The future of MQL5 is MQL5+ or even MQL6 - page 6

Igor Volodin:

I want:

1) Detach the chart of a specific symbol from the window of an MQL program (which can work with any symbol) or introduce a new type of programs run by click.

• No need to cancel the chart with all sorts of tricks
  • no unnecessary slow events and constant self-repaintings in the window (the application itself decides when to redraw the window)

2) Allow software to work with mouse wheel

3) Include third party fonts as a resource (otherwise I have started porting the svg libraries).

• get scalable graphics
  • use ready-made fonts ala fontawesome etc. (http://glyphsearch.com/)

Thanks so much for the kanvas, testing frames and events!

2 - I think it's possible, I've definitely implemented a wheel click.

Vladimir Pastushak:
2 - I think it's possible, I've definitely implemented a wheel click.
are you not confusing the scrolling wheel and the middle button?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

I suggest to add automatic backups to MetaEditor...

Vladimir Pastushak, 2016.01.02 09:34

I propose to add automatic backup to metaeditor...

Management has promised to upgrade metaeditor, I propose to add automatic backup...

What my suggestion is related to:

1 Storage unfortunately does not always work correctly.

2 Storage has limitations on saving files, for example, you can not save certain types of files (When developing projects, you want to keep everything in one place, sources, inludes, help files, databases of creating help, screenshots, videos, etc...)

3 On mobile internet requires traffic, albeit not significant, but required.

Automatic backups on the local machine will allow:

1 Store backups safely.

2 Create copies without any extra steps, e.g. when MetaEditor is opened or when it is closed or at intervals.

3 Will allow all project files to be saved.

4 Will not require traffic or wait time for synchronisation.

5 Allows you to save backups to the cloud.

What do users and developers think ?

Would really like tooltips with variable value. <br/ translate="no">

Sincerely.

I also wish the MQL4/MQL5 classes with their methods and fields were represented in the editor in the form of branches, and the variables and functions were represented in the branches Variables and Functions, respectively, to make navigation as convenient as possible (as it is done in Visual Studio C++, Delphi 7 and other similar editors).

If we are talking about MQL language rather than platform and editor, we really miss exceptions and anonymous functions (or at least direct possibility to make callback).

The platform, as always, lacks a debugger :-)

I don't have any complaints about the editor.

As a trader and user of different indicators, I miss the possibility to enable or disable the display of indicators or their groups.

Oksana Berenko:
In MT4 in the tester to make the testing speed normal: otherwise 31 is slow, and 32 is too fast on all ticks.
Oksana is good - I forgot to write about it in my wishes, I give her all the credit.

Dr.Trader:
I really miss more advanced optimisation.

1) Own ticks loaded from CSV. The only reason why I'm still using MT4 is that I can load real ticks into it, autogenerated ticks in mt5 is useless and generally harmful.

2) Genetic optimization by its own criterion which is not integrated in OnTester. For example, I want to optimize the result by the total balance divided by Sharpe Ratio :) - If this is not added by OnTester developer, everything is lost.

3) Walk forward optimization. The optimizer should find not only the right parameters but also the duration of backtest and the duration of real trading period.
For example, we give the optimizer 2 years of history, try different parameters and different optimization periods, and get the results that the Expert Advisor should be optimized every month on the history of the previous 5 months to maximize the profit.
+100500

The debugger has been around for a long time

1. the MetaEditor is very cheesy.

2. Make normal versions for Mac and Lin, without any vines. It works only once.

3. The programmer should not only create an Expert Advisor and indicators, but also make it possible to modify the interface.

I think the implementation of this last point will significantly increase the speed of MT development)).

Alexey Volchanskiy:
Oksana well done - I forgot to write about it in my wishes, fully plus.

I will let you in on a big secret. At maximum test speed (32) there is no lag. The vice maximum speed (31) has ::Sleep(0). Simply switching the threads makes the difference

But I don't want to use empty loops for delay - other users will get angry: "Why the fuck did I get 100% CPU load on nothing!".