Quoting statements, ideas and thoughts from famous people about trading, investing and success - page 2

On Wall Street, there's a man who works for Goldman Sachs, one of the largest and most respected investment banks in the world, who runs a Twitter account where he collects quotes overheard in the lifts of Wall Street offices. Although they are at times arrogant and ridiculous, they reveal the truth of life.

So here are 60 of the most apt sayings of the people who own almost all the money in the world:

1. Teach a man to fish and he will vote again for whoever promises to give him that fish.

2. If I get sacked it will be a good test of my wife's loyalty, and if I get promoted it will be a test of me.

3. If you have a good metabolism, a head full of hair and a good job, don't marry young, Wait 10 years and make your choice.

4. Statistically, you don't have to worry about what your first wife's mum looks like.

5. I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

6. I start every phone conversation by saying, "My phone is almost dead and might hang up, so let's make it quick."

7. My neighbour's grass is greener because it's fertilized with shit.

8. Music was better in the days when they allowed ugly people to sing.

9. The new sign of awesomeness is meeting friends and never once looking at your phone.

10. The fact that there are ugly prostitutes shows exhaustively the essence of men and the free market.

11. Most celebrities don't even have a university degree - so why the hell consult them on any serious issue at all?

12. Only a Neanderthal would stoop to physical violence. I prefer to humiliate morally, break the spirit and take away hope.

13. One of my favourite things is when someone posts their selfies and no one likes it.

14. When I hear "Got a minute?" - I know I'm about to lose half an hour that I can never get back.

15. Listening to my conversation partner is half of waiting for my turn to speak and half of reminding myself to change my facial expression every 10 seconds.

16. Be yourself - great advice for about 5% of people.

17. tattoos are not my thing - I don't hang bumper stickers on my Lamborghini.

18. You'll soon learn that silence is the best way to fuck off.

19. When you tell your stories, I just wonder how much shorter they could have been.

20. When someone says to me "We should get together sometime", I say "Sure, I'll call you". It's a lie in response to a lie.

21. poor people eat so much fast food that their time seems to cost insane amounts of money.

22. I just want to be rich enough not to be fixated on money.

23. 98% of people commenting online about Mandela's death won't be able to answer the simplest questions about his life.

24. A friend asked me what I would do if I had 10 million quid. I told her, 'I'll ask her where all my other dough is.

25. I don't need an iPhone case - am I irresponsible or a pauper?

26. Before people can give their opinion on Syria, they must first show it on a map.

27. What a shame that stupidity doesn't hurt its bearer.

28. Flowers and apologies are times easier than changing something about yourself.

29. Climbing to the top of the food chain, it's not like we were vegetarians.

30. Most people would even play a supporting role in a movie about their life.

31. - You're not on social media? How will your classmates find you? - Have them type my name into Google.

32. If you can be good at one thing, be good at lying. Then you'll be good at everything.

33. It's time the kids learned a lesson - Santa loves rich kids more.

34. "He's not a bad guy if you get to know him." - that's a great definition of a dick.

35. What do I have to get married for - I mean, consider betting half your fortune that you'll love her forever.

36. If making an opinion about a person by first impression was an Olympic sport, I'd be suspected of doping.

37. No girl is really as happy as she seems on Facebook, as sexy as she seems on Instagram and as witty as she seems on Twitter.

38. As a society, we're as smart as ever, it's just that technology has given a voice to the unintelligent masses.

39. There was a time when undesirables were exiled to islands. Now you have to buy an island to be away from them.

40. Haircuts are a good economic indicator. In bad times people get their hair cut once every 8 weeks, in good times once every 6 weeks. I go every 3 weeks.

41. We need to make the "Reply all" function in the mail work.

42. The most successful and most unsuccessful people have one thing in common - they think they're never wrong.

43. When asked how I'm doing, I usually lie that I'm doing well, even though I'm actually times better.

44. Obesity and hunger are society's 2 biggest problems. It explains human nature.

45. Darwin didn't take into account the world's arrangement in which smart people have fewer children than dumb people.

46. I'd watch a TV show like this where teenagers describe their most favourite Instagrams to WW2 veterans.

47. The fact that most people are too stupid to know how stupid they are is the foundation that holds our society together.

48. All cats are libertarians: totally dependent on others, yet convinced of their independence.

49. Work hard, eat right, exercise physically, don't drink too much and only buy what you can afford. It's not nuclear physics.

50. Talent is the only thing standing between most people and their dreams.

51. Checking your phone after someone nearby has got theirs is the yawning of our generation.

52. "Do what you love" is great advice for earning $1,000 a month.

53. It doesn't matter if you're a lion or a gazelle. In both cases you just need to be faster than the slowest gazelle.

54. If her first phone was an iPhone - she's too young for you!

55. Some people conclude that I'm shy, quiet or boring without realising that I just don't like them.

56. Some of the best moments in life are the ones you can't tell anyone about.

57. Relationships are like a baby rocking board. If one of the two gets bored or one is too fat, there's no fun.

58. It's hard not to judge someone if their favourite movie is total crap.

59. For most people, freedom is associated with a big chunk of someone else's money.

60. Money can't buy happiness, but it solves 95% of the problems that make you miserable.

61. For the mathematicians: 95% of the problems solved by money are not worth even 1% of the remaining 5%.

The Eleventh Commandment: "Thou shalt not adulterate!" S. E. Letz.

"Failure will not break me if my resolve is strong." from The World's Greatest Dealer, Og Mandino

To learn what not to do, the best way isto lose everything you have. And when you know what not todo not to lose money, you start learning what todo to win. Those who haveunderstoodthishave already started to learn.

From "Memories of a Stock Speculator", Edwin Lefebvre

.... The publisher was quiet for a while and then asked: "So why does access to an unlimited environment almost always have to end in failure?" I replied: "Because unlimited opportunities, together with unlimited freedom of action aimed at benefiting from these opportunities, confront one with unique problems, and only a few are able to recognise their existence, without which their resolution is unthinkable. You cannot overcome an obstacle if you do not know what it is".

From the book Zone Trading. Winning the market through confidence, discipline and a mindset of success, Mark Douglas.

"It's all nonsense - forget everything you've been taught, trust your right hemisphere and start living by intuition. Love the market with its incomprehensible feminine logic, dance along with its exciting fractal body movements along the Fibonacci levels, and you'll be happy..." ( I think Bill) I also like his essay about a student who waited many years for enlightenment from his mentor)))

... it's not about a hundred thousand marks a month, it's about you turning into a person who is worth a hundred thousand marks a month.

From the book "The Road to Financial Independence. The first million in seven years", Bodo Schäfer

He who seeks millions very rarely finds them, but he who does not seek them never finds them!

(Honoré de Balzac)

If you don't realise your dream, someone will hire you to help you realise yours

Source:http://www.adme.ru/svoboda-psihologiya/kak-ya-brosil-rabotu-radi-sobstvennogo-dela-i-chut-ne-sletel-s-katushek-796810/ © AdMe.ru
Как я бросил работу ради собственного дела и чуть не слетел с катушек
Как я бросил работу ради собственного дела и чуть не слетел с катушек
  • www.adme.ru
— Наконец пришла смска: «Завтра в 5 утра, номер рейса AZ610 из Рима в Нью-Йорк». Сообщения приходили каждое воскресенье вечером, определяя место встречи и моего клиента на следующую неделю. Я работал в одной из трех лучших консалтинговых фирм в мире. Жизнь, упакованная в чемодан. Жизнь, в которой мимо пролетает все, кроме таблиц в Excel. Жизнь...