Servicedesk. Complaints, suggestions. - page 4

Ilya Malev:

The timer events are actually a subclass of ChartEvent, and are called only when the indicator is run directly on the chart. In indicators called through iCustom, you will not wait for the call of OnTimer, nor for the call of OnChartEvent

There, one indicator starts drawing only after the other indicator it calls has been drawn. It means, you have to press refresh once to build the one, the most distant in the chain, then once again to build the one that uses its data :)

I'll have to check. But anyway, I was talking about something else. You're talking about display, and on an offline chart (which is not the primary concern, since the trade is online). I, on the other hand, am talking about data availability. In your case the data is already available. But it is poorly displayed. I am talking about getting all the available data correctly.

Ilya Malev:
Why do you need to get it?
Why do you need to use a terminal?

Alexey Kozitsyn:
I will have to check it. But anyway, I was talking about something else. You're talking about displaying, and on an offline chart (which is not the primary task, because trading is online). I, on the other hand, am talking about data availability. In your case the data is already available. But it is poorly displayed. I am talking about getting all the available data correctly.

I realise we are talking about different things. You just said that data access in MT4 and MT5 is the same. In fact it is different and quite different.

By the way, MT4 uses a script that physically opens and scrolls the windows with charts of required symbols back to the history, imitating the user's actions.

I doubt that you can load the history in MT4 using MT5 methods, even if the SeriesInfoInteger function works for you.

Ilya Malev:

I realise we are talking about different things. You just said that access to data in MT4 and MT5 is the same. In fact it is different and quite different.

By the way, MT4 uses a script that physically opens and scrolls the windows with charts of the required instruments back to history, imitating the user's actions.

I doubt that you can load the history in MT4 using MT5 methods, even if the SeriesInfoInteger function works for you.

I will try it at the weekend. It's not at all obvious with the history, otherwise there wouldn't be a chapter about organizing access. Try to trash the entire history for a symbol, then open a terminal and request all the possible history. It will not happen quickly and far from the first time. And calculations, by my logic, can only be made after all the history is available. That is why a great deal of attention is being paid to this question.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
You're talking about displaying, and on an offline chart (which is not the primary task, because trading is online).
Just analysing the market at the weekend to make a plan for the week is one of the primary tasks for many traders.

Ilya Malev:
Just analysing the market at the weekend to make a plan for the week is one of the primary tasks for many traders.
I wouldn't speak for many. There are too many different strategies being used.

Write down the result of your experiments with the story in MT4)

Ilya Malev:
Write the result of your experiments with the story in MT4)
Ok, I'll post it here. It would be nice if you could also confirm your statements with the code with the results.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
OK, I'll post it here. It would be nice if you could back up your claims with code and results as well.
What are you talking about? What I wrote about iCustom indicators in MT5 is not disputed by anyone. It's kind of normal and it should be so.

Ilya Malev:
What do you mean? What I have written about iCustom indicators in MT5 is not questioned. This is kind of normal and it should be so.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Service Desk. Complaints, suggestions.

Ilya Malev, 2015.10.30 18:50

Timer events are actually a subclass of ChartEvent, and are only called when the indicator is running directly on the chart. In indicators called via iCustom, you don't wait for either OnTimer or OnChartEvent to be called

There, one indicator starts drawing only after the other one has been drawn. You need to press refresh once to build the first, farthest in the chain, then once again to build the one that uses its data :)

Because, the indicator in its thread cannot wait for data building of another indicator, without coming back from OnCalculate. It is also a nice feature. The user will always face the menu of the chart instead of working with data.

Here it is. As far as I understand, it's about indicators on mql5? It turns out that if the indicator calls another indicator, there will be no drawing off-line? Or, how many levels of attachment should there be to repeat the problem described by you?