Why do 95% of traders lose? - page 6

Maxim Romanov:

But in the end who are you talking about now???)

The man got his way, you're talking about him, not anyone else, but him.) Any PR is good! And a lot of people already know about his theory. No one knows about yours.)

In the beginning look who was talking about mine! It's one thing to have something with you, and another thing to blab! It is better to wait modestly for positive results, and then PR, if nevmoch!

khorosh:
Talent is forgiven much that makes self-promotion look like childish pranks in comparison. And Yusuf is undoubtedly a talented man, who is also harmless and delicate.
Also add that he is ingenuous and modest!

Losing so that the remaining 5% win))

Vitaly Muzichenko:

You see, there are a lot of newbies on the forum, apart from the pros, and they will think that this is the correct interpretation of the concept of "pip". And then somewhere at the traders' get-together, he will say that on Thursday he took 130 pips on the Euro for 4 minutes, and they will laugh at him and say that on Thursday the pair passed only 75 pips in total.

You see, if you're a pro, you need to use proper slang, not be like a "lunkhead".

And you don't have to put program calculations here, because you can't do them any other way. I already wrote above,"And if they introduce 6 characters, not a tenth of a point as in the 5th character, but a hundredth, what then?" on a programmatic level it will remain that way, but in the concept of "point" in conversation nothing will change. This is an absolute unit for more than one decade, and counts as follows:1 lot = $10 in basic. 10 decimal places, even if the lot = point does not = 10, it is not a pip, as well as 10 kopecks is not 1 ruble. Even if it is N decimal places, the instrument volatility doesn't change.

From my point of view, the example is correct and relevant to the point measurement. The documentation is an authoritative source for me.

And so, for example, in some things I think that the most important thing is to make it clear (if I say that in all things some more correct name is not important for me, it would be untrue). In some, or rather, in many things, I believe, naturally, some more correct naming is important.

I do not claim to be a guru, the ultimate truth, a member of the telepathic club or a super-professional in terms. All the more so because "the more I learn, the more I realize how little I know".

In this case, i.e. if a person specifies how many digit quotations are in question, it is clear to me, for example, what it is about.

It is widely accepted that pip and pip are synonyms in Forex and that one pip is the minimum unit of price change.

I.e., the situation here is more related to how to put it more precisely... In general, as, for example, with the word "scythe". Something like that.

That is, if we say: "I went out this morning and saw a girl with a braid", it will not necessarily mean to see a girl with hair braided into a braid on her head. And if you say: "Went out in the morning and saw a guy with a scythe", it won't necessarily mean seeing a guy with an agricultural hand tool of the same name, butsome clarification can help to understand that it was "a guy with braided hair on his head" or "a girl with a scythe (an agricultural hand tool) in her hands", for example.

"Saw a scythe" can also mean to see a long riverbank or, another meaning, a mathematical object. There are different meanings for the word. It goes something like this.

Here is another example: please open your MetaTrader4 trading terminal with five-digit quotes for EUR/USD. And then in the"Trading" tab, a menu with a choice of profit/loss display settings. Below is a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

I.e., in the screenshot you can see that the choice will be between showing"in pips","in the currency of the order","in the currency of the deposit".

Questions:

1. When I select profit/loss display in pips on this menu and trade on EUR/USD with five-digit quotes, will my profit/loss"in pips" on open positions be displayed based on five-digit quotes or four-digit quotes?

2. Will the profit/loss values in money terms be based on open positions with the profit/loss values in the fifth decimal place or only the fourth decimal place?

Below is a screenshot of the answer to the first question, i.e., where you can see the profit in pips in the terminal for an open position on EUR/USD with five decimal places. The answer to the second one is "blurred" there, but you can guess in terms of meaning.

That is, if I comment on it mentally or aloud as: "... on the screen a five-point profit on five-digit quotes...", or someone comments it to me, then it's kind of clear what it's about.

Something like this.

Dina Paches:

The example I gave, from my point of view, is correct and on-topic, referring to the measurement of a point.

