The agony of choice - page 7

TheXpert:
What's there to think about, MQL5 is worth studying if only for the sake of doing exactly what you want.
You are absolutely right! Why drive a Kopeika when you can drive a Bentley? ))

AlexeyVik:

I have one. I get it every month. And I earn by programming and by trading too.

I had no doubt about the first and the second. But judging by the fact that you earn by trading and are so angry at it creeps the thought that the third point you do not work too good, so you get mad at people for nothing - the money is enough only for personal needs - hence the uncertainty, tension and mood swings :-D

mmmoguschiy:
Absolutely right! Why drive a Kopeika when you can drive a Bentley? ))
the boys wouldn't understand.)

mmmoguschiy:
Well, I didn't doubt the first and the second. But the fact that you earn money trading and are so angry at it makes me think that the third point does not work too good for you, so you get mad at people for nothing - enough money for personal needs only - hence the uncertainty, tension and severe mood swings :-D
You're almost right. I don't have enough for a Bentley demo. And how many demo cars have you bought so far? And list the brands, let me at least be jealous...

sanyooooook:
the boys won't understand ))
Dedicated to all the real guys - why drive a kopeck when you can drive a Helic? :-D

AlexeyVik:
You're almost right. I don't have enough for a Bentley demo. How many demo cars have you bought so far? And list the brands, let me at least be jealous...
Chill out!!! ;)

Good night, everyone, and make the right choice.

Renat:

For information, that might help to make a choice:

• The development of MT4 has stopped, the platform is 10 years old, it is obsolete, although it is holding up well due to the cosmetic upgrade we made a year ago
  • In MT4 we will upgrade a little bit the integration with MQL5 services, but there will be no new functions
  • MQL4 language is frozen, as well as its compiler
  • MQL5 is developing both in terms of functionality and compiler. We will soon release a new version of the optimizing compiler, which generates 2-4 times faster code. This code will work only with 64-bit versions of the terminal, if SSE4.2 is available.
  • MT5 has already become the HFT platform, and it allows you to make up to 300-500 trading transactions per second from one terminal under normal conditions. In our tests we achieve up to 1 800 trades per second from one terminal with minimal network latency in asynchronous mode. Especially our virtual terminal hosting service helps with this. On MT4 it will not happen - it has an old architecture and there are no asynchronous operations.
  • MT5 is a multi-market platform and allows trading on stock markets. For example, you can easily trade on MOEX.
  • Technologically, MT5 is a head start over MT4.
"MT5 is already an HFT platform and allows up to 300-500 trading transactions per second from a single terminal under normal conditions."
Please list the HFTs in the studio, I'll check.

HFT is actually funny ))

An HFT terminal is nonsense by definition.

TheXpert:

HFT is actually funny ))

An HFT terminal is nonsense by definition.

It depends on what you mean by HFT. ))

If one understands nanosecond operations then yes - the terminal is too much unnecessary including drawing graphics to be called HFT. HFT is FPGA at low level ))

TheXpert:

HFT is actually funny ))

HFT terminal is nonsense by definition.

It hasn't been funny for a long time. 100-200-300 transactions per second you can easily (or more - it depends on your network) conduct in MetaTrader 5, and with very low network latency.

We've provided the retail market with the high-speed terminal with the automation, which is much more convenient than the usual robot solutions, produced by programmers who are sure of their exclusivity. Look at the mind-boggling crutches still being built on the Russian stock market, driven by the myth that a mass market terminal cannot be faster than them.

It was the same 10-15 years ago in forex - they were building mega crutches with adapters and cheesy logic. Then MetaTrader replaced all that.