The arrival of a new generation of trading software. What should the EA interface be like? - page 6

Roman Shiredchenko:

:-) Oh! That's another thing... Terminator. Rise of the Machines...

As for the subject: the starter is a far cry from the trade, IMHO.

Yes, you're right, I have very little experience in trading. Still, I am convinced that programs must have an interface, and my trading experience does not play a role here...

Реter Konow:
Yes, you are right, I have very little trading experience. Still, I am convinced that programmes should have an interface, and my trading experience does not play a role here...
It's all clear.

Реter Konow:
Yes, you're right, my trading experience is very limited. I'm still convinced that programs must have an interface, and my trading experience doesn't play a role here...

It plays a crucial role.

Now, if I were to make clothes for ballerinas, I would be very far from understanding what they really need. I can't sew or dance on my toes. Although, of course, have an idea in my opinion, what they need ballerinas, what would have them nowhere chafed and what would be beautiful.

That's about how you do it.

Was on your wall. And saw pictures of the interface.
Isn't it already finished?
There's a video on youtube. I'll look at it soon.
Already done.)

In order to move from theory to practice and to really address the issues of standards for EA interfaces in the discussion, I will post my sketches on this thread. I will do so tomorrow. If anyone has ideas or sketches of the standard interface for EAs, they can make them in a visual studio for clarity and post them here too. In this case, our discussion will help to decide what we want the standard interface of trading programs to look like and what the EA interface as a whole will look like.

Is it a separate .exe programme?

Alexander Ivanov:
Was on your wall. And saw pictures of the interface.
Isn't it already finished?
There's a video on youtube. I will look at it soon.
Already done.)
Do not judge by the pictures, it is outdated (more than a year ago) development. The closest version of what is now you can see in the video, but there all pretty outdated. The windows have a slightly different style now (more Windows-like). You will see it tomorrow.

Реter Konow:
Don't judge by the pictures, these are outdated (more than a year ago) developments. The closest version to what we have now is in the video, but it's also pretty outdated. The windows have a slightly different style now (more Windows-like). You will see it tomorrow.
Okay.

Alexander Ivanov:
Is this a separate .exe program?

At the moment everything is implemented in the Expert Advisor. The next stage - the transfer of the functionality in the indicator and the connection of the interface implemented in the indicator with the Expert Advisor through the global variables. The Expert Advisor will access the global variables created by the user by the names that the user will give them. The names will be written in the log file.

At first, the interface will be created in the file by a very simple method. For example, to create the options window, you will only have to save the ready-made template and add to it the necessary controls, along with names and properties of the parameters in the right sequence, corresponding to the desired location of the elements. The engine will calculate all the indentation and coordinates of the objects itself.

Andrey Dik:

It plays a crucial role.

Now, if I were to make clothes for ballerinas, I would be very far from understanding what they really need. I can't sew or dance on my toes. Although, of course, have an idea in my opinion, what they need ballerinas, what would it be nice and not rub anywhere.

That's about how you do it.

You know, I've been testing different strategies for a long time. I've gained an understanding of how the market works. I've learned that it's very complex and volatile. I've understood that it is impossible to judge any strategy unequivocally, because one moment it can be very profitable, and the next moment it can be absolutely unprofitable.

My thesis is: an EA interface can be a great help in real trading and in good hands. It will increase the possibility of interacting with the program and improve the quality of the trading process. The interface will make it possible to trade at a new level previously unavailable to algotraders. Try to refute that.