What does a freelancing client pay for for an EA in exp format or for open source code? - page 26

Andrey Dik:

In the few jobs I have had (not in freelancing), ...

If I were MQ, I would introduce an additional form that needs to be filled in by the client and the contractor before the job starts:

For customers:

1. If the order is a trading robot, then I agree not to make any claims about the trading results of the program.

2. the contractor is required to provide the source code.

That is all. A template form that removes many questions and makes arbitrage work easier.

Andrey Dik:

Theory - not at all. I shared my experience, it's no longer theory, but practice. ...

And the template form I suggested for freelancing would have really solved the problems and this topic wouldn't have appeared at all.

Three key points:

1. Dick has little experience of fulfilling orders

2. Dick offers a form, the essence of which a) informs the customer that the developer is not responsible for the profitability of the made EA according to the customer's TOR and b) provides the source code

3. Dick thinks this will solve many contentious issues

If you had experience, you would know that 99% of customers have no problem understanding and agreeing that the developer is not responsible for the profitability of an EA that is written to the customer's TOR.

And 99% of jobs have no problem or disagreement on the form of the deliverable, in source code or executable.

I.e. your form may have solved "many problems", but not for more than 1% of disputes.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Three key messages:

Three key theses:

1. Dick has little experience of order fulfilment

2. Dick offers a form, the essence of which is a) to inform the customer that the developer is not responsible for the profitability of the EA made according to the customer's TOR and b) the source code is provided

3. Dick thinks this will solve many contentious issues

If you had experience, you would know that 99% of customers have no problem understanding and agreeing that the developer is not responsible for the profitability of an EA that is written to the customer's TOR.

And 99% of jobs have no problem or disagreement on the form of the deliverable, in the source code or in the executable.

I.e. your form may have solved "many problems", but not for more than 1% of disputes.

You have problems with reading or with reading comprehension. There are different points for the customer and the contractor to fill in the form. Responsibilities and duties are different (not in degree but in content).

The essence is not the understanding of parties of their responsibilities and rights - all understand this, but act differently (criminals also know that they are breaking the law). The point is to sign an agreement, which is a contract, and understanding alone will not be enough for the order to be fulfilled, no one of the parties will be able to play the fool and say "I didn't know!

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

1. You don't have to be rude. I'm not being rude. Be courteous. Observe the rules of the resource.

2. I have no problem understanding what you're saying.

3. What you're talking about is 99% self-evident. And the controversial issues that arise in freelancing have other reasons than the one you outlined.

The problem you raise in this thread is a problem that happens very rarely. I estimate that the number of such cases (and I have a lot of experience) is no more than 1%.

At least 80% of all TOR that customers submit contain the phrase "source code provided". And somewhere in the post above it was already said, like, it's annoying to read requirements in terms of reference (including providing source code), which go without saying.

1. I wasn't being snarky to exactly the same extent as you weren't being snarky by quantifying my experience.

2. it is the problem of reading comprehension that you have demonstrated, which is what I reported to say that you have misunderstood me.

3. Propose your variants of an agreement or add your own.

As you see, you usually cross out others' opinions and suggestions without offering anything in return. As always, though.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

-- you haven't personally done any work at your local Freelance

Your opinion is very valuable to us, come back tomorrow. If you have any questions or problems, please contact servicedesk.

ZS. I'm telling you - problems with perception...