Making a crowdsourced project on Canvas - page 11

On the one hand it's interesting that a group is being created, or there are attempts to create one...

But on the other hand, it's a shame that the MQL public is being recruited for some buttons, trinkets and trinkets...

Trading strategies and forecasting techniques - that's what should be the focus of an interested public. Imho.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

It won't be professional from creating scroll buttons, forms, etc. MKL at the level of Borland C++ 3.0 from the 80's.

Interfaces etc. (whichever comes to mind) outward, in any language. Trading functions and market information in MKL. And all problems are solved. Whoever is more comfortable does so. If you want, you may create your TS in MKL; if you want, you may create it on LISP. There's no disagreement.

Why are you coming at me like I'm the enemy of the people? Am I trying to take away your beloved MCL? I'm not, and I wouldn't dream of it.)

I don't consider myself a sufficiently experienced programmer to compare different languages by their level of professionalism. So, I'm not going to argue with you.

Personally, at my time, I lacked only the interface.

My ideas of Expert Advisors were easily and completely implemented in MKL, but the lack of ability to easily create an interface for full interaction with my application and expand the range of information I received forced me to work towards the creation of graphical functionality.

Dennis Kirichenko:

On the one hand it's interesting that a group is being created, or there are attempts to create one...

And on the other hand, it hurts that MQL-environment attracts public for some little buttons, trinkets and trinkets...

Trading strategies and forecasting techniques - that's what should be the focus of an interested public. Imho.

Absolutely agree. Two hands in favour! But this requires simplifying the programming as much as possible, and not bothering to rewrite to MKL already ready and freely available libraries.

Of course, writing the Fourier transform and the stat library for MKL is a feat. But here they are, lying next to each other, all interfaces are available, may be for Excel or C++ or C#. Forms, buttons, scrolling and so on. - Take it and use it. All for free, i.e. for free.

Kill, I don't get it.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Still, I would like to hear you give specific arguments to support what you say about the low level of professionalism of MCLs.

Реter Konow:

I don't consider myself an experienced enough programmer to compare different languages in terms of their level of professionalism. Therefore, I'm not going to argue with you.

Personally, at my time, I only lacked the interface.

My ideas of Expert Advisors were easily and completely implemented in MKL, but the lack of ability to easily create an interface for full interaction with my application and expand the range of information I received forced me to work towards the creation of graphical functionality.

Yes, for heaven's sake, who minds. But give you an API, you could manage and control your MKL EA from any interface, created in anything, even Excel (by the way, the easiest).

Реter Konow:
Still, I would like to hear specific arguments from you in support of what you say about the low level of professionalism of the MCL.
I have already written - the language and capabilities are at the level of Borland C++ 3.0 from the 80's.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
But if you were given an API, you could manage and control your MQL EA from any interface, created in whatever you want, even in Excel (by the way, the easiest).

But then, perhaps, I wouldn't be here now. I'm interested in creating something new, filling in gaps, creating new tools, advancing a lagging field... And to make money too...

And if we had free access to MT ARI, it would not be interesting at all).

Реter Konow:

But then, perhaps, I wouldn't be here now. I am interested in the challenge of creating something new where it doesn't exist. To fill in the gaps, to create new tools, to advance a lagging field... And to make money too...

Well, if MT ARI were freely available, it would be no fun at all).

It's all been created a long time ago. In fact, it's not all that hard. When I taught C++, back under DOS, my students made windows, buttons and scrollers as assignments.

What's new is something no one has done yet. It's really a problem, and not everyone can do it.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

This has all been in place for a long time. It's not really complicated. When I was teaching C++, back under DOS, I had students make windows, buttons and scrollers as tasks.

What's new is something no one has done yet. It's really a problem, and not everyone can do it.(

I don't know... I've been working on the MKL interface for a year and a half, and it's not easy for me... I would say it's terribly difficult. I have to invent everything from scratch, since I'm not using OOP and Mt controller library. Why? - Simply because it's not efficient.

Developed a new, much more efficient method of creating and working with an interface. It's really something new, and that's why it's so hard. But you can achieve much more with this technology than with the standard OOP approach.

If it wasn't for the shortcomings of ICL, I never would have done it... "There's no silver lining.")

Yuriy Asaulenko:

This has all been established for a long time.

Is there much honour in using something that was not created by us? Microsoft developed everything, and we are just going to use it? Wouldn't it be better to create our own? And beat that Microsoft...)))