Why do 95% of traders lose? - page 5

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Read on, it's a long-established rule:

One pip always corresponds to a cash equivalent. The value of a pip of a direct quote in Forex is calculated using the standard formula: The lot size is multiplied by the pip value. For example, the pip value for the EURUSD currency pair is calculated as follows:

100,000 * 0.0001 = $10.

Thus, if you open a deal with a volume of 1 standard lot, the value of 1 pip will be $10. For example, if a trader makes 100 pips, he will earn $1000, and if a stop order triggers at 20 pips, $200 will be deducted from his account. The pip value is calculated somewhat differently for reverse and cross rates.

Aside from the concept of a pip, there is also such a thing as a pip. For Forex traders, these terms have the same meaning. Only traders on the stock market differentiate a pip from a pips, because the smallest price change is 1 cent - a pip, but a pip is 100 such pips, i.e. 1 dollar.

======

And don't confuse a pip with a tick. And if they introduce 6 digits, not a tenth of a pip as in 5 digits, but a hundredth, then what? Any self-respecting trader is familiar with basic concepts and knows that in forex with 1 lot 1 pip = $10

I think the splitting up to 5-th digit is too much, and up to 6-th is fucked.

Alexey Busygin:
I think splitting up to the 5th digit is too much, and to the 6th digit it's just too much.

A 5-digit quote is preferable for scalping.

As for losing your deposit - take a profit every week.

And work on the money you earn, not on a loan.

Petr Baskakov:

A 5-digit quote is preferable for scalping.

As for losing your deposit - take a profit every week.

And work on the money you earn - not on a loan...

You may use tick trading and quick market movement for scalping. 100 pips on a 4-digit quote is equal to 1000 pips on a 5-digit one.

1,000 is good of course if you stand in that direction, but the movement often starts with false signals.

Andrey Luxe:

They say that 95% of traders lose money in the long run (i.e. they can win for a month, half a year, a year, but after a while they still lose their money) .

Can anyone properly explain the reasons why they lose money?

..Emotions, not following the MM, not following trading tactics and changing it during trading - all that, but there are a lot of robots in the market that do not have those human characteristics. So who can tell the real reasons why people and robots lose money on the markets? Still, 95% of traders who lose money, I think that's a lot.

Because 95% of traders play against the market!

The correct wording is how many % of traders are in the forex biomass

Alexander Puzanov:
The correct wording is how many % of traders in the forex biomass
No matter how many of them there are, they will still sell out!

Vitaly Muzichenko:
Are there any other pips? A pip is like a ruble - it consists of 100 kopecks and when we say 1 ruble, it somehow does not occur to anyone that it is 1000 kopecks, the same as 1.20 rubles is not 2 rubles or 12 rubles, it is only 1 (one). So why do you do such an accent: "and at the 4 sign ...", or you know another measure of one point? then write a new formula for calculating 1 lot.

What point value/size will the following query identifiers/function/variables return for four- and five-digit quotes? /* below, excerpts from the MQL4 Handbook*/:

1. MQL4 Handbook / Standard constants, enumerations and structures / Environment / Tool Information:

SYMBOL_POINT

Value of a single point

double

2. MQL4 Handbook / Standard constants, enumerations and structures / Environment state / Tool information

MODE_POINT

Size of a point in the quote currency. For the current symbol it is stored in the predefined variable Point

3. MQL4 Reference / Status Check / Point

Returns the point size of the current symbol in the quote currency.

DoublePoint();

4. MQL4 Reference / Predefined Variables / Point

Size of the current symbol point in the quote currency.

5 . MQL4 Reference / Predefined Variables / _Point

The _Point variable stores the pip size of the current symbol in the quote currency.

I.e., these request/function/variables identifiers are used to determine (return) the point value/size. Shouldn't it be attributed to a measurement? And don't they return a point value/size of 0.0001 for four-digit quotes and 0.00001 for five-digit quotes?

P./S.: What's wrong with specifying how many digit quotations? On the contrary, I think it clarifies what we are talking about when people may have different ideas.

Dina Paches:

What point value/size will the following query identifiers/function/variables return for four- and five-digit quotes? /* below, excerpts from the MQL4 handbook*/:

P./S.: What is wrong with specifying of how many decimals we are speaking about? On the contrary, in my opinion, it clarifies what we are talking about, when people may have different ideas.

You see, there are a lot of newbies on the forum apart from the pros, and they will think this is the correct interpretation of the concept of "item". And then somewhere on the traders' gathering they will laugh and say that on Thursday they got 130 pips on EUR in 4 minutes and the pair passed only 75 pips in total.

You see, if you're a pro, you need to use proper slang, not be like a "lunkhead".

You see, if you're a pro, you use the right slang, not "lame". And you don't have to put program calculations here because you can't do them any other way. I already wrote above,"And if they introduce 6 characters, not a tenth of a point as in the 5th character, but a hundredth, what then?" on a programmatic level it will remain that way, but in the concept of "point" in conversation nothing will change. This is an absolute unit for more than one decade, and counts as follows:1 lot = $10 in basic. 10 decimal places, even if the lot = point does not = 10, it is not a pip, as well as 10 kopecks is not 1 ruble. And even if it is N decimal places, the instrument volatility doesn't change.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

You see, if you're a pro, you need to use proper slang, not be like a "lunkhead".

How do you know what you need if you're a pro?

Alexey Busygin:

The theory is not a commodity, it is just an assumption, so it is silly to consider the discussion of the theory as an advertisement.

Or you are just trying to get a price tag on it.

Am I asking for anything or suggesting anything? It's the seller who's inflating the price! If discussing theory, then you don't need links to the same, which is advertising!