I'm interested in your opinion. What will happen? - page 7

glebon:

After all, market prices are layers of limit orders. They provide liquidity.

If we all get into the LONG, we will drain all orders from sellers. Which leaves the banks. (We all stand in LONG).

So we're in LONG, the banks are in SHORT, and... nothing's going anywhere... much at least.

No one bothered to clarify how much volume the bulls will enter and how the bears will respond? If they go long with 5%, they won't have much effect, but if they go 55%, it will be a different story. Let's go without a backward glance. And I'm with you then ;).

Should we gather tens of thousands of traders and try it? Then we will see the effect, if it works, we can hold our own super fund in the form of private investors, i.e. us.

I think almost all traders will get a cosmic slippage, only the fastest UPU will buy something.
At that, those who were on shorts before will get space slippage at stop loss and will become buyers as well :).
After that, liquidity will come to an end and functions that send an order to buy will hang on waiting for the transaction.

Vladimir Gribachev:

What would happen if, for example, all the traders in the world went long on the Eurobucks at the same time?

Would the price explode upwards and fly off into space?

The question is not correct. What do you mean by "go long"?

Does it mean they will make a deal or will they just send bids?

If so, will they put limits? Or will they send market orders?