FORTS looking for MT5 trader - page 4

prostotrader:
BKS-sssssssssssssssssssss!?

Just a question about futures. If I sell a stock futures and while I am in shorts, there is a dividend payment, what happens? Do I get it, do I have to pay it or do I get nothing? And the second question, the price of the future at the time of expiry always converges with the price of the asset, or there are some peculiarities?

I was thinking of opening in Bx.)

Maxim Romanov:

Just a question about futures. If I sell a stock futures and while I am in shorts, there is a dividend payment, what happens? Do I get it, do I have to pay it or do I get nothing? And the second question, the price of the future at the time of expiry always converges with the price of the asset, or there are some peculiarities?

I am thinking to open an account with Bx.)

Thedividends are paid only to the owners ofthe shares.

I.e. at the close of the share register (cut-off), you have to be long the shares.

At the time of expiry, futures price / lot futures = share price

prostotrader:

Dividends are only payable to the holders of the shares.

I.e. at the close of the share register (cut-off), you must be in a long position with the shares.

At the time of expiration, the price of the futures / lot futures = the price of the stock.

That is, if I buy shares for 10 000r and sell futures at 11 000r, then at the time of expiration, I get 1000 p. profit, and if, during the hold position, there will be a dividend payment, then plus this 1000 rubles, I still get dividends on shares. Is this correct? And there are no pitfalls in such an operation?

I have a question here too. My broker does not have a single account. I have two accounts open on my IIM, one for the main market and one for the futures market. If I buy a stock futures for the futures market and hold it until it expires, the seller of the futures has to give me those futures after it expires. The seller of the futures must transfer the shares to me after the expiration date. The question is, in which account (main or futures) will I be credited with the shares?

Maxim Romanov:

That is, if I buy shares for 10 000r and sell the futures at 11 000r, then at the time of expiration I will receive a 1000 p profit and if, during the hold on the pose, there will be a dividend payment, then plus I will receive dividends on shares in addition to this 1000r. Is this correct? And there are no pitfalls in such an operation?

If it is the nearest futures and it hits the dividend payout, then it is most likely trading cheaper than the underlying asset.

Here is an example:

VTB futures expire in June 2020. If you calculate the price of the underlying asset from the futures price, it is worth 0.02967. It is actually worth 0.0311. The divestment cut-off is sometime in the summer, so the futures price takes this into account and trades at 0.00143 cheaper than the base.

Vitalii Ananev:

If it is the closest futures and it hits the dividend, it is likely to trade cheaper than the underlying asset.

Here is an example:

VTB futures expire in June 2020. If you calculate the price of the underlying asset from the futures price, it is worth 0.02967. It is actually worth 0.0311. The cut-off for the divi will be sometime in the summer, so the future will take this into account and will trade at 0.00143 cheaper than the basis.

I understand this point, it makes sense in general. But if the dividends are not paid, the profit will be twice less than it was before.) On the whole, the risks are clear so far.

Maxim Romanov:

I see that point, it makes sense on the whole. But if the dividend is not paid, it is a double shortfall in profits). On the whole, the risks are clear.

Read Nikiforov's book "Futures and Options", where all these points are clearly described with pictures.

Vitalii Ananev:

Read Nikiforov's book "Futures and Options", where all these points are described with pictures.

thanks

Maxim Romanov:

That is, if I buy shares for 10 000r and sell the futures at 11 000r, then at the time of expiration I will receive a 1000 p profit and if, during the hold on the pose, there will be a dividend payment, then plus I will receive dividends on shares in addition to this 1000r. Everything is correct? And there are no pitfalls in such an operation?

You got it all right, but the dividends will be charged 13% + the depositary will charge you two times 179 rubles for

for the accounting of your shares. Don't think about shorting the shares, the broker will immediately turn on the counter.

Vitalii Ananev:
I have a question here too. My broker does not have a single account. I have two accounts open on my IIM, one for the main market and one for the futures market. If I buy a deliverable stock futures in the futures market account and hold it until expiry. The seller of the futures must transfer the shares to me after the expiration date. The question is, in which account (main or futures) will I be credited with the shares?

If you have accounts opened for one person (with a passport), the shares should"come" to the Stock Market,

but it is better to ask your broker (I have not done so)