Promotion of indicators - page 7

sanyooooook:
Well, this is not a time limit, but a bar limit)
If the five-minute chart is prohibited to show the indicator data for the last nine bars, then it is possible? And if you prohibit to show the last 45 minutes - you cannot?

artmedia70:
If the five-minute chart is prohibited to show the indicator data on the last nine bars, then it is allowed? And if you prohibit to show the last 45 minutes - you cannot?
Stupid Lex :)))

artmedia70:
If the five-minute chart is prohibited to show the indicator data on the last nine bars, then it is allowed? And if you prohibit to show the last 45 minutes - you cannot?
apparently not ))

sanyooooook:
Apparently not )))
How nice :)

Candid:
Stupid Lex :)))
Who says the King is a fool!?!? :D

Candid:
Well, yes, they probably mean that you can't be allowed to work only from 3am to 5am, or only on Fridays. At least I was allowed to limit the calculation to bars.
Some policies have a ban on working at certain times, I think it's different here.

artmedia70:
how nice :)

the indicator does not stop working, but the signals are delayed by a certain number of bars )

so the user can see that the indicator is working, but cannot use it

Of course, there may be a nuance here: the user may think that the indicator sees what has already happened and therefore the signals are so good.

sanyooooook:
some strategies include a ban on working at certain times, I think this is different.
Yes, not a very clear point. In short, any specific ideas for restrictions need to be vetted by the admins beforehand.

sanyooooook:

the indicator does not stop working, but the signals are delayed by a certain number of bars )

thereby the user sees the indicator working, but cannot use it

Of course, there may be a nuance here: a user may think that the indicator sees what has already happened and therefore the signals are so good.

I understand that MQ have broken their heads about this problem and have made a drastic decision - no demo, that's all...

artmedia70:
I understand, MQ have broken their heads about this problem and have done a very radical thing - no demo, and that's it...
For example, you could limit the work only in the tester, to see how the indicator works on the history (but here the tester also allows peeping)