What if the cable gets cut? - page 4

Дмитрий:

Genius idea.

One snag - 10 of the 13 root servers that power the entire global internet are in the US

That information was out of date back in early 2000. And mind you, it's not us that's afraid of being without internet, it's them.

Дмитрий:

Genius idea.

One snag - 10 of the 13 root servers that power the entire global internet are in the US

Apparently the other three servers are at Alyosha's home :)

Server Muradasilov:
Apparently the other three servers are at Alioska's house :)
Of course, where else would they be;)

Some 10 years ago, I read that you need much less traffic to transmit. The scheme is to have a weak outgoing signal through the cell and incoming signal through the dish.

In general, you need at least a cellular connection.

Zimbabwe probably does).

forexman77:

Some 10 years ago, I read that you need much less traffic to transmit. The scheme is to have a weak outgoing signal through the cell and incoming signal through the dish.

Zimbabwe probably does).

You don't have to have a mobile phone, a landline phone is enough, I've read that too.

forexman77:

Zimbabwe probably does).

It's the way they do it wherever internet is hard to come by.

In Antarctica or in the far north, in mountainous and foothill areas, tundra and steppes. The speed of such internet is decent on reception, you could say even better than some city providers. The only problem is that the antenna keeps blowing out.

Friends, don't you have anything else to think about?))) Look around you. What a beautiful world this is... You smart young guys ... but you're filling your heads ... Have pity on yourselves ...

Alexey Busygin:
Probably do that everywhere where the internet is hard to come by.
Yeah. Surely there's some trader who's making good money. Bought himself an island and trades on it, washing his feet in the ocean.)

I stopped reading this kind of news a long time ago, just pasta and gravy from the chefs of various media outlets =)

azfaraon:
Friends, don't you have anything else to think about?) Look around you. What a beautiful world it is... You smart young guys, but you're racking your brains... Take pity on yourselves...

So there is no chance of the cable being cut?

Give me a reason.)