Need help from MT4 developers and programmers - page 5

int start()
{
   while(!IsStopped()&&IsConnected()&&IsExpertEnabled())
   {
   }
   return(0);
}

How correct is this design in the EA?

start was called when a new tick occurred. If the event did not occur, the data has not changed. What should we do in an infinite loop with the old data? I think that the design of data processing for the Expert Advisor is originally wrong.

abolk:

Where you categorically need independence from tick arrivals.

In multicurrency, in copiers (tracker, before), in arbitrage, in any non-modular system where there is dependence between modules, it can be useful.

abolk:

the real capabilities of forum experts have long been known to all.

Jealousy in silence ))

TheXpert:

Jealousy in silence ))

I see your posts in almost every topic, understandably, the expert has nothing better to do than post in every topic - and always, for some reason, the phrase comes to mind from a famous work: "You're kind of pathetic".

abolk:
How many multilaterals do you order? Do you suddenly have to be frightened by the number of complaints and the amount of rework?

I didn't drink vodka with you.

we are discussing Expert Advisors/scripts/indicators -- these tasks are mostly single-algorithm and time-sensitive

so there's no need to -- you don't have to get out of your trousers and get upset -- the real abilities of the forum experts are known to all of us.

1) I cannot answer for others. I don't know who gets what and how much.

2) All right, "you", so "you".

3) The classes of tasks (including trading ones) are different, I only wanted to show that you are not familiar with a certain type of tasks.

Sorry, but you are an amateur with an attitude.

grizzly_v:

How correct is this design in the EA?

start was called when a new tick occurred. If the event did not occur, the data has not changed. What should we do in an infinite loop with the old data? I think that the design of data processing for the Expert Advisor is originally wrong.

Spell it one more time: MULTI-TY-VA-LUT-NICK.

Contender:

3) There are different classes of tasks (including trading tasks), I just wanted to show that you are not familiar with a certain type of task.

I'm sorry, but you are an amateur with an attitude.

You have only shown that you are capable of judging others by themselves.

As for me -- I have never claimed to be an expert/non-expert/knowledgeable person -- even Plato said, "I know that I know nothing".

Your nickname is "Contender" -- "Contender" translated -- it's time for you to move to the next level, like TheContender -- I understand you use looped algorithms in your tasks.

In old versions of MT4 looping can be and was entitled to exist. In new versions, with OnTimer() event the use of looping is unacceptable and cannot be justified by any kind of algorithms.

C-4:
In old versions of MT4 looping can be and was entitled to exist. In new versions, with the OnTimer() event the use of loops is unacceptable and cannot be justified by any kind of algorithms.
This thread was created by a developer of commercial software. Only he (and MQ) knows how many versions he has implemented in old versions.

abolk:

You have only shown that you are capable of judging others by yourself.

As for me -- I have never claimed to be an expert/non-expert/knowledgeable person -- even Plato said: "I know that I know nothing".

Your nickname is "Contender" -- "Contender" translated -- it's time for you to move to the next level, like TheContender -- I understand you use looped algorithms in your tasks.

You are very fond of making accusations about others. I remember your magical "All the signal providers are crooks". By the way, you have not even bothered to apologize for that!

Now you have decided to teach me how to program?

So, for your information:

1) I don't have "my tasks", I have a multicurrency, the result of which can be seen in Signals;

2) I don't have the problem that the topicstarter touched;

3) I can deal with my nicknames without the snotty ones.

Contender:

Dear. In your unwarranted arrogance you are too much into personalities.

You can rewind your posts -- you're incomprehensibly offensive and personally offensive to the panelists https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/34432/page4

Contender:

...for many of those who responded, it's all about the chitchat.

I'm telling you, many responders are just scratching their egos. You're one of them.

Have you ever written anything ASURV in your life?

...I just wanted to show that you are not familiar with a certain type of task. Sorry, but you are an amateur with an attitude.

...I can handle my nicknames without the snotty ones.

-- these are line-by-line quotes from every(!) post of yours.