The agony of choice - page 3

mmmoguschiy:
This is not nonsense but a statement of fact. Some of the available indicators and EAs have stopped working. Some of them I have corrected, some of them I am too lazy to bother with.

A fact is when you have proof.

And you don't have any. Plus you've said a bunch more there.

the_sphinx:
I'm a total zero in programming. Please tell me the best way to do it?

pertinently )

learn C++ http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

you won't even notice the difference between MQL 4 and 5 )

the right path of development in programming: c -> c++ -> any other language won't matter which one. it may take longer than taking the bull by the horns, but trust me, it's worth it.

thejobber:

pertinently )

learn C++ http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

you won't even notice the difference between MQL 4 and 5 )

the correct path of development in programming: c -> c++ -> any other language won't matter which one. it may take longer than taking the bull by the horns, but trust me, it's worth it.

So why start with C++? -- Better start with machine code, it's easier to learn C++.

if you're learning C++, it's hard to understand why so much money is invested in development of problem-oriented languages.

maybe for making programming available to non-programmers?

if a language is developed specifically for non-programmers, why are they trying to sell the idea of learning C++?

abolk:

If a language is being developed specifically for non-programmers, why is the idea of learning C++ constantly being drummed into your ears?

to avoid panic when changing from 4 to 5 and back ), change the name of the method from Delete to ItemDelete. Whoever takes the easy way will create topics like this, whoever takes the right way will understand it )

abolk:

maybe to make programming accessible to non-programmers?

there is a master strategy for that, but a person wants to understand what the master has written, to make edits themselves.... and this is clearly outside the scope of your ideology...

abolk:

If a language is being developed specifically for non-programmers, why is the idea of learning C++ constantly drummed into your ears?

So you can conclude that learning the basics of C++ is something difficult and impossible for average minds... the tutorial I gave is just the beginning.... from scratch... to OOP, for a diligent student 2-3 months of self-study...

thejobber:
So you can conclude that learning the basics of C++ is something difficult for average minds to grasp... the tutorial I gave is just the beginning.... from scratch... to OOP, 2-3 months of self-study for a diligent student...

don't pull far-fetched and contrived conclusions from your recommendations.

Why would a non-programmer trader learn C++?

if he is able to write 100% of Expert Advisors and indicators for himself

-- even without understanding what the char data type is and how it differs from long
-- with no understanding of any minimal categories of object-oriented programming
-- with no understanding of the nature of hundreds of compiler warnings and no attention to them at all
-- and vaguely understanding why a compiler is needed at all

can write 100% of Expert Advisors and indicators of medium complexity for himself -- both in mcl4 and mcl5 -- without using and never delving into object-oriented programming

at the same time having in mind c++ and other programming languages - and not knowing and vaguely understanding what a "programming language" is and what it is good for.

abolk:

don't pull far-fetched and contrived conclusions from your recommendations.

Why would a non-programmer trader learn C++?

if he is able to write 100% of Expert Advisors and indicators for himself

-- even without understanding what the char data type is and how it differs from long
-- with no understanding of any minimal categories of object-oriented programming
-- with no understanding of the nature of, or attention to, hundreds of compiler warnings
-- and vaguely understanding why a compiler is needed at all

can write 100% of Expert Advisors and indicators of medium complexity for himself -- both in mcl4 and mcl5 -- without using and never delving into object-oriented programming

and having in mind c++ and other programming languages -- without knowing and vaguely understanding what a "programming language" is and what it's for

such newly minted programming enthusiasts are hard to kick out of freelancing ))

Andrey, I completely agree with you! But all your reasoning - from the height of your knowledge, for you the cycle and variable is as commonplace as 2*2=4, and for a person with 0 level of programming knowledge to understand such simple things you need several hours of explanations... You are a practitioner (technician), not a teacher)

Renat:

A fact when there is proof.

And you don't have any. Plus you've said a lot of other things in there.

Well, here you go:

A long time ago, back in the days of the old builds... I had the pleasure of seeing such a hilarious picture on my monitor:

Gartley 1

Whether long or short - the developers decided to release a new "improved" build. And the developers forgot about backwards compatibility of old software versions. And here's the problem - they stopped drawing funny pictures on my monitor... Everything started to look much sadder:

Gartley 2

It's like they say, the goat's horns are gone...