Emotions when trading - page 27

When you open a demo account, make a deposit that you can realistically send there if you have the money. Neither more nor less. You need an environment as close to a real one as possible. Do not open several demo accounts. It will dissipate your attention. Open just one single one. And treat it as if it were your real account...

I open an account with a big deposit so I don't have to reopen it too many times, with the demo it is important to understand the market trend, with the small deposit I was making more than 100% in a couple of days, but this vertical race is also 100% exhausting :-))

Globtroter:
This is the time when psychology comes into play, which as you know, most people are not good at... Those who have opened seals at low unprofitable levels will be shaking their leg and biting their nails, not knowing what to do - to fix the losses or to let the capital melt away completely. Many have open positions in large volumes. The same fate awaits them. They will pray that the market will return to breakeven even for a moment, and they will wait for this, sitting with a ready "Close order" button if they are lucky ... Some have decided to go against the trend and started buying back the pullback. If they don't come to their senses in time - all their hard-earned profits may melt away in the blink of an eye.
Then, later, when the correction is over, leaving a lot of false positives in both directions (because the statistics and officials statements are both good and bad on both sides of the Atlantic), and the Market will continue moving down, they will have empty accounts. They will sit back and see how they were right in their forecast, but they rushed and screwed everything up. And the trend will continue without them...
Next, the next paycheck (or whatever), the next deposit. And here comes the moment of truth - what does he want to earn, or to have a ride, where adrenaline is injected into the blood in large doses...? Adrenaline prevents us from making money. Adrenaline is the fate of those who lose money. It is the fate of those who came to gamble, not to trade...
But those, who have long ago ceased to feel these pernicious injections of adrenalin in blood, have inside a bunker, where all emotions are sent. The doors of the bunker are hermetically sealed. There is no trace or smell of emotions ... This allows you to calmly and coldly execute all points of the trading plan, which was "approved" at the weekend, when the trading was closed ... These are the traders, of whom there are not many. Those who in moments of defeat and failure, whether in trading or in real life, always stand up after a fall, lick wounds, draw conclusions from mistakes, and go back to the battle. Any loss is briefly mourned. They make a piece of armour out of any failure and put it on their chain mail. On their battle waistcoat. Any defeat will make them stronger if they draw the right conclusions...
I couldn't agree with you more.

chipo:
Yes, the main thing is that everything works out on the demo, but lately only the tester has abandoned the demo, and only on real quotes - even though they say it's useless...
Still have not found the difference between demo and real?

Alexey:
Have you found any difference between demo and real yet?
As for the real, I don't see any difference between them, they may be large in 1.5-2 times - then there are requotes or close stops, these mistakes make me crazy, where they come from and there is no information about them and they are not taken into account in codes or I don't have any articles about them, besides, spread increase + slippages - in short, everything is against us poor people, they lure us and then slap us with all their might!!!!!!! I know those who flatly refused this gamble - I am holding out for now, it's too addictive by its unpredictability and the desire to cheat fortune

chipo:
The difference is big in 1.5-2 times - then there are requotes, then close stops, these errors make me crazy, and where do they come from, then they are there, then they are not and there is no information about them, and they probably are not considered in codes, or I have not come across articles about them, and even spread increase + slippages - in short, everything is against us poor people, they lure us and then hit us with all the articles!!!!!!!
If you trade on the trend, slippages and requotes will be noises for you. )) The absence of slippages is categorical only for the scalpers and the like, who cares every hundredth of a pip.

Make sure you estimate your deposit adequately!!! As Globtroter rightly pointed out, you need to calculate the amount of possible pullback in advance.

mmmoguschiy:
Trade in the trend and slippages and requotes will be noise to you. )) The absence of slippage is categorical only for the scalpers and the like, who cares every hundredth of a pip.

Do judge your deposit size adequately!!! As Globtroter rightly pointed out, you need to calculate the possible pullback beforehand.
I do consider the pullback, but when I see a familiar pattern I cannot resist and start blowing everything.)

chipo:
The difference is big in 1.5 - 2 times - then some requotes, then close stops, these errors lead me out, and where they come from, then they are there, then they are not and about them there is no information, and they probably are not considered in the codes, or I have not come across articles about them

There is one difference! It is the main difference that many people see but do not take it into account. But it is this difference that allows us to trade successfully on the demo account and to lose money on the real account. If you can catch this difference, it will be your first step.

chipo:
I know people who have given up on this game of chance - I am holding out for now, it is too exciting with its unpredictability and the desire to cheat fortune
Those who give up in the face of difficulties, in the face of adversity - they just do not belong on the Exchange. Self-preservation instinct kicks in. Or maybe the wife does not allow it :-)) ...
You may not know how to play guitar, but still be a good person.
It's the most powerful weapon in the world and it hits the bull's-eye. You just have to learn how to wield it.
Your efforts are rewarded with the highest award of Freedom and Independence.

Globtroter:
Those who give up in the face of difficulties, in the face of difficulties - they simply do not belong on the Exchange. Their self-preservation instinct kicks in. Or the wife won't let them :-)) ...
You may not know how to play guitar, but still be a good person.
It's the most powerful weapon in the world and it hits the bull's-eye. You just have to learn how to use it.
The reward for your efforts is Freedom and Independence.
I am trading in secret for a demo account at 1,000 roubles or 100 dolars as you said and it is close to reality.
I do not know how long I can keep it up.