Secrets of your broker - page 22

Globtroter:
I don't doubt it.
Surely their accounts are being monitored.
And taking subscriptions.
And they're telling us what they're making money on.
Otherwise we'd be seeing comments from different brokers on the web.
And they don't.
So they can only read our posts.
Follow us.
Analyse us.
Take steps to sharpen their work based on what they learn from us.
Surely they have stats data on public opinion.
A kind of marketers.
They read us and understand the direction of our thoughts.
They study our tricks and manners in bidding.
No matter how you look at it, they are after us.
Come on, why would they go after you like you're raking in millions? They just know you're there and you leave them your money and that's enough for them. :)

dimeon:

Don't get your hopes up. Nobody is after your stoplosses. Quotes are the same for all market participants, at least at the same office. For example, you put a stop-loss at some price and someone put a take-profit for the opposite order at the same price. But your volume is 0.1 lots and TP for an order of 1 lot. What sense would it make for a broker to go after your stop?

The truth is I had a case. I increased 100 dollars to 7000 in a month or so. I ordered the money for withdrawal. I waited for a week. They do not withdraw and do not say anything. I would not withdraw. But the market was just for me, so I invested 10 lots at night on eurofunt. I entered the market with 10 lots in the night of the euro pound. They flooded the market with 4 digits and they dumped my deposit. My broker did not have such a jump. The brokerage firm is a small enough kitchen. I did not see any other broker who would do that. All my claims were left unanswered. It was in 2007. Now normal brokers are overlapped with prime brokers. In their brokerage firms the glass is real and the volume with 0.1 lot is incomparably bigger.

In general, stoploss is applied when the situation does not develop as you expected or when some important price level is supported. A large option for example. Usually, a stop-loss is placed at a few points behind the local extremum. That's what the smart books recommend.

And self-confidence let you down, you gambling man. Look at the cartoon "Three heroes, a turn for the kanem", it's all about gambling. :) There's an analogy between that cartoon and the last five posts.

Alexey:
Come on, the point of them going after you like you're raking in millions. They just know you're there and you leave them your money and that's enough for them. :)
The fact remains that if you stop, you say goodbye to the position.

Globtroter:
The fact remains that if you put a stop, you say goodbye to the position.
Yes, you put a stop to close a position. It's also very handy for jamming lots.

Alexey:
Well, yes, you put it there for what, to close a position. It's also very convenient to jam lots.
Theoretically, not to close it, but to protect it. And it (position) falls out of the market by some magic way. Betting far away is unprofitable. Close - dangerous.
So it is better not to put it at all. Or if there is a floating increment of profit - it is better to put it to the break-even position.

Globtroter:
Theoretically, not to close, but to protect. And it (the position) flies out of the Market in some magical way. It's not profitable to put it far away. Close - it's dangerous.
So it is better not to put it at all. Or if there is floating profit growth - it's better to place it to Breakeven.
And if the lossless position is already there, it is better to wait until the swap rolls over, to flop the pair, while it is in the lossless position.

Globtroter:
This is correct. If you protect the existing floating profit margin with Stop-Loss to limit losses, it will look red (as shown in the screenshot) when triggered, in the transaction history. This stop loss was in the breakeven zone. The trader used it to protect the profit. Whenever a stop loss is triggered, it is always displayed in red. And it is not necessarily a loss.
I do not protect floating profits even with such stop-losses (it happens rarely but at a great distance). Because if a change in the main trend is not expected, I use a pullback (correction) to increase the volume by opening a new position(s).
If such a stop loss is set to protect existing profits, as if by chance, the price goes to it like a magnet. It cuts it off. And then continues to move further as if nothing had happened. So I either have a long distance, where it is impossible to hunt it. Or without one at all.
To be honest, this is the first time I've heard of such miracles - setting a stop loss on a profitable position. To me, this is nonsense!
When you go in profit, you close. If you see that it is going against you, close it. Setting a stop loss at the same time - that makes sense? As I've already said, you cannot close at the right level with the news. The rest you can do with your own hands.

mmmoguschiy:
Honestly, this is the first time I've heard of such miracles - putting a stop loss on a profitable position. That's just nonsense to me!!!

Well it's when you protect a profitable floating outgrowth. If the price keeps going in the right direction - the position is held (allowed to grow profits), but protected with a stop loss (trailing stop). Why close the position if the trend continues?

Alexey:
And if there is no loss, waiting for the swap to accumulate, it is better to slip a pair, while it is in a lossless position.
This is a matter of how one trades, who sets goals, who has what broker line conditions (commission or swap), and in general - who wants what.
To each his own.

As many people as there are methods of trading :)