Calling functions from the dll and returning results - page 3

But an order can only be placed or modified by an expert, so you have to twist it.

I don't want to use MQL, I only need an Expert Advisor to run a dll that handles all the data processing. I.e. the input data will be ticks, account status, open positions, history. The dll itself builds the necessary bars, calculates indicators and implements the strategy. The problem is that I cannot set or modify an order directly from the dll. I would like to change metatrader into a simple datefinder for my client. Previously date feeder was api, that is the whole problem.

It is clear to me. You must be a young, resentful and sneaky dude.
I thought you really can't implement the algorithm in the datalink.
And your goal is to attach the MT client to your goyu as a datafeed and order placements.
Why don't you just say so?
Good luck.

Hmm, why didn't I say so in the first place? I'm not making a secret of it. What's it got to do with being young and cunning and resentful? :) I want to attach it to my goy, which in addition to the goy also implements a strategy and in addition has a tester of history, which methaquotes are as far away from the moon.

Once again, it all boils down to:
1) the metatrader itself is not needed, only its datafeed is needed
2) Metatrader is bad, I have my own tester
3) Give me an api, I will integrate it in my own program to have free datafeeds, users do not even know that they connect to the MetaTrader

We have nothing against it if someone writes his own software, but obviously we are not going to help.

Beautiful :)

The main thing is functional and works, I am now running the strategy on a demo account and in the same time on a tester - 1 in 1. The variation in values is within 5% (because I still randomly generate ticks but within minute bars i.e. open/close/high/low minute real and between them randomly generate ticks in the amount of volume). And after that they suggest me to use a meta-quotes tester - it's not even funny.

They stole the design from the ground up, and now they demand "give me the api" - to go all the way :)))
After which there will be a much greater flow of dirt (why stand on ceremony?) - we've been there.

Did I steal the source code from you? :) Yes, I like your design, in some places I have made improvements, but the core is completely different. I don't know what your programmers have been doing for 6 years, that they still have not been able to give birth to a decent strategy tester - I alone have written both client and tester for 3 months and now I'm already getting ahead of the curve, have new ideas, that there should be added. For example you don't have profit chart - and I do, and you don't have statistics window. Also I'll add normal calendar of events, maybe option levels and I'll improve my client at a faster pace. So the rumours of total technological superiority of metaquotes are greatly exaggerated. Also, there are other providers who provide api and to which I can get hooked up.

I must say I like your client very much, just as a client but not as a platform for automated trading system, I absolutely dislike MQL language features and humpy strategy tester. That's why I took your client and enriched it with a normal tester and some useful features and now I can run the strategies written in a normal programming language and see the results of their work.