FOREX - Trends, forecasts and implications - page 329

gnawingmarket:
I look at the daily chart (I cannot find it on the 4h) ........... nothing special - a sharp drop, but not against the rules, with reversal bars..... in 2011 at 400-500pp for a few days. I don't understand how they lost money, on the contrary, they had good moves for trading, not like now. Probably at that time Strange did not teach the society to trade.

He taught me the same way as now, but there are no traders ((( (all went down), and in 2010 he was locking - it was funny - when the whole branch was going into lots on his advice)))).

(sheep were sheep and still are - they need a shepherd).

_new-rena:

a very simple way out of the situation.

We trade the trend, and in the case of a reversal, we trade the trend again. We skip the GEPs (at the weekend) and don't trade during this period, i.e. we don't keep any open orders.

To make this strategy profitable, we should not open with 50% of the deposit (cumulative margin of all pairs, i.e. 3-5% max).

This may be so. I did not plummet much, I don't know. But the problem is that I'm all available quotes in the terminal did not see unexpected GEPs, which could drain 50% of the margin with a leverage of 1:100 even without a stop in a pair of overbought / oversold..........Spekul here wonders of trading laid out....... I watched-how to earn it for a week at 1:100, I do not understand, not worthy of such knowledge and skills........a here, if the leverage 1:500-then I understand, but the deposit is guaranteed, in the case of a GEP.

gnawingmarket:
Maybe so. I haven't lost any big ones, I don't know. But the problem is that in all quotes available in the terminal I did not see any unexpected GEPs that would drain 50% of margin with 1:100 leverage even without a stop in the overbought/oversold pair..........Spekul here laid out the wonders of trading....... I've watched-how to earn it in a week at 1:100, I do not understand, I do not deserve such knowledge and skills........ but if the leverage is 1:500-then I understand, but the loss of the deposit is guaranteed, in case of a GAP.

It all depends on how much money is in the deposit and how bad the loss of the entire deposit will be. this is actually why Spekul took the risk he did. note that he missed the trade at the predictable moments of increased volatility. Gaps do not occur in the middle of the week. Spekul closed back on Thursday.

I personally when I first got into FOREX, I made 800 out of 100 quid in 3 hours. The risk was 100%.

Ishim:

The same way he taught as now, only the people do not ((( (went away), and in 2010, he even lokoval - it was funny - when the whole branch climbed into the locks on his advice )))).

(Sheep were sheep and remained - need a shepherd).

the loki is pampering. anyway, Strange isn't going back to it.

_new-rena:
It all depends on how much money is in the deposit and how bad the loss of the entire deposit will be. this is actually the risk that Speckul applied. note thathe missed the trade at predictable moments ofincreased volatility.
That's right - until the market throws me out at super GEP, I'll have enough time to cover my losses......a (I've already written), that I personally would never put more than 1000 Gs into the ether. Stops do not work - the market is not run by fools......... you put a long stop and feel that you are cutting yourself, short stops are used to catch a medium-term trend...... who has caught it, probably knows.

_new-rena:
locks are just pampering.
And stops regulate the working TS - there is no TS - stops without TS are nothing at all (( (well, you put a stop, then you don't put a stop - what's the point? The inputs are from the light...)

gnawingmarket:
Exactly so - until the market throws me out at super GEP, I will have time to cover the loss many times......a (I already wrote), that I personally will never put more than 1000 greenbacks into the ether anywhere. I can't do it with stops - the market is notrun by fools .......... When you put a long stop and feel that you are cutting yourself, with a short stop you catch a medium-term trend...... - who has caught it, surely knows.
of course

Ishim:
Stops regulate working TS - there is no TS - stops without TS are nothing (( (well, he put a stop, then he didn't put a stop - what's the point? Inputs are from the street...)

Strange's strategy is based on support and resistance levels. These are the two horizontals. His stops are either above or below these levels. It seems fine, but it is not clear which of the 2 levels will be broken and which will not, because he does not consider the trend in his strategy and is skeptical about this notion. But if he did, he would understand that a level that is trending will most probably be broken and a stop there is a failure in advance and must be at least a take.

Stops are used only because he trades with hands.

_new-rena:
Strain is not going to return to them.

Yes, I was looking for the same thing until 2011 - then I understood that there is no such thing and it is useless to look for it, we need to construct it - from different usefulness (good finds are exhaustion absorption - this is from the category of mm), and the most important is the current state of the market, the working patterns now (like channels now - then maybe bowls, flags, etc.)) - then there is a transition to new patterns (possibly well forgotten old patterns) and the actual new condition. What is the weak point? - the transition is clear - just the stops will be an indicator of the transition.

If you want to change the model (i.e. to switch to a new one), do not use bounces - bounces will be an indicator of switching to a new model.

Ishim:

Yes, I was looking for the same thing until 2011 - then I understood that there is no such thing and it is useless to look for it, we need to construct it - from different usefulness (good finds are exhaustion absorption - this is from the category of mm), and the most important is the current state of the market working patterns now (like channels now - then maybe bowls, flags, etc.)) - then there is a transition to new patterns (possibly well forgotten old patterns) and the actual new state. What is the weak point? - clearly the transition - just stops will be an indicator of the transition.

(it's not the triggering - i don't need it - but the drawdown growing from entry to stop - and somewhere in the last trade before the series of stops - it's necessary to switch to a new pattern)

i also noticed it when i started using owl, then i removed them. they are visible targets and some explanation of price behavior

along the takeaway the price has been crawling for hours...