Need help from MT4 developers and programmers - page 4

Wex:

And in someone else's eye, you can always see even the straw. And the more logs in one's eye, the smaller the straw can be discerned.

In any business, it is the result, not the process, that counts. The result is this: black is presented as white - literally - not figuratively - the executive system shows the user another value instead of one. WHERE this is done - inside some function, or outside of it - does not matter. A real-time multitasking system is capable of handling several processes simultaneously. In that process, the Sleep() function "runs" most of the time and does not consume any system resources at all. This is the classic thing that is essentially used to suspend the process. All other processes can run unhindered.

???

Why the rant?

What log, what straw?

grizzly_v:

One is too lazy to read the documentation. The rest show they're very clever... Phew!

Catch the code :)

I still don't know what your problem is.

Yeah, and a third is too lazy to read what the topic is about.

artmedia70:

???

Why the rant?

What log, what straw?

The triad was about Wex describing the real problem, but for many of those who wrote back, it's all about gossip.

They wrote here that "it's bullshit, you must write the code correctly", but they lost sight of the fact that the code must be rewritten, not written! And the amount of code that needs to be rewritten depends on the number of products implemented.

Contender:

They've written here that "bullshit, you have to write the code right", but they've overlooked the fact that the code will have to be rewritten, not written! And the amount of code that needs to be rewritten depends on the number of products implemented.

1. About rewriting -- it's hard to scare a programmer by rewriting code.

2. About the amount of code written -- I wonder how many EAs that have been written before require such a design:

int start()
{
   while(!IsStopped()&&IsConnected()&&IsExpertEnabled())
   {
   }
   return(0);
}
What problem must be solved for a programmer to be forced to write such a construct?

abolk:

1. About rewriting -- it's hard to scare a programmer by rewriting code.

2. About the amount of code written -- I wonder how many EAs written before require such a design:

What problem must be solved for a programmer to be forced to write such a construct?

I tell you, a lot of the responders are just scratching their egos. You are one of them.

abolk:
What problem must be solved for a programmer to be forced (sane and not under anesthesia) to write such a design?
Independence from the (frequency of) ticks coming in. It is hard for a non-programmer to understand, I understand.

TheXpert:
Independence from (frequency of) ticks. It's hard for a non-programmer to understand, I understand.

So enlighten me, you expert - give me an example of a task - in the EA - where independence from ticks is absolutely necessary.

also enlighten me, you experienced one - how many such tasks you may and do get.

you are smart and smart in public - you are known for it - in every topic - give us an example.

abolk:

so enlighten us, you espert -- give me an example of a task -- in the EA -- where independence from tick arrival is categorically needed.

multicurrency

abolk:

so enlighten me, you expert - give me an example of a task - in an advisor - where independence from ticks is absolutely necessary.

also enlighten me, you experienced one - how many such tasks you may and do get.

you are a smart-ass, you are known to be a smart-ass in every issue - give me an example.

Have you ever written anything of the ASDS type in your life?

Contender:
multicurrency
how many multivolutions are ordered? what do you suddenly have to fear from the number of complaints and the volume of rework?
Contender:
Have you ever written anything ASURV in your life?

I didn't drink vodka with you.

we are discussing Expert Advisors/scripts/indicators -- these tasks are mostly single-algorithm and time-sensitive

so there's no need to -- get out of your trousers to avoid embarrassment -- the real abilities of the forum experts are known to all.