What if the cable gets cut? - page 6

Vladimir Khlystov:
You don't need to, the internet will do it. Of course, the speed will be lost and you will not be able to pips, but who cares if america no longer exists?
And what will he need to pips or not to pips if "America is no longer there"?

you're scaring me even more )

I wanted to calm down, I think they're going to tell me it's not real and they're predicting no America)

Vladimir Khlystov:
There will be no repercussions, anything important can be transmitted by alternate channels. The noise is not caused by cables, but by Russian military superiority.
What kind of superiority? They cannot confirm that it is Russian submarine trays. Only speculate! The only Russian vessel that is "proof" is not military.

If they wanted to cut it off, they would have cut it off a long time ago and no one would have known about it.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
If they wanted to cut it, they would have cut it a long time ago and no one would have known about it.
Another genius thought - if underwater transatlantic cables had been cut, no one would have known about it.............

Дмитрий:
Another genius thought - if underwater transatlantic cables were cut, no one would know about it.............

That's why some people have to explain everything....

I mean no one would know that it was exactly cut and by whom it was "not cut".

Дмитрий:
Another genius thought - if underwater transatlantic cables were cut, no one would know about it.............

How genius some people pick up on genius thoughts )

I guess there is no point in going on and on about who is the genius of whom)

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

How brilliantly some people pick up on genius thoughts )

there's no point in going on and on about who's more genius than who)

What's there to go on?

An accidental cable break from a submarine is not the most likely cause of internet disappearance

Дмитрий:

what is there to go on about?

An accidental cable break from a submarine is not the most likely cause of internet disappearance

The common cause is a soggy socket.

If it's a government communication cable, it's not so easy to get to it unnoticed. Usually such a cable has a special sheath in which there is an airless space and sensors every metre across. If the sheath is breached, the sensors will beep and the breach can easily be detected.