Suggestions for promoting the MT5 platform to the masses - page 3

C-4:
MT5 will soon have full-fledged locks support. This will be my personal contribution to making MT5 stronger. With locks capability MT5 will tear up any terminal, even the good old MT4.
It will be interesting to see your version. Looking forward to it. ;)

server:
Is there anyone on this forum who can do a competent commercial for MT5?
It's not that easy and it's quite costly.

server:

Who has a suggestion on how to promote MT5 to the masses?

After numerous discussions with many brokers - I have concluded that they are waiting for Metquotes to do this (even though they have bought the platform).

We have a lot of smart, sensible traders, coders and other people associated with trading, partnership - well do not we come up with a common way to promote the beloved MT5 platform to the masses.

The proposals appear on the forum periodically, but just as consistently steadily ignored or explained why we do not need it.

You can close your eyes to the fact that the application options window is not stretched.

We will not be able to turn a blind eye to the lack of custom history. We cannot ignore floating objects. (In the last patch again something was fixed, I have not even checked yet, the application is hanging around for a year). This is - and by no means a complete list - specific groups of traders. These specific groups do not need such a terminal.

Loki is a small visible part of problems.

MT5 is not going to the masses because of the brokers, but because of the traders who are not satisfied with such a terminal. This will not be cured by advertising.

It's a bit of a rush, but I think the point is clear.

Silent:

MT5 does not reach the masses not because of brokers, but because of traders who are not happy with such a terminal. And there is no cure for that in advertising.

Right, but that's not exactly the point.

All third-party resources (third-party forums, etc.) exist because of the influx of new users, many of whom do not care whether to use MT4 or MT5.

But if we look at the major English forex forums - everything there is based on MT4 - indicators, expert advisors, analytics, training content, etc. Analytics and training - this is impersonal content (it can be for any platform). But they made it "sort of" for MT4. But for MT5, they have, at best, just a section on the forum.

You have to look at it from the new user's point of view. They come to a forum and see

• the "how to use the indicator" - for MT4 (although there is the same indicator for MT5),
  • training (impersonal - can be for any trading platform) - it is customized for MT4, etc.
  • impersonal analytics - is in the section where MT4 is (not where MT5 is), etc.

He (the new user) uses what he is given in the context of how and where it is served. For example, if I'm a new user and I wanted to read about how to use a mouwing with period 200 to determine the trend, I will read it in their section for MT4 (and not for MT5).

And then there's the problem of business in general. If you (for example) have an established business, and somewhere is dripping from a third-party resource (banners or service or something else), and dripping for years - then why should you develop on something new (on MT5 for example)?

-------

That is, the "oldies" are not convertible any more. We must focus on very new users (and they are the mass of potential customers through which everything develops), and on completely new third-party resources that are still choosing - on what they want to do a small business in the development of something. And to help each other in this sense.

newdigital:

Right, but that's not really the point.

Look at this case not from the perspective of (users of) MT4, but from the perspective of those who sit on quik, thinkorswim , strategy desk, etc.

Personally had the experience of talking to people "plotting" in thinkorswim - MT5 is not even in the plans with its schedule.

A simple example. Dollar index, which includes metals and fuel. It may be used in forex trading. Only to build it using data from forex... understandable, yes. People have been counting in excel - and there is no reason to bother switching to another platform.

I've already written somewhere: it's already a mistake to look from the position of pulling people from MT4 rather than from other platforms and trading platforms.

Silent:

I've already written somewhere: it's already a mistake to look at it from the perspective of pulling people from MT4, rather than other platforms and trading venues.

I think a strategy is emerging:

• you need attractive materials (probably video, flash or pictures in *.gif format - animation)
  • you need to pull not only users from MT4, but also from typical brokerage (exchange) platforms.

Silent:

You can turn a blind eye to the fact that the application options window is not stretched.

You sound like a typical content consumer: Give me this, give me that. It doesn't work here, it doesn't work there. And you don't even think that "give me" isn't a magic wand or an incantation "I want everything at once". People work. There are only a handful of programmers and millions of consumers.

C-4:
You reason like a typical content consumer: give this, give that. Here it doesn't work, there it's not right. And you don't even consider that "give" is not a magic wand or a "I want it all at once" spell. People work. There are only a few programmers, but there are millions of consumers.

A trader is a consumer. A typical one. Of content.

Secondly, it is not a "give", it is a fundamental "strategic mistake of the party". I personally have long been "not burning", and by and large not really need. Because for trading (hands) - the platform makes no difference. It is purely a trading platform.

But MT5 is sort of a trading and analytical platform.

barabashkakvn:

I think a strategy is emerging:

• you need attractive materials (probably videos, flash or pictures in *.gif format - animation)
  • need to pull not only users from MT4, but also from typical brokerage (stock exchange) platforms.

It won't save.

Once again: it's not about traders. It's about the platform.

newdigital:

I mean, the "oldies" can't be converted any more.

Exactly. I'm pretty 'old', so to speak, on MQL4 Registered in July 2008. I really liked mt4 back then.

What happened since then? other than getting married and having a baby.

i gave up on forex, opened three accounts at three stockbrokers with different trading platforms, developed a robot and while mt5 was crude i wrote it on api along with a minimal terminal,

I managed an account opened on mt5 (following my lead) and what do I see?

I see that I have matured and mt has fallen into senility.

They even removed the custom history in 5. I wonder what will be removed in six? Or is it right to ask what will remain in six? There will be one tab for sure, and it's anyone's guess which one. It's the only one that's been developing lately. And in the seven will be an editor with two tabs - a job and a market - hear, write yourself or torrent here. The rest will be declared "junk", and they will tell you to trade with one tool.

The interface, too, is the upper limit of the use of space. The limit of dreams. On 1/3 of the screen we can put pose, balance and application information. How much space do we need for that?

for balance we need: balance, funds, free and profit

for orders and positions: instrument, volume, price, profit, SL,TP

Why do I need so much space for six columns?

I can't ask fora small table that is in every terminal. Who of the ordinary traders(not algo) from other platforms will go for it? Why would they do that? How many credits do they have to spend to get a full-fledged terminal from MT5?

Personally, I don't give a shit about the market and the gob. I came here before they existed, hoping to get a handy trading terminal. And I want the traders here to be respected too. Inthe meantime, I'll keep my account with broker with unfinished api, but with efficient use of workspace and handy spreadsheet. Just the way I like it.

Remember where I started? With MT4, with pleasure. And now the desire to leave MT5 is growing. Such progress... Very hopeful, that's why I'm very disappointed.