Hedging Martingale. - page 6

artemiusgreat:

don't take it literally, by "don't spread it" I mean that everyone has to find their own strategy and must strain their buns to do so

1. if you have been helped to understand a certain issue, after that you may help someone else, for example, to observe the balance of good and evil in nature :)

2. if you see that a man is working on a problem for a long time, but does not notice some detail, then why not help him, because he really tries, makes public some developments, scripts, in principle, so did Alexander and Crenfix, though I liked the manner of Alexander's presentation more, it's a pity that now you can not catch him, you could shake out a lot of good ideas

3. I reacted to this particular forum thread because :

- You said that you're new, but just a couple of posts, gave quite a good idea that I could only snatch up from other people's posts, while considering different options over the past 2 years, just wondered how quickly you grasp

- This forum, or any other, is full of skeptics who when presented with an alternative point of view immediately try to flay and convince you of its wrongness, I decided to insert myself so that another adequate topic is not mixed with ... As a result i came back to it a year and a half later, and by the way i also say that lossy is NOT a grail, lossy is just a good tool, an assistant, everyone in this thread for some reason got excited and started to claim a profit from a lock, although i dont remember that in this thread linked lossy exactly with profit or graality :)

i.e. transcendreamer - generates sensible ideas in several forums at once, shares his code, in particular, an interesting indicator for generating a portfolio with preset stationarity, trend - flat, there are some flaws, but for those who are into portfolios, it definitely gives food for thought ... i.e. with such a person, as for me, it is quite possible to discuss new ideas, without giving out all at once, but for example, you can discuss MM or entry points separately ... But unfortunately he categorically cries out that he wants nothing to do with lots. Ok, we won't try to force anyone to join Lok sect, who wants to start asking questions and then, depending on their activity, we may decide what dose of information to give to a concrete requester :)

Maybe someday transcendreamerom will be more productive in discussing portfolio issues, but right now the topic is about one currency, maximum about three, so let's just discard all the bad stuff they say about locks and slowly improve the system :)

thanks, it's always nice to read good things about yourself))))

as for the locks, i was really being categorical,they are not that bad in themselves, it's convenient when the platform allows you to hold a second opposing position without closing one, but obviously a profit is formed only when the overlapped positions are opened at different moments, that is - at better moments to close - for example if the positions have different timing - or if you can close one position with some profit and the second with a minimum loss - butthat way the "guessing" of a good entry is replaced by "guessing

By the way, locking in MT4 is very important for portfolio trading, since sometimes two different portfolios may contain differently directed positions for the same instrument, i.e. for MT5 it is necessary to play with orders and do a viral accounting between two or more portfolios

transcendreamer:

By the way, locking in MT4 is very important for portfolio trading, as sometimes two different portfolios may contain differently directed positions for the same instrument, i.e. for MT5 we have to fiddle with orders and make a viral accounting between two or more portfolios

About portfolios.

If you trade a portfolio against a portfolio, clusters, indices, they shouldn't have the same instruments, because we need to form 2 portfolios - one for BUY, the other for SELL, if both portfolios contain the same currency, it will direct both portfolios in the same direction, the result will be a neutral position of two synthetics that will hang around zero and will never converge - we don't need that, parallel lines do not cross each other :)

In fact, for portfolios it's better to revive another topic - https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/16512.

and there's one very interesting user there - anonymous - who might shed some light on some points in portfolios, but he's breaking down so far and won't admit where the dog is buried :)

About clusters

You should read it - http://forex.kbpauk.ru/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/325281/page/0/vc/1 - and then run Recycle and look at the coefficients, instead of recycle, you can run the indicator, which is in the above link, it should explain how the cluster is formed

About locks

I will send you a couple of links later if I have time and find it. It will show more clearly, that you should not try to take profit from a lock, it is created for another purpose.

Проверка на коинтеграцию нескольких пар, больше 2х
Проверка на коинтеграцию нескольких пар, больше 2х
  • www.mql5.com
чтобы при открытии позиций по этому портфелю суммарный (профит - спред) болтался в области 0? - - Категория: общее обсуждение

There are cases when you buy two portfolios and one sells Eurodollar and the other buys it.

