The future of MQL5 is MQL5+ or even MQL6 - page 4

Sergey Basov:
Did you contact servicedesk with the results of the poll? Because I wonder if they responded with anything specific or not?
That's not what servicedesk is for, it's a repair shop, not a strategic planning headquarters. Here's Renat on the forum now, he, as CEO, should give a task to a member of staff to collect all the suggestions at the end of the vote. And then discuss them at the first meeting in NG.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
That's not what the service dec is for, it's a repair shop, not a strategic planning headquarters. Renat is on the forum now, he, as CEO, should give a task to a member of staff to collect all the suggestions at the end of the vote. And then discuss them at the first meeting in NG.
Understood, we will all go to Renat together. And we won't see him until next New Year )))

Why no one wants to admit that MT5 is uncomfortable, unintuitive, etc.

As for the reverse trade, and now on some brokers on MT4 it is forbidden

Regarding reverse transactions and now on a few brokers on an MT4 it is prohibited

Stefan Stoyanov:
Why no one wants to admit that MT5 is uncomfortable, unintuitive , etc.

As for the reverse trade, and now on some brokers on MT4 it is forbidden

Regarding reverse transactions and now on a few brokers on an MT4 it is prohibited

What do you know better for forex?

Сергей Таболин:

It's not working!

I have contacted servicedesk:

Sergei Tabolin2015.11.03 17:34

Oh, and one more thing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

When optimising, fast, genetic, you declare that when you stop, even if you press STOP and then press START, the optimisation shouldcontinue from the moment you stop. Right?

So, I have tried this trick many times, but every time the optimization started from the beginning. Can you tell me what the problem could be?

In the end, after lengthy discussion and finding out, I didn't get a coherent answer.

In genetics, random rules, so there is very little chance that a new set of genes will be similar to the previous series.

So in genetics there is little chance of taking advantage of the continuation of an aborted test.

In sequential sampling it is ok.

About the future of MQLs?

There are two of them, imho.

Since MQL4 and MQL5 syntaxes are identical, I would like to suggest that developers introduce property properties in classes in both languages, as it is done, for example, in Pascal. In MQL, reading and writing methods are made in the form of functions, while in Pascal, these functions are attached to the property properties using the keywords write and read, respectively. It looks like this

property PenPos: TPoint read GetPenPos write SetPenPos;
property Pixels[X, Y: Integer]: TColor read GetPixel write SetPixel;

where identifiers after keywords read and write methods, described in the private area of TCanvas class. It is possible to refer to the Pixels property as a two-dimensional array, which is very convenient. For example:

Pixels[0, 0] := clLime;

Or, direct binding of class fields to a property:

property TextFlags: Longint read FTextFlags write FTextFlags;

where FTextFlags is a class field described in the private area. As a result of the operation

TextFlags := ETO_RTLREADING;
FTextFlags gets the value ETO_RTLREADING. FTextFlags, after read, can be replaced by a function with conditions, such as SetTextFlags, for more selective assignment of values to the FTextFlags field.

Mihail Matkovskij:

Since MQL4 and MQL5 syntaxes are identical, we would like to suggest developers to introduce property properties in classes in both languages, as it is done, for example, in Pascal. In MQL, reading and writing methods are made in the form of functions, while in Pascal, these functions are attached to the property properties using the keywords write and read, respectively. It looks like this

where identifiers after keywords read and write methods described in the protected area of TCanvas class. You can refer to the Pixels property as a two-dimensional array, which is very convenient. For example:

Or, direct binding of class fields to a property:

where FTextFlags the class field described in the private area. The result of the operation is

FTextFlags gets the value ETO_RTLREADING. FTextFlags, after read, can be replaced by a function with conditions, such as SetTextFlags, for more selective assignment of values to the FTextFlags field.

Love, love, love... These three concepts have merged into one...

Sorry, but now - designer rules: imho, of course.

More on MetaEditor. I would like the "Navigator" window to be minimized to the left (as a curtain) by double-clicking on the window border:

Step 1

After double-clicking, the Navigator window should be in about this position:

The bottom line

Karputov Vladimir:

More on MetaEditor. I would like the "Navigator" window to be minimized to the left (as a curtain) by double-clicking on the window border:

After double-clicking, the Navigator window should be in about this position:

I know Renat will explode, like "we're the best and we'll reinvent the bike ourselves!!!"

But MS gave an API for the editor a long time ago in passing. What's the big deal?

Tatar pride won't let you use someone else's API?