I'm interested in your opinion. What will happen? - page 6

Сергей Криушин:
Last year everyone went long - everyone who had money - all year 15 we had silence and a deep fall... and this is not a theory... inflation might as well go into deflation...))
they cannot ALL go long or go short at the same time...

Alexandr Bryzgalov:
they cannot ALL go long or go short at the same time

It's a figurative supposed phenomenon to reason about what effect you can expect from it.

I remember about ten years ago single sleepy traders were breaking through several figures with their noses in large volumes.

Now the protection is built on a higher level and such cases hardly occur anymore. But if many traders enter the market in large volumes, the shift to the demand side will be huge and no limiters will hold it. The example with the recent Swiss, the rate went astray due to small limiters. The recent example, on Dec 3, the big players covered the long on the dollar, the result is almost 4 figures in a short period of time.

Владимир:

I remember about ten years ago, single sleepy traders were breaking through several figures with their noses in large volumes.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:
can't ALL go long at the same time, or ALL go short at the same time
And have we figured out what percentage of the volume in the market is taken up by small scum like us? )) I think there were estimates around a few percent.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
And have we figured out what percentage of market volume is occupied by small fry like us? )) I think there were estimates of around a few percent.

Greetings...

The market has three types of traders - makers (major banks and funds) - who move the market, analysts who try to predict the market behavior, and traders (who include all those who try to catch the wave), from whom nothing depends... But there is a fourth type of traders-analysts, which are very few, but which predict with high accuracy what the makers think (sorry if I call them wrong) - many may say that they are like insiders - but they would be wrong about this....This fourth type of traders-analysts make forecasts with high probability of market behavior with minimal accuracy... So if everybody tries to take a short position, but it will not save the situation from what is going to happen - it may only provoke correction and not more...

What are the mikemakers? Do the mikemakers do?

So there should be more players in the market: mikemakers, panamikemakers, shortmakers, tapkemakers.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

What are the mikemakers? Do the mikemakers do?

So there should be more players in the market: mikemakers, panamikemakers, shortmakers, tapkemakers.

Well, pardon my mistake - market makers...

Alexey Volchanskiy:
And have we figured out what percentage of the market volume is taken up by small jokers like us? )) It was estimated at about a few percent.

I thought the percentage of meat was higher...

Vladimir Gribachev

What would happen if all the traders in the world went long on the Eurobucks at the same time?

Would the price go up and fly off into space?

Prices in the market are layers of limit orders. They provide liquidity.

If we all go to the LONG, we will merge all the orders from sellers. Who will be left with the banks. (We all stand in LONG).

So we're in LONG, the banks are in SHORT, and... nothing's going anywhere... much at least.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:
can't ALL go long at the same time, or ALL go short at the same time
Z I was referring to the panic since mid-December 2014 when everything that could be bought up was bought up - just to get rid of the sharply cheaper roubles...

панику с середины декабря 2014

Was there panic then?

Everything was so clear and certain a month or two before... If a state agency (or 2 or 3 grand like now) was given epic money in the fall (when reporting on the winter), they have nowhere to spend it.
Only into other money :-)

By the way, it is almost the same as now - money was thrown into the market in the autumn, which could only play into other money and sharply move rates.