SOT - page 7

forexman77:

At extremes, you have to go in their direction. But look at the dates when the bottom was drawn, it is you who are shorting the bottom. I mean the positions of the commercial traders.

I calculate as on the picture. Or am I wrong?

You have indicated that commercials were buying - so you should carefully continue to sell on pullbacks. Look at next week's daily chart.

-Aleks-:
You have indicated that commercials were buying - so you have to be careful to continue selling on pullbacks. Look at next week's daily chart.
Have you looked at the prices on these dates as indicated bystranger? It's close to the bottom, but not to the top.

forexman77:
Have you looked at the prices on those dates thatstranger pointed out? So the bottom is close there, but by no means the top.

Date of report 10.03.2015 (from your picture) - it is from last week, after its release there was a continued downward movement (watching GBPUSD pairs - no futures at hand).

-Aleks-:
The report date is 10.03.2015 (from your picture) - it is for last week, after its release the move down was continued (looking at GBPUSD pairs - no futures at hand).

Look at this. On non-commercials you have to go in, against them.

The reports come out with a delay of about a week, i.e. we move the dates a week ahead. And there's a flat bottom)

forexman77:

Look at this. Yes, if you enter right away, you can make 200-300 pips on this move. But, then the bottom. You have to enter on non-commercials, against them.

There is enough movement there - I believe speculators trade short term - a week at most, so this movement fits my theory.

-Aleks-:
There is enough movement there - I believe speculators trade short term - a week at most, so this movement fits into my theory.

Corrected the previous post. Now it is more correct.

In general, it turns out this way: non-commercials, seeing the movement, join it, about their positions open and then reverse the market.

The reports are taken here:

http://www.cftc.gov/marketreports/commitmentsoftraders/historicalcompressed/index.htm

I use"Futures-and-Options Combined Reports".

Historical Compressed - CFTC
  • www.cftc.gov
Disaggregated Futures Only Reports: The complete Disaggregated Commitments of Traders Futures Only reports file from September 2009 is included by year. Disaggregated Futures-and-Options Combined Reports: The complete Disaggregated Commitments of Traders Futures-and-Options Combined reports file from September 2009 is included by year...

-Aleks-:

Date of report 10.03.2015 (from your picture) - it is from last week, after its release there was a continued downward movement (watching GBPUSD pairs - no futures at hand).

The dates there are from 03.03. to 17.03.

forexman77:

Corrected the previous post. Now it is more correct.

The bottom line is that when non-commercials see a move, they join it, their positions open and then reverse the market.

The reports are taken here:

http://www.cftc.gov/marketreports/commitmentsoftraders/historicalcompressed/index.htm

I use"Futures-and-Options Combined Reports".

That's right.

stranger:
The dates are there from 03.03. to 17.03.
There, where is that? The report is weekly and was published on 10.03.2015 for last week - 02.03.2015 to 06.03.2015.

stranger:
That's right.
You're obviously right - if there's someone you can open up to, why not open up? You might as well say the opposite ;)