SOT - page 10

Alexander Laur:

So you have everything to trade with!

The only thing you are not satisfied with, if I understand the purpose of the thread correctly, is the time lag. That is, you can calculate all these levels and their changes with weekly delays. And you would like to understand what is going on WITHIN THE DAY. Right?

To do this you must solve the opposite problem: try to predict the changes in the positions of the SOT operators by forming the levels online. And when the report comes out, check your assumptions against the report.

Nah, it's all wrong, "lag" doesn't bother me at all, what happens during the day is of little interest to me either. Not much good will come from predictions based on the change in OI alone.

The purpose of this thread is to get an opinion about the data in the reports and how it may be used, maybe I got it wrong, and two heads are better than one. Sometimes)))

Here is the indicator. Do not ask to do something different.

There is only one parameter in the indicator, for example "COMLONG.csv" which are logs of commercial traders.

Make files with csv extension instead of txt. The csv will not be attached to the forum.

Before csv you can manually type in the required file or copy its name.

THE INDICATOR WORKS ONLYON WEEKLY CHART.

In the tester, the indicator does not work.

You put the files in the folder file.-----à here MQL4\Files

COMLONG - commercial traders' longs

COMSHORT - shorts of commercial traders

nonCOMLONG - non-commercial traders shorts

nonCOMSORT - non-commercial shorts

Then you need to manually enter the data after the update.

I didn't check it, but it seems to be correct, if you find errors, please let me know.

Files:
COT.ex4  9 kb
COMLONG.txt  25 kb
COMSHORT.txt  25 kb
nonCOMLONG.txt  24 kb
nonCOMSHORT.txt  24 kb

Someone has come to help us. Forum memberAndrey Vaskin, ready to program the strategy into the EA.

Need your ideas (strategies) on SOT.

Forexman, there's nothing to code about, the data is updated once a week, what's the point anyway?

stranger:
I don't have anything to code, the data is updated once a week, what for?

You can check on the daily schedule. Honestly, I wanted to check it myself already.

I thought there were people here who wanted to... Maybe they will find something. Just a man does it for free, but it is only until 25 EAs are encoded.

forexman77:

You can check on the daily schedule. Honestly, I wanted to check it myself already.

I thought there were people here who wanted to... Maybe they will find something. The man just does it for free, but it's only until 25 EAs are encoded.

I agree with the ideas on reports, but the Expert Advisor... Well, think about it, how many deals it will open based on the data from the reports? Can you push the button once a month with your hands? ))))

stranger:
Ideas on reports I agree, but an EA... well, think about it, how many trades will it open based on data from reports? Can you push the button once a month with your hands? ))))
If you do it since '95, it's hard to cover everything with your eye. You can also attach all sorts of wizards to it.)

forexman77:

Someone has come to help us. Forum memberAndrey Vaskin, ready to program the strategy into the EA.

I need your ideas (strategies) on SOT.

Yes I have written in what direction you can work there. I just need a standard search for different interpretations on entry. Of course - trade not by opening, but by standard daily or intraday resistances - to take the big cream, if they do not turn into margarine by that time.

Need to write a ToR - it takes time, I'm currently working on another project - limited time.

If I get time, I'll try to write the ToR. In general, it is easier for me to make a filter out of the report and check my ATCs against them to see if their performance has improved.

So, what we have. Non-commercials added 6400k to longs from 1.5580k, merchants added 10517k to shorts from 1.5660k. Since the start of the current countermarket, the non-commercials added 21463k to the longs with the buy level around 1.5530, the traders added 27996k to the shorts with the average price around 1.57. The most interesting thing is that the total net position of both of them is in shorts.

On the futures, the mood is short, so I expect a pullback to 1.5750-1.58 and a short to 1.53.

strange and the euro dollar did not pile up on the chart