What if the cable gets cut? - page 5

azfaraon:
Friends, don't you have anything else to think about?))) Look around you... How beautiful the world is... You clever young fellows... and what are you doing with your heads... Have pity on yourselves...

There's a ring of winds over Antarctica, a mix of 20 hurricane force winds. I've been watching it since day one, its formation.

No one will cut down the bough on which they have planted it ))))

Ramiz Mavludov:
I have long stopped reading such news, just pasta and gravy from chefs of various media outlets =)
I said in the first post that I was interested in the consequences, not in the fact that there is such a possibility

azfaraon:
No one is going to cut down the bough on which they have planted it ))))
Well, what if that bough is already pretty deep inside? How about chopping it off?

azfaraon:
No one will cut down the bough on which they have planted it ))))
so, the consequences of chopping that bough are interesting. (emphasis not be put on read as you like, but I didn't swear))

Alexandr Bryzgalov:
In the first post I said that I was interested in the consequences, not in the fact that there is such a possibility
There will be no consequences, everything important can be transmitted through alternate channels. The noise is not created by cables but by Russian military superiority.

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

So there is no chance of the cable being cut?

All of them? No.

Vladimir Khlystov:
There will be no consequences, everything important can be transmitted through alternate channels. The noise is not about cables, it's about Russian military superiority.

For example, if I trade through MT4, somewhere in America (New York), if America is cut off, what will I do?

I don't have any backup connections to America.)

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

For example, I trade through MT4, somewhere in America (New York), they cut off America, what am I going to do?

I have no spare connections to America )

You don't need to. The Internet will do it by itself. Of course, the speed will be lost and you will not be able to pipsqueak, but who cares if America has gone?

Комбинатор:
All of them? No.

I only count 30-35 of them, 18 on the Atlantic and the rest on the Pacific.

http://submarine-cable-map-2014.telegeography.com/