And so, for me, for example, in some things the most important thing is to make it clear. If I say that in all things the right name does not matter to me - that would not be true. In some things, too, the right slang is important to me.

I do not pretend to be a guru, the ultimate truth, a member of the club of telepaths and super-profi in terms. Especially because "the more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.

But in this case, if the person specifies how many five-digit quotes we are talking about, it's much clearer to me.

It is a common opinion that a pip and a pip are synonyms in Forex and that a pip is the minimal unit of price change.

I.e., here the situation rather refers to how to express your thoughts more precisely... In general, to how, for example, with the word "scythe". Something like that.

That is, if you say: "I went out this morning and saw a girl with a scythe", it will not necessarily mean to see a girl with a scythe on her head. And if you say, "I went out this morning and saw a guy with a scythe," it won't necessarily mean seeing a guy with an agricultural hand tool of the same name. Clarification, on the other hand, may help to understand that it was, for example, "a guy with his hair braided into a scythe on his head" or "a girl with a scythe (agricultural tool) in her hands". Something like that.

Here is another example. Open the trading terminal MetaTrader4 with five-digit quotes of EUR/USD. And then, in the"Trading" tab, a menu with a choice of profit/loss display settings. Below is a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

I.e., you can see in the screenshot that the choice would be between showing"in pips","in the currency of the order","in the currency of the deposit".

Questions:

1. When I select profit/loss display in pips on this menu and trade on EUR/USD with five-digit quotes, will my profit/loss"in pips" on open positions be displayed based on five-digit quotes or four-digit quotes?

2. Will the profit/loss values in money terms be based on open positions with the profit/loss values in the fifth decimal place or only the fourth decimal place?

Below is a screenshot of the answer to the first question, i.e., where you can see the profit in pips in the terminal for an open position on EUR/USD with five decimal places. The answer to the second one is "blurred" there, but you can guess in terms of meaning.

That is, if I comment on it mentally or aloud as: "... the screenshot shows a five-point profit on five-digit quotes...", or someone comments to me like that, then it's kind of clear what it's about.

Something like this.

Dina Hello! Do not make a mountain out of a molehill! Then the elephant won't step on your tail either.

I already told you - don't give me software calculations, don't be a dilettante! Take a simple formula and calculate: 10$/100000(counter\\lot) = 0.0001 this will be one point, there is no other, if you get another number, then you got a tick .

Read the "smart stuff" and draw conclusions.

The same is what an amateur would say when opening two oppositely directed positions, he/she calls it "hedging". In general, there is no difference between hedge and lock; it is the same for him, or he has a Buy or Sell position in the market and calls it an order.

Of course, you can laugh at that, but you have to cry because they do not know the simplest concepts, and moreover, they use the "wrong" things from the forum, not to correct beginners, but as for professionals, they use the wrong expressions.

Alexey Busygin:

Greetings, Alexey. Apparently you and I both happened to write your post at the same time, and I made clarifying edits to what I meant in mine.

My site froze, so I couldn't add it in at once.

So, you've got the same old, stripped-down version in your quote.

As for "the fly and the elephant" - you, as I remember, express your opinions on the forum more often than I do. That's one. )

Two, the expression "making a big deal out of a fly", as far as I know, means: "...to exaggerate something, to attach unreasonable importance to something...".

From my point of view, it is precisely statements about the incorrectness of this type of statement that can be referred more to "making a big deal out of a fly". As far as I remember, it's not the first time such a thrust of assertion has been raised here on the forum.

Third: I could be wrong, but for some reason I think that now by meaning you meant more: "...silent woman, when men are talking...!", but you wrote quite differently).

Dina Paches:

The example I gave is, from my point of view, correct and on-topic, relevant to the point measurement. The documentation is an authoritative source for me.

And so, for example, I believe that in some things the most important thing is to be clear (if I say that in all things some more correct name does not matter to me, it would be untrue). In some, or rather, in many things, I believe, naturally, some more correct naming is important.

