attach any of its contents to a component window at will. The composite and component windows will be dynamic, while all the other windows will be static (their sizes will not change). Next, the Options window. These are static windows that will contain groups of controls - checkboxes, radio buttons, drop-down lists, and other elements... The interface of any Expert Advisor will have a taskbar with icons resembling minimized windows. When you hover your cursor, the tooltip with the name of the minimized (or maximized, but presented in the taskbar) window will pop up. A tooltip will indicate whether a window is opened or minimized. That's sort of all... (In principle, this is what is shown in the video, but there are some bugs and defects). As for the controls and settings windows, I have that unfinished for now.

Of course, the contents of the interface the developer will come up with his own, but first you need to have at least a minimum idea of where and what should be there...

This is my concept of interface for Expert Advisors. It isn't finished and it lacks a lot of features and that's why I started this discussion.

Share your opinion.

5+ for marketing

Maxim Kuznetsov:

5+ for marketing

Nah, I'd give it a three. :) It was obvious from the very first post that this was just another promotion. It's just a pity so many people responded. Many people, it turns out, do not need results in trading, but "visuals" and other whistleblowing tricks.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

5+ for marketing.

Thank you, however, in my activities on this forum, if there is any marketing, it is no more than 20%.

I am a creative person and I love my job, so I, like any other person, want to be heard. If this fact does not please anyone, they are free to ignore me.

On this thread I try to minimise my advertising (no matter how you spin it, it's still present), and discuss with colleagues a really interesting topic that many of us care about.

If you don't develop the area of trading robots, it will inevitably degrade, and that will be sad, because its potential is almost completely unrealized.

Anyway, it's not for commercial purposes that I've posted a link to my video on my page. This is how I see the windows of future councillors. Share your opinions, criticise, advise and participate.

Thank you.

Реter Konow:
I'm not sure I understood your point correctly. To consider the interaction of currency pairs on a special kind of chart, which would combine them in one picture?

I was speaking about Sergey's idea of "interaction of 8 pairs", i.e. we obtain the correlation, and such an indication already exists, the correlation may be multidirectional at the moment, and unidirectional following the quarterly results, hence the conclusion that some pairs have finished their movement potential and they start to work out the technical correlation (alignment of movements), others keep moving, it is something to think about.

Sergiy Kriushin:

Very good idea: to show price movement in interaction of 8 pairs, here, after some training, you can get sufficient prediction ratio even on small TFs...how will it be on the screen - will it also roughly indicate by arrow the probable direction of all these pairs in a common harness???

Реter Konow:

2. ... interface,... and try to understand what it should be for EAs. In general terms.

What's an interface for an EA? An EA is the logic of entries/exits and mm. it's not how many buttons should be attached and in what location and what colour. in the best case, an EA is a minimum of graphic elements- everything inside.

do you want to drive or do you want to leave?