SOT - page 5

wantsome44:
So it's not about the indicator. It just visualises numerical information on the chart, the amount of information is small, well, let's say small, and it is updated once a week. Is this indicator so necessary to draw lines in MT? Suggested the option of timingcharts and Excel, how are they worse?

forexman77:
You must be talking about CME futures, but there are also forex futures. There is a smaller minimum lot for currencies, but there is a risk of non-payment.

This question was anticipated, here is the CME report, what does it say?

stranger:

This question was anticipated, here's the report from the CME, what does it say?

Are you talking about micro contracts?

forexman77:
Are you talking about micro contracts?
No, I mean that SME reports data from the Globex electronic trading system.

stranger:

Could you go into more detail?

As for scalping, it is the riskiest trade.

i can go into detail, but it's a lot of writing and the moderator told me to write in russian.

I will tell you in general terms - when a farmer grows corn, he benefits only if the price goes up. But nobody is immune to price collapse, so the farmer goes short on futures, when he sells them, we buy them and the price goes up.ther is a real commodity and you make a profit on it and you close your positions on short and we are on the other side of the fence. If the price goes down, the farmer sells his corn at a lower price and zarabotal on his short positions on the futures market.
For forex, a farmer is a central bank and a holder of large foreign exchange contracts, like oil-exporting countries or any other product that is sold for a particular currency. in order not to lose on forex differences, non-comers hedge their exposure to the futures market, so almost always when they go short, the price goes up and when they go long, the price goes down,
i think that the Fundamental analysis is a fundamental analysis and is not very useful for the trader, i like it because i don't want to sit near the monitor all day and i open positions for at least 2-3 weeks, sometimes even less if i am lucky enough to catch a peak or the bottom.

forexman77:

You must be talking about CME futures, but there is also forex. There is a smaller minimum lot on currencies, but there is a risk of non-payment.

With a 100p drawdown and 0.01 lot it's minus $10.

If I had money I would trade whole lots, of course.

i was talking about forex. it's ridiculous to talk about 100$ about CME

even on forex at lote 0.01 a drawdown in 100 points is about 10$ + margin on average 25$ total already 35. and if it is necessary to add this another +35 + each point already cost in 2 rose expensive i.e. already 2 lots pu 0.01 so there remains 30$ and any jump in price will knock out your deals, provided the broker allows margin drawdown to 0$. Some close positions if margin falls to 20% or even to 50%.

wantsome44:
i think that the Fundamental analysis is a fundamental analysis and is not very useful for the average trader, i'm interested in it because i don't want to sit around the monitor all day and i open positions for at least 2-3 weeks, sometimes even less if i am lucky enough to catch a peak or the bottom.

I am talking about swing trading (holding position from days to few months)

You can't get intraday on SOT, I agree with you there.

In America yes, leverage is much less allowed there.

I don't use Martin, I just exit if something goes wrong.

forexman77:

So here we are talking about swing trading (holding a position for days to months)

Intraday on SOT will not work, I agree with you there.

In America yes, leverage is much lower there.

I don't use Martin, I just exit if something goes wrong.

margin = margin not martingale if you think about it.

wantsome44:
margin = margin, not martingale if that's what you're thinking.

To be honest, I am tired of pyramidal losses. There were times, of course, when my deposit of $100+ managed to average and reach 15-20 positions at 0.01 lot.

It happened three times, the last time with 100 averaged and reached 450 quid, but each time I lost money with this tactic in the end.

I also would not try to use SOT, it may be one of the signals, but it is not fundamental. So far I'm thinking about it.

stranger:
So it's not about the indicator. It just visualises numerical information on the chart, the amount of information is small, well, let's say small, and it is updated once a week. Is this indicator so necessary to draw lines in MT? Suggested the option of timingcharts and Excel than they
stranger:
It's not about the indicator. It just visualizes the numeric information on the chart, the amount of information is small, let's say small, and it is updated once a week. Is this indicator so necessary to draw lines in MT? I suggested the option of timecharts and Excel, why are they worse?
timingcharts

timingcharts for example is not loading at the moment

excel is not suitable as it is not very handy to transfer the information, I would like it to take as little time as possible

Commodity Futures & FOREX Charts | Commitments of Traders Database
  • www.timingcharts.com
Free Commodity Futures and Forex Price and Charts, Trading Systems, Commitments of Traders, Net Positions and C.O.T. Index