Martingale and anti-martingale. - page 7

Strategy (Grail):

1. Open a position at any time in any direction with lot 1
  2. place a stop order in the opposite direction at a distance of X amount of lot 3
  3. wait...
  4. if the first position turns out to be a profit, close it and delete the stop order
  5. if the stop order opened - set a new stop order at the level of the first position in lot 6
  6. wait...
  7. If the sum of positions turns out to be a profit - close all and delete the stop order
  8. if the new stop order opened - place another stop order at the level of the second position in lot 12
  9. wait...
  10. and so on... lots 24, 48, 96...

each time, add one stop order in bigger lots in the opposite direction at the same price levels

it is enough for the total profit to pass X points in any direction out of the channel

it is obvious that lots after netting gives sequence 1, 3-1=2, 6-2=4, 12-4=8, 24-8=16...

strategy variations:

• one can forcibly net positions after execution of stop orders to avoid swaps
  • stop losses can be set for each order, so lots should be set 1,2,4,8,16...
  • you may widen the corridor to avoid too frequent executions (laps)
  • you may consider narrowing a corridor to return to profit sooner on a reversal
  • adding technical analysis may improve entries (or vice versa, lol)
  • It is possible to open in parallel on several symbols (in theory, it gives diversification of risks)
  • it is possible to use multiseries on one instrument from different levels (it may cause the risk concentration!)

The advantages are obvious: the analysis is of no importance, you just need the price to move in any direction by X points.

The disadvantages are also obvious: winding up orders in a flat quickly leads to the fall of margin and freezing of funds.

To avoid losing all your money at once, it is better to start with 0.1 lots - or better still 0.01.

Take Profits are not needed! Then, such moves as today's, you can earn a dozen lamborghinis

ALSO you can look for: Cheburashka, Wheels, Parastop.

the other movements are recommended as a Grail of the beginner level

PS: pure loki is rubbish (IMHO and in general), not recommended, not a grail

transcendreamer:

Strategy (Grail):

1. Open a position at any time in any direction with lot 1
  2. place a stop order in the opposite direction at a distance of X amount of lot 3
  3. wait...
  4. if the first position turns out to be a profit, close it and delete the stop order
  5. if the stop order opened - set a new stop order at the level of the first position in lot 6
  6. wait...
  7. If the sum of positions turns out to be a profit - close all and delete the stop order
  8. if the new stop order opened - place another stop order at the level of the second position in lot 12
  9. wait...
  10. and so on... lots 24, 48, 96...

each time, add one stop order in bigger lots in the opposite direction at the same price levels

it is enough for the total profit to pass X points in any direction out of the channel

it is obvious that lots after netting gives sequence 1, 3-1=2, 6-2=4, 12-4=8, 24-8=16...

variations of the strategy:

• one can forcibly net positions after execution of stop orders to avoid swaps
  • stop losses can be set for each order, so lots should be set 1,2,4,8,16...
  • you may widen the corridor to avoid too frequent executions (laps)
  • you may consider narrowing a corridor to return to profit sooner on a reversal
  • adding technical analysis may improve entries (or vice versa, lol)
  • It is possible to open in parallel on several symbols (in theory, it gives diversification of risks)
  • it is possible to use multiseries on one instrument from different levels (it can lead to the risk concentration!)

The advantages are obvious: the analysis is of no importance, you just need the price to move in any direction by X points.

The disadvantages are also obvious: winding up orders in a flat quickly leads to the fall of margin and freezing of funds.

To avoid losing all your money at once, it is better to start with 0.1 lots - or better still 0.01.

Take Profits are not necessary! Then, such moves as today's, you can earn a dozen lamborghinis

ALSO you can look for: Cheburashka, Wheels, Parastop.

the other strategy is recommended as a Grail of the beginner level

PS: pure loki is rubbish (IMHO and in general), not recommended, not a grail

Super system.

I tested a similar system with reversal after a certain distance, in MT5, but never mind. Conclusion: it's not worth the effort. The system can give a very small profit over three years, with a reversal distance of 80-90 pps.., Decreasing the rollover interval leads to accelerated sinking. Open one-hour timeframe of any major currency pair for 2001-2002 and for 2013-2014, preferably on a large monitor, and you will understand. This is "Ebola tick fever" machine trading, HFT. The time of romantic trend-followers, rangers (range) is gone irrevocably. "Skynet" has won.

I beg to differ about robots: in my opinion, robots are much inferior to live traders, no matter how you look at it, but you can't even fit market sense and experience into an algorithm, and I have never found a single non-draining robot in all my years, I have to keep an eye on them, turn them off during dangerous periods, reconfigure them... I wouldn't be so categorical about machine trading

transcendreamer:

Strategy (Grail)

(You are a generous man! Whatever pros and cons of this scheme may be, unselfishly posting a full description of the strategy, especially pretending, in your opinion, to be a grail is a truly altruistic act ...)

By the way, what is a Cheburashka, a dollop and a parastop?

