Market prediction based on macroeconomic indicators - page 17

Дмитрий:

Although, on the other hand, their gas is imported and they buy it with dollars, and the devaluation of the yuan makes gas more expensive in yuan......

It does not dance around here - they will sell less expensive gas, though!

The yuan is pegged to the dollar. A stronger dollar will automatically make the yuan more expensive and therefore lose the competitive edge of the export-oriented economy. Expectations of an interest rate hike in the US and as a result an even stronger dollar (and RMB pegged to it) led Yuan people to be pessimistic. Moreover, the collapsing bubble in the Chinese stock market and slowing economy growth did not add to the optimism. Formally the devaluation of the renminbi is a preventive measure against a rate hike in the USA, but informally it is much more cunning...

And gas and oil are not the mainstay of China's energy mix; the mainstay is coal, which is China's own coal.

sibirqk:

The yuan is pegged to the dollar. A stronger dollar automatically leads to an appreciation of the renminbi and hence a loss of competitive advantage for the export-oriented economy. Expectations of an interest rate hike in the US and consequently an even greater appreciation of the dollar (and the yuan pegged to it) made Yuanians pessimistic. Furthermore, the collapsing bubble in the Chinese stock market and slowing economy growth did not add to the optimism. Technically, renminbi devaluation is a preventive measure against a rate hike in the U.S., but informally it is much more cunning...

And gas and oil are not the mainstay of China's energy mix; the mainstay is coal, which is China's own coal.

The main market for Chinese goods is the U.S. If the U.S. dollar strengthens and the yuan is pegged to the dollar, the loss of competitive advantage is only in a sick imagination.

Дмитрий:
The main market for Chinese goods is the US. If the US dollar strengthens and the yuan is pegged to the dollar, the loss of competitive advantage is only in the sick imagination.
China's main market is the entire world, with the US at most a third of their structure. Also, if you can not grasp the meaning of the message at a cursory reading - read it by the letters. I wrote that the fear of a stronger dollar is only a FORMAL reason.

sibirqk:
The main market for China is the entire world, the U.S. in their structure is only a third. Also, if you can not grasp the meaning of the message at a cursory reading - read spell it out. I wrote that the fear of a stronger dollar is only a FORMAL reason.

not the main market for China what is it?

Sorry, I won't spell it out - there's a hint of some kind of universal conspiracy, and I'm still reeling from the reptiloids....

P.S. About "barely a third" - quite frankly amused! Who takes more?

Дмитрий:

P.S. The part about "barely a third" is frankly a delight! Who takes more?

EU+Japan+India+Africa+Arabs+Latin America+Canada+Australia, plus Russia.

sibirqk:
EU+Japan+India+Africa+Arabs+Latin America+Canada+Australia, plus our Russia.

So, no country is more important in China's export structure than the U.S.? Well done, there's progress!

Now we are moving on - India, Africa, Latin America, Russia are buying Chinese goods with U.S. dollars. So the"loss of competitive advantage is only in the sick imagination" of some immature minds.

Дмитрий:

So, no country is more important in China's export structure than the U.S.? Well done, there's progress!

Now we are moving on - India, Africa, Latin America, Russia are buying Chinese goods with U.S. dollars. So the"loss of competitive advantage is only in the sick imagination" of some immature minds.

You should try to spell it out though, a cursory reading obviously escapes you. I wrote that the U.S. accounts for one-third of China's exports, hence the rest of the world for two-thirds. Try re-reading it three times to get a better understanding. Get it? Thank goodness!

Now we go on - the dollar is of course used as an intermediary in trade, but in the end the product must still be sold to consumers in the national market for the national currency. As a consequence, an appreciation of the dollar (yuan) automatically leads to an appreciation of goods in the national currency, e.g. roubles.

sibirqk:

You should try to spell it out though, a cursory reading clearly eludes you. I wrote that the US accounts for one-third of China's exports, hence the rest of the world for two-thirds. Try re-reading it three times to get a better understanding. Get it? Thank goodness!

Now we go on - the dollar is of course used as an intermediary in trade, but in the end the product must still be sold to consumers in the national market for the national currency. As a consequence, an appreciation of the dollar (yuan) automatically leads to an appreciation of goods in the national currency, e.g. roubles.

I understand that it's difficult for you, but do your best! I'll say it again, and you read it again:

"So, no country in China's export structure is bigger than the US? Good for you, there's progress!" (с). That is, it is not a question of there being the U.S. and there being "the rest of the world". Now read my thought from the beginning - "The main market for Chinese goods is the US" (c). And now think again.

I'd stop there, but I see you're a hard case, so we'll spell it out:

So, China is an export-oriented country. THE US IS THE BIGGEST BUYER OF CHINESE GOODS IN THE WORLD. I mean, there is NO COUNTRY in the world that buys MORE.

What you were sputtering about here - I don't know, but your pearl about"The main market for China is the whole world" was amusing once again.

Дмитрий:

I understand that it's difficult for you, but do your best! I'll say it again, and you read it again:

"So, no country in China's export structure is bigger than the US? Good for you, there's progress!" (с). That is, it is not a question of there being the U.S. and there being "the rest of the world". Now read my thought from the beginning - "The main market for Chinese goods is the US" (c). And now think again.

I'd stop there, but I see you're a hard case, so we'll spell it out:

So, China is an export-oriented country. THE US IS THE BIGGEST BUYER OF CHINESE GOODS IN THE WORLD. I mean, there is NO COUNTRY in the world that buys MORE.

I don't know what you were sputtering about here, but your quip that"China's main market is the rest of the world" is once again a delight.

It's fun to educate you, but it's too thankless. Learn on your own.

sibirqk:
It's fun to educate you, but it's too thankless. Learn for yourself.
The word "of course" should be underlined with commas - the "educator" should know that....