Algorithm Optimisation Championship. - page 103

Andrey Dik:

You still don't get it. That's too bad.

What difference does it make to you whether you have a FF library or not? You must have an optimization algorithm capable of solving problems with unknown content, unknown formula. Any optimization task must be within its power. This is what the championship is designed for, it has been said a million times.

Why am I not afraid of any FFs and you are? Why can I solve any optimization problems even without knowing the innards of the FF, and you still can't? I told you, everything goes as planned, we do not change anything else, either you perform all steps synchronously with me or not - it is up to you to decide.

Ask what is not clear, specific questions on solving problems with an unknown formula, I will answer, but the championship will run its course no matter what. If you do not have time - well, it happens, you're not the first or last in such situations, you'll have time next time, when you look at the test bed and chase my algorithm, and those who may still have time to join the competition.

Take the Alglib algorithm from the codebase, it can solve the championship problems if you haven't been able to prepare your own algorithm so far. It will solve the problem without too many questions or requirements to change the championship conditions. Take it, you might even win with it this time.

Are you afraid to compete with me?

And I was wondering what kind of attempts to quit, which start as soon as it comes to the competition...

Don't worry about my algorithm, give me a FF and some time. There you go, we'll have a competition.

Реter Konow:

Are you afraid to compete with me?

And I wonder what it is about trying to quit that starts as soon as it comes to the competition...

Don't worry about my algorithm, give me an FF and some time. Then we'll compete.

What is my fear? What am I afraid of that you don't have?

You've had plenty of time. You should be able by now to solve any optimization problems, as my algorithm can, as well as the regular MT optimizer can.

The algorithm I am putting up for the championship has no limitations, it can solve any optimization problem with any FF, with any number of variables in any range and with any step. I can compete and I can answer for my words, you will see and feel it. I have nothing to hide and nothing to be ashamed of. Are you ready for all of the above at this point?

You still have time to prepare, don't waste it on idle talk.

Andrey Dik:

What does my fear manifest itself in? What should I fear that you don't have?

You have had plenty of time. You should be able by now to solve any optimization problems, as my algorithm can, as MT's staff optimizer can.

The algorithm I am putting up for the championship has no limitations, it can solve any optimization problem with any FF, with any number of variables in any range and with any step. I can compete and I can answer for my words, you will see and feel it. I have nothing to hide and nothing to be ashamed of. Are you ready for all of the above at this point?

You still have time to prepare, don't waste it on idle talk.

In my opinion, you are engaged in idle talk now, scaring me with your super-algorithm and assuring me that I will not be able to oppose anything.

Come on FF.

Реter Konow:

I think you're just making idle talk now, scaring me with your super-algorithm and assuring me that I won't be able to counter it.

You saw a few pages ago a function like f(x1, x2). Have you even tried to find the maxima of these simple functions? So, you know formulas of these functions, you have solved them and what will you do if you don't know formulas?

Start small and after that you will understand much more.

And I'm not scaring you. I'm trying to tell you what you have to compete with and what problems you have to solve. You didn't think we were playing games here, did you?

Tag Konow:

Come on, FF.

Today, I told you. I can say it again - Today. Just in case and because it has something to do with Trinity - Today!

Andrey Dik:

You know the formulas of these functions, you have solved them, but what will you do if the formulas are unknown?

Don't scare us, we are scary...)))

Waiting for the FF.

Реter Konow:

Don't scare us, we're scary...))

Looking forward to the FF.

I'm sorry you're so skittish, but the real challenges of life can scare you worse than I've even tried to do.

Peter, I'm serious, imagine if MQ were saying like you "give us your FF, then we'll give you the optimizer!", but the optimizer is there and it works without question. I repeat - look at Alglib, it doesn't ask questions, it doesn't ask the user "give me a FF!", it optimizes without question.

Think about it and then you'll realise that it's not important to know the FF. And you don't need to know the FF to find the maximum.

That's it. I'll only show up now with a stand and a FF closer to nightfall.

I'm a little confused as to what the championship is about in the first place. They are a fraction of a second by any software. And not just the highs, but the profiles themselves.

Here's an example, I did recently. And this is function processing.

Like, - long before he did it again?

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I'm a little confused as to what the championship is about in the first place. They are a fraction of a second by any software. And not just the highs, but the profiles themselves.

Here's an example, I did recently. And this is function processing.

Like - long before he repeated it?

With what kind of software can you find in a fraction of a second the maximum function with 500 or more parameters?

and 2 parameters, yes, like 2 bytes

Andrey Dik:
How can any software find the maximum of a function with 500 or more parameters in a fraction of a second?
f(x1,x2). Did you write it? That's exactly what's in the picture.)

Yuriy Asaulenko:
f(x1,x2). Did you write?
yes, and?