I do not claim to be a guru, the ultimate truth, a member of the telepathic club or a super-professional in terms. All the more so because "the more I learn, the more I realize how little I know".

In this case, i.e. if a person specifies how many digit quotations are in question, it is clear to me, for example, what it is about.

It is widely accepted that pip and pip are synonyms in Forex and that one pip is the minimum unit of price change.

I.e., the situation here is more related to how to put it more precisely... In general, as, for example, with the word "scythe". Something like that.

That is, if we say: "I went out this morning and saw a girl with a braid", it will not necessarily mean to see a girl with hair braided into a braid on her head. And if you say: "Went out in the morning and saw a guy with a scythe", it won't necessarily mean seeing a guy with an agricultural hand tool of the same name, butsome clarification can help to understand that it was "a guy with braided hair on his head" or "a girl with a scythe (an agricultural hand tool) in her hands", for example.

"Saw a scythe" can also mean to see a long riverbank or, another meaning, a mathematical object. There are different meanings for the word. It goes something like this.

Here is another example: please open your MetaTrader4 trading terminal with five-digit quotes for EUR/USD. And then in the"Trading" tab, a menu with a choice of profit/loss display settings. Below is a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

I.e., in the screenshot you can see that the choice will be between showing"in pips","in the currency of the order","in the currency of the deposit".

Questions:

1. When I select profit/loss display in pips on this menu and trade on EUR/USD with five-digit quotes, will profit/loss"in pips" on open positions be displayed based on five-digit quotes or four-digit quotes?

2. Self profit/losses in money terms will be shown for open positions considering the profit/loss on the fifth decimal place in quotes or only the fourth decimal place?

That is, if I comment on it mentally or aloud as: "... on the screenshot a five point profit on five digit quotes...", or someone comments to me like that, then it's kind of clear what it's about.

Something like this.

if the price tag in the shop is in roubles, you are not saying that bread costs 2950 kopecks

Ivan Vagin:
If the price tag in the shop is in roubles, you don't say that bread costs 2950 kopecks.

If the price tag is in roubles, I take it in roubles.

If the price tag is in roubles and kopecks, I take it in roubles and kopecks.

If the terminal says in points, I take it in points; if the Help for Documentation says point value/size, I take it as point value/size.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I already told you - don't give me software calculations, don't be a dilettante! Take a simple formula and calculate: 10$/100000(counter\\lot) = 0.0001 this will be one point, there is no other, if you get another number, then you got a tick .

Read the "smart stuff" and draw conclusions.

The same is what an amateur would say when opening two oppositely directed positions, he/she calls it "hedging". In general, there is no difference between hedge and lock; it is the same for him, or he has a Buy or Sell position in the market and calls it an order.

Of course, you can laugh at that, but they must cry because they do not know the simplest terms, moreover, they use the "wrong things" on the forum, not to correct beginners, but as for professionals, they use the wrong expressions.

When you trade not by the lot, but:

• 0.1 lot, then the value of one pip on four-digit quotes for the EUR/USD pair is $1 (0.0001 = $1);
  • 0.01 lots, then cost of one pip on four-digit quotations for EUR/USD pair is equal to $0.10 (0.0001 = $0.10);
  • 2 lots, then the cost of one pip on four-digit quotes for the EUR/USD pair is $20 (0.0001 = $20).

That is, such calculations may result in a number different from yours. But this is usually referred to as the pip value, not the tick value.

Life is diverse.

And please show me where I poked you with software calculations. I gave you specific material:

• To this your question: "...so why do you put such an accent: "and on the 4 digits...", or do you know another measurement of a single point...?" the answer is here.
  • Further, I wrote this response to your post, with specific examples and explanations.

Secondly, if you consider yourself a pro, would you be kind enough to calmly and without labeling you, justifiably (i.e., argumentatively) prove that what I cited from the documentation here and from the terminal here is not true.

By the way the following question: in one tick will there necessarily be a movement of exactly one minimum unit of the price value of the pair?