And if two portfolios neutralise each other completely, then of course, why do we need them?

a cluster - is it a group of instruments that give the minimum variance in the sum? or am i missing something?

transcendreamer:

there is no such thing, answered in another thread, variance is only one possible way of grouping currencies into a group (cluster)

artemiusgreat:

About loki

If I have time and find it, later I will send you a couple of links which will more clearly show that it is not necessary to try to make a profit from a lock, it is created for another purpose.

Lots of good thoughts.

I'd like to see about loki....

You can get it out of them, but it's troublesome and not very profitable and there is a lot of work to be done.

Sometimes they come out as if unintentionally - at trend reversals... There they seem to look good ...

trading with lots is the same as trading by guessing fluctuations, only more complicated in terms of execution)))

I can quote any number of cases of partially overlapping portfolios (went to look in another topic)

lock is the same as a stop loss but without a balance transfer

"breaking" the lock = wagering the stop loss by reopening from a new level

Martin and the lokas aren't the same anymore)) On the 4th forum I remember what battles broke out between the opponents))). But here only 6 pages, and those without insults)). It is unclear whether the moderation has grown, or people have become calmer.

223231:
I think I need a reliable indicator for reversals - that's something I should think about.) On the 4th forum I remember what battles broke out between opponents))). But here only 6 pages, and those without insults))). It is unclear if the moderation has improved or if people have become calmer.

It's not just the word "lok" being used, but also ... Oh, my God... martingale, the conservatives are shocked :)

What is your opinion about losing lots?

I know how to reduce drawdowns, Edutak has shown me how to increase my profit with them, maybe they have some other hidden features, but I do not know :)

Edutak, Sniper, of course, is not a bad TS, but it's not really what I had in mind, I suggested using lots in a slightly different way, as for the sniper, it has pros and cons.

Pros :

• allows you to set the profit/risk ratio in a very attractive way, but only under certain circumstances, on the downsides I will explain
  • it is true that there is a risk only with the first entry
  • after watching the video, I finally understood what Alexander (NeColla) was talking about, that on a trade you can have a 1/31 profit ratio, once again I will direct you to the Alpari thread "Grail found"

Cons :

• although there is risk only in the first trade, but it is there, so you need a VERY good indicator for the signal, NOT any
  • to increase the profit, you need 2 conditions, the pair has to be in the channel sometimes, but it has to run up and down very fast, so the choice of trades is limited, for example GBPJPY
  • it would be hard to formalize conditions for lots, because it is necessary to know exactly where the price will change (the second and third entries on the video), I don't know if there are such indicators
  • with MT5 locks can be implemented only on RoboFX (I think) and only on the MT5 PRO account, I don't know if it is NDD or not, because there is an MT5 ECN account, that has no locking pairs, but you can only open 3 positions with one symbol, in fact, in the video there are three open positions, so you can bypass this point
  • If I have time and inspiration, I may even help you with calculation of levels for scaling in, but still need a reliable indicator for reversals.

If you start writing a robot, try the usual averaging first :

- opens on indicator signal, no stops or takeovers

- At a signal or at certain levels the entry will be added to the initial position

Robot, of course, will have good profit, but SLIVE, just take it as a template for future EA, to which any indicator and strategy can be attached, including sniper.

And some useful phrases from Alexander :)

http://forexsystems.ru/ruchnye-torgovye-strategii-i-taktiki/68109-nauchite-razvodit%60-loki.html

http://ruforum.mt5.com/threads/844-arhiv-lokirovanie-lok-za-i-protiv?p=6101855

Wanted to find another useful post, but there are about 300 pages, too lazy to look ... I gave you a link earlier on FS "Steam Trading Discussion".

So the topic was to argue? ))))

Both can produce profits, what can I say.

On loki - maximum 300% a year, can't get more, no way.

Martin may give you a bit more on occasion. A combination of trend and reversal is desirable.