FOREX - Trends, forecasts and implications 2016 - page 478

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Personally I have a purely practical interest, based on a simple interest in formalising the description of an input and the possibility to automate such an input!

I always keep a close eye on especially those who describe their inputs, and most importantly, are able to formalise them.

I can show and describe the entries that I have repeatedly done here, but I will not do it anymore, the entries, justifications, because people are lazy and stupid, when you give something you expect some return, at least in the form of discussion and new ideas, but they are not even able to read, and to think, and do not say anything)))

sxww:
I can show and describe entries, I've done it more than once here, but I won't do it any more, entries, yes, no reasoning, because people are lazy and stupid, when you give something you expect a payoff, at least in the form of discussion and new ideas, but they cannot even read, and do not even think)))

Descriptions that are packed into tens or hundreds of pages of text are quite time-consuming to implement.

but if the description "fits on a postage stamp "- then most likely it is possible to code at least in part, or check it out.

(just do not take literally the phrase fits on a postage stamp) - Actually it's an expression of a very famous trader, you might even know which one.

--

For example, a simple description by Larry Williams - it has to do with the stock markets and indices, not the Forex market - well I'm sure it's clear to you, in general, overnight trades are closed.

let's assume there is a falling trend - and suddenly on the next day the instrument opens with a strong gap downwards - put a pending buy stop order at the previous day's close

and if the price on that day comes back to that level and breaks it, it is a good signal to buy!

The simple Expert Advisor was written and tested on a decent piece of history over several years - and it works! That's all.

Larry described a simple signal that works within a few lines.

--

And of course trading with a fully automatic trading robot is not profitable forever - but we are still searching for the grail.)

But trading with semi-automatic systems gives the trader a handy tool in his hands!

sxww:
I can show and describe the inserts, which I have done more than once here, but I will not do it anymore, the inserts are justified, because people are lazy and stupid, when you give something, you expect a return, at least in the form of discussion and new ideas, but these are not even able to read, and to think, and even silent)))
Well done, here's 478 pages. And somewhere in this book is a description of your inputs. If you don't want to describe them, you probably shouldn't even talk about them.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Descriptions that are packed into tens or hundreds of pages of text are quite time-consuming to implement.

but if the description "fits on a postage stamp" - most likely it is possible to code at least partially, or check it out.

(just don't take literally the phrase "fits on a postage stamp") - Actually it's an expression of a very famous trader, you might even know which one.

--

For example, a simple description by Larry Williams - it has to do with the stock markets and indices, not the Forex market - well I'm sure it's clear to you, in general, overnight trades are closed.

let's assume there is a falling trend - and suddenly on the next day the instrument opens with a strong gap downwards - put a pending buy stop order at the close of the previous day

and if the price on that day comes back to that level and breaks it, it is a good signal to buy!

The simple Expert Advisor was written and tested on a decent piece of history over several years - and it works! That's all.

Larry described a simple signal that works within a few lines.

--

And of course trading with a fully automatic trading robot is not profitable forever - but we are still searching for the grail.)

but trading with semi-automatic systems gives the trader a handy tool in his hands!

The simplest trading from the range boundaries

Alexey Busygin:
There you go, there's 478 pages. And somewhere in that book is a description of your inputs. If you don't want to describe them, you probably shouldn't talk about them.
That's your problem))))

sxww:

But I believe in consistently profitable trading EAs roughly like Santa Claus))))

As an assistant in processing information for trading yes, as a profitable trading bot, don't laugh))))

"A profitable EA is a myth" S Strange

sxww:
That's your problem))))
And some people consider trading from levels to be "hanging out". I.e. it is clear that sometimes the price passes the level where the order is placed and we just wait.

azfaraon:
And some people consider trading from levels to be overstaying. I.e. it is clear that sometimes price passes a level where we set the order and we just have to wait.
We placed the order, because first the price and the level are coinciding, the price and the level are dynamic, not static, and only then the order is opened.)

sxww:
This is your problem))))
it's not my problem, it's your trickery and ponzi scheme

sxww:

Simple trading from range boundaries

But the way Larry described it, I gave his short simple and easy to understand ToR for a reason

It's short, clear and tested and even I didn't need a picture to create a simple algorithm to check it.

Is it possible to read the description of your input/output somewhere?

Although, in fact a good picture sometimes removes 20 pages of description or complements it well.