I will write an advisor free of charge - page 6

Afternoon! Help to correct an EA, it tries to open an order with a stop loss or take profit too close to the market price

drulick110:
Hi, help me to correct an EA, it tries to open an order with stop loss or take profit too close to the market price
Send me the code or part of the code where it is wrong

yakton:

Writing is possible, but how well it will work, I don't know... maybe you have the best option in the picture that will show a profit... In another situation it may be too late to enter... The problem with all indicators is that they give a signal late due to averaging, and we must either be ahead of the indicator (not very likely because the news can greatly distort forecasts) or have a backup if you were wrong ... and in the end to be in the black... the most effective but also the most dangerous is martingale... safer is hedging, but it's very problematic to work with... because you have to get out of the hedge correctly... otherwise it will only get worse... I'll write when it goes in, see how profitable it is on the chart, report back and then we'll see:

i understand this is a higher order rsi than 5 minutes... it shows that you can enter and look for a better entry point....

entry after crossing any of the levels towards the inside... the problem is that the last bar will reflect price changes and it could easily cross the line and then go back and go back...

so there are 2 ways out:

1. either at the first crossing, but this does not guarantee that price will not go further and the crossing will not disappear (what we will do then)

2.at the end of the candle of a higher level, and the entry at the opening of a new candle(in fact, we have already missed the ideal entry point, it was at the crossing of the previous candle, but we were not sure ...) and now we are sure the price went in this direction, but we don't know when it will change and maybe we already missed most of the movement...

well, there is a third option: we enter at the crossover, but look for additional confirmations... for example, we could put another indicator on the 5-minute chart .... We will provide a better entry, but not much protection from the price reversal.

My conclusion: just putting the indicator on the Expert Advisor, the output will be minimal or even a loss... If you have any ideas how to deal with all of the above, please let me know.

Hello Anton. I forgot to mention that I work with MT4 (I don't know if it's important or not). I am testing this strategy for some weeks in manual mode, of course I miss some signals, because it is not possible to be near the monitor all the time, but overall it is a good plus, if I'm wrong it will show in the owls. As for the entries - a signal at the first cross followed by a close of the candle, if the price went against us, we got a loss - there is no such thing!!! Thanks , waiting for your reply.

vabank:
Good afternoon Anton. I forgot to write that I work with MT4 (don't know if it's important or not). I have been testing this strategy for a few weeks in manual mode, of course I miss some signals because it's not possible to be near the monitor all the time, but in general it's a good plus, if I am wrong it will show on the owls. As for the entries - a signal at the first cross followed by a close of the candle, if the price went against us, we got a loss - there is no such thing!!! Thank you , waiting for your reply.
I'm not arguing that there may be a silver lining... i described the main problems with indicators when writing EAs... and how to look at applying it to an EA... see separately what signals are trending what signals are flat, strong movements on the news... and see when the EA is most likely to go in... not you, the EA... it will either enter immediately or under an additional condition... and doesn't change his mind if he's alerted... if you can filter out that the price was a bit hesitant to enter, and wait longer to be sure, for example... then the EA won't get lucky... the EA has no flair... If there are no obvious false signals, then you can try it...

yakton:
I'm not arguing that there may be a silver lining... described the main problems of indicators when writing EAs... and how to look at its application to the EA... ... see which signals are trending, which signals are flat, heavy moves on the news... and see when the EA is most likely to go in... not you, the EA... it will either enter immediately or under an additional condition... and doesn't change his mind if he's alerted... if you can filter out that the price is a bit shaky and wait longer to be sure, for example... then the EA won't get lucky... the EA has no flair... If there are no obvious false signals, you can try it...
Let's try it, under a rolling stone....

vabank:
Let's give it a try, under a rolling stone....
No one's back can handle all the boulders;) well, I guess we'll give it a try...

yakton:
No back can handle all the boulders;) well, I guess we'll give it a try...
Thank you. I'll wait for the results.

Hello, who will write an EA with the following parameters

1 open buy and sell orders (no matter by what signal they can be entered later, but by Mascots)
2 should calculate money management
3 on a losing trade must increase the trade by exponent lot = 2
4 in case of a connection failure must pick up their orders
5 close trades on the counter signal

vabank:
Thank you. I will wait for the results.
yakton:
No back can handle all the boulders;) well, I guess we'll give it a try...
Hello. I would like to know if there is any progress in the implementation of the owl?

vabank:
Good afternoon. I was wondering if there is any movement on the implementation of the owl?
I have a lot of work to do.... I'll probably be able to do it this weekend...