As for the flip martingale:

• If you test an Expert Advisor with a rigid fixed constant number of points, then the result will look very sour - this is exactly the case when robots show their limitations - the point is to adapt to the situation individually, or at least prescribe a corridor width, depending on the volatility and proximity to key levels
  • "If you want to choose a corridor, you may do the following: draw a rectangle object on a chart, check "Draw as Background" option and drag the rectangle on a chart andvisuallycheck and count the number of times the price moves in and out of the rectangle... you can also use the grid (gray dashes) to see the history - not to choose a knowingly unsuccessful corridor size...
  • the market phase has a strong effect - yesterday's statistics - in such sharp movements, narrow corridors become very attractive, because sharp and large exits give good profits, you just have time to close them..... and in a sluggish flat, everything is bad - if you get into a consolidation, everything is also bad - the orders get winded up - so you need time to think and either regroup to a higher scale (widen the corridor) or try to win back on a lower scale within the consolidation (narrow the corridor)
  • The most unpleasant thing about the reversal martingale is to hit a "saw", when zigzags going up and down catch stop orders - it can be such a mean trick on commodities and crosses - in this case we can use "castling" = shift of the corridor - it is done this way when the next position is profitable, but does not overlap the loss and we clearly anticipate a reversal back to the channel, then we close the profitable position, immediately open the same lot in the opposite direction, remove the opposite stop-order and place another stop-order at a distance of X points, but from the other side - thus we have shifted the corridor up/down and now there will be less chance of accidental zigzagging
  • Overlapping of positions - if, for example, profit for one instrument overlaps loss for other instruments - it is quite possible to close all of them

nowi:
You are a generous man! Whatever the pros and cons of this scheme may be, unselfishly putting out a full description of a strategy, especially ones that you claim to be a grail is a truly altruistic act ...)

by the way, what are: cheburashka, nevalyashka and parastop?

almost everything i know and use - i found on the forums for nothing......

so all my posts are a humble return, thank you to the community for the knowledge gained... and perhaps it will be useful to someone...

Cheburashka was created by programmer and if I'm not mistaken has its roots here: https://forum.alpari.ru/index.php/topic/26516-sovetnik-cheburashka/

Parastop - the authorship belongs to cmillion : http://ruforum.mt5.com/threads/21283-parastop http://cmillion.ru/sovetnik-parastop/

Chumbley seems to be by cmillion too.

Reverse Martingale is a manual strategy, not a robot, it needs some common sense, you can't try it thoughtlessly, any corridor is not a dogma but a guess...and if you're a Martin, you have to be very careful,at high speed (more than 4-8 lots) when profit has taken over the loss you'd better close and not take any chances,you may even decrease the volume and exposure without losing the loss - that's better...i.e. if you're a gamer, you have to beready for a 30-50% drawdown, and it will happen again... Just for guys with big cojones ))))I am by no means trying to promote this system, maybe there is a touch of self-irony in my words? It's an entry level grail ...))With big money you should not take risks, working with martingale you have to imagine yourself as a sapper ...and do not get greedy,10-20% a month is enough, overtrading is a bad habit.

the fun of martingale is that the most significant profits come when the lot is larger than the initial one (when the sharp movement you caught gives significant results), it means that it turns out like in life - nothing is given for free, you need to lose first to win later, such bullshit

If anything - anticipating the answer to my question - my main trading is not dealing with martingale... But since the subject is marked as a martingale, I've expressed my opinion - you may be a bit cautious and feel like James Bond from the corner

1)All Martingale's are treated as 1,3,7,15,, Multiply + a little more. Below is a link to a modified Martingale. I made it myself. The bets are not multiplied in the xt Expert Advisor but added together. That is why the walrus is used sparingly.

2) The essence of the algorithm. It is a mathematical model. History is not used. (I never lost on demo account!!!) The Expert Advisor xt.ex4 puts bets every 7 points. Profitable bet is closed. Number of losing bets increases. At losing bets the amount of volume gradually increases. Approximately it looks like this: losing trades with volume 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 are lined vertically | . But sooner or later the market turns around. Naturally, bids with largest volumes quickly begin to cover losses. The Expert Advisor waits until the losing trades add up to +. In fact, everything is much more complicated. I think for 98% this robot will make you believe in the grail.

Dangeranimal:

1)I haven't found a single advisor in the thread. Not even a losing one.

2) All the Martingale is considered as 1,3,7,15, Multiply + a little more. Below is a link to a modified Martingale. I made it myself. The bets are not multiplied in the xt Expert Advisor but added together. That is why the walrus is used sparingly.

3) The essence of the algorithm. It is a mathematical model. History is not used. (I never lost on demo account!!!) The Expert Advisor xt.ex4 puts bets every 7 points. Profitable bet is closed. Number of losing bets increases. At losing bets the amount of volume gradually increases. Approximately it looks like this: losing trades with volume 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 are lined vertically | . But sooner or later the market turns around. Naturally, bids with largest volumes quickly begin to cover losses. The Expert Advisor waits until the losing trades add up to +. In fact, everything is much more complicated. I think for 98% this robot will make you believe in the grail.

the website layout is awesome

Traders! never buy a martingale!!!

There are already better advisors without martin.