Attention, contest! - page 6

We waited a long time for an assignment from an expert. In the end - total disappointment. The task is not interesting both from programming and practical point of view. "The contest is meaningless and only explores the specific capabilities of MT5 to work with transparent bmp. It's been correctly noted on the blog:

AndreiFAN:

Excuse me, will this increase the profitability of the trade? If so, then it makes sense to fiddle around ... ))))

FAQ:
btw you have triDesh buttons, and the job is essentially == generating bmps on the fly and embedding them in resources... resources, that's what it would eat... you might even say eat it up. and this in the era of total simplification and flattening of interfaces even in website development... ))
There's not even much to add.

C-4:

We waited a long time for an assignment from an expert. In the end - total disappointment. The task is not interesting both from programming and practical point of view. "The contest is meaningless and only explores the specific capabilities of MT5 to work with transparent bmp. It was correctly noted in the blog:

I have nothing to add.

About resources, 3D buttons and on-the-fly BMP generation - it's you rushed to insert a quote. Compared to standard library, the complication is the addition of 3 if conditions without loops. What resources are they all talking about?

The contest was not meant (in another thread) to improve profitability of trading. It's a contest for traders, not programmers, to add trading functionality to the task.

In any case - it will be more useful than a 30 pages long chorus on how to correctly compile numbers in a loop.

PS: With all due respect to you - you're doing a very ugly thing - by shaming the initiative of a person, without offering an alternative...

MigVRN:

About resources, 3D buttons and on-the-fly BMP generation - you were too hasty in inserting the quote. Compared to the standard library, the complication is the addition of 3 if conditions without loops. What resources are they all talking about?

The contest was not meant (in another thread) to improve profitability of trading. It's a contest for traders, not programmers, to add trading functionality to the task.

In any case - it will be more useful than a 30 pages long chorus on how to correctly compile numbers in a loop.

PS: With all due respect to you - you're doing a very ugly thing - by shaming the initiative of a person, without offering an alternative...

Look at MSDN. There are 20 programming problems of varying degrees of complexity offered there now. Despite their "humor" character, they can teach you to create algorithms to solve very non-trivial, and most importantly relevant problems. And what do we have here? What do we learn? How to create arbitrarily shaped pictures on a chart? Well, let's draw some kind of puzzle mosaic on a chart. - Who will it be for? What will programmers get out of it? Apart from creating games for MT5 (a very controversial direction), the task has no other practical interest. From the viewpoint of programming it also has no potential. Because its implementation doesn't require knowledge of algorithms and programming, but requires knowledge in a particular technology of fiches within MT5.

C-4:

I told you from the start, it's not going to be about trading. Because everyone has a different view on the implementation of trading.

If you don't like it, do better.

C-4:
 Для кого это будет нужно? Что получат программисты от этого? 

Let's say - the use of round buttons in the programme interface... Don't? Not just round ones either.

C-4:
Have a look at MSDN. There are now 20 programming problems of varying degrees of difficulty. In spite of their "humor" they can teach how to create algorithms to solve very non-trivial, and most importantly relevant problems.

Thanks - I'll have a look! But we mustn't forget that the task must be "short-lived". Who would want to sit for a week for the sake of a contest?

TheXpert:

I told you from the start, it's not going to be about trading. Because everyone has a different view on the implementation of trading.

If you don't like it, make it better.

Well, the task has nothing to do with PROGRAMMING either.

I can suggest a relevant task forC-4 and me. Progress bar.

Files:
ProgressBar.ex5  27 kb

MigVRN:

I can suggest a relevant task forC-4 and me. Progress bar.

Thanks, but I'm not interested in the graphics task. I'll stick to the opinion:

FAQ:

...and this in an era of total simplification and flattening of interfaces even in website building... ))

C-4:
Well, the task has nothing to do with PROGRAMMING either.
It has everything to do with it. This problem can be solved via **** and normally. Efficient and clumsy. Convenient and clumsy.

There is a task of generating charts from a tape of trades. With convenient storage of both volumes. And preferably the tape itself too.

But for such a hundred is not enough and it is more painful and uninteresting.