ECN, order execution, aggregators, liquidity. - page 4

220Volt:
Hello Dmitry, came to you, opened a demo account. Spread is floating and no ask history to see(ideally bid + ask). Something like a wish, if possible.
The site has a tick history from a real ECN.MT4 account for the last 2 weeks.

sanyooooook:

After playing around with ECN on btc-e, I have come to a conclusion:

1. MT4 does not withdraw limit orders from its market cup into the exchange cup (it seems the same for other exchanges).

2. all the pending orders are executed at the market including limit (buy limit/ sell limit), since limit orders (buy limit/ sell limit) are not output to the stock market and the only way to output them is a market order

3. with a limit (buy limit/sell limit) you can enter the market by placing an order at the price of the opposite bank, but not higher/lower.

4. you can play with the spread using limit orders (buy limit/sell limit), but within the spread that is traded

5. Since the limits (buy limit/ sell limit) are not deducted, the exchange does not see the bid and ask which is in MT4

Assumption: if the opposite band has gone above/below the limit which is in MT4 and there are no bids in the exchange glass at the level of the limit, then most likely the limit will execute with positive slippage.

1-2. We keep all the orders and send them to the provider only at the time of activation. We cannot send them in advance (as I said above) because we do not know in advance which of the suppliers will have a better price. When the order is activated, we send it to the provider as it is with us, i.e. we send markets and stops as marquets and we send limits and profits as limits (at the provider they cannot slide into minus, but may not fill or fill partially, unlike markets). We have an ECN setting where you can choose to execute limits with marquets. In this case they are indeed sent by markets and may slide both ways, but the execution is guaranteed.

3. Buy limit can be sent at Ask (no higher), Sell limit at Bid (no lower). Above or below MT will not pass because of the built in foolproof protection.

4. Yes.

5. What's going on there with the vendor I don't know, especially since everyone's is different.

Rann:

1-2. We keep all the orders on our books and only send them to the supplier at the time of activation. We can't send them in advance (as I said above), because we don't know in advance which supplier will have a better price. When the order is activated, we send it to the provider as it is with us, i.e. we send markets and stops as marquets and we send limits and profits as limits (at the provider they cannot slide into minus, but may not fill or fill partially, unlike markets). We have an ECN setting where you can choose to execute limits with marquets. In this case they are indeed sent by markets and can slide both ways, but the execution is guaranteed.

3. Buy limit can be sent at Ask (no higher), Sell limit at Bid (no lower). Above or below MT will not pass because of the built in foolproof protection.

4. Yes.

5. What's going on there with the vendor I don't know, especially since everyone's is different.

1. in the case of btc-e, the supplier is the same, and if they do not withdraw, I assume that you cannot(not technically implemented in MT4)

2. example: buy limit price in MT4 is 1.32. someone suddenly erased all bilimits on the exchange to 1.3179, where will the buy limit in MT4 be executed?

3. this is clear

5. ask yourself )

sanyooooook:

1. in the case of btc-e, there is one provider, and if they do not withdraw, then I assume that it is impossible(technically not implemented in MT4)

2. example: buy limit price in MT4 is 1.32. someone suddenly erased all the buy limits on the exchange to 1.3179, where will the buy limit which is in MT4 be executed?

3. this is clear.

5. ask about it )

1. We are withdrawing from ECN on a fix (outside MT4).

2. For example in exchange it may happen, but in banks nobody withdraws anything, their liquidity is not given in the form of Limits. Some banks take the band off on any deal, and some do not. You cannot compare it with the stock exchange. But in essence, will execute at 1.3179

5. No one has, unfortunately. Who we talk to officially does not share. Especially as many may have kitchens and no one will tell it.

Rann:
The website has a tick history from the actual ECN.MT4 account for the last 2 weeks.
For example, we want to place a buy stop on a breakout of the top n bars ago. What price should we enter in the order? We should indicate a high ask n bars backward. It is not convenient to download the archive every time we place an order. How about running the ask version of the tools - eurusd_ask? And when the spread is fixed, there is no problem, we just have to enter bid[n] + spread + 1.

220Volt:
For example, we want to place a buy stop on a breakout of the top n bars ago. What price should be specified in the order? We should specify high ask n bars back. It is not convenient to download the archive every time we place an order. How about running the ask version of the tools - eurusd_ask? And when the spread is fixed, there is no problem, we just have to enter bid[n] + spread + 1.

You will not ideally determine the breakdown because the spread is floating, even if you see Aski on the charts. There is only an option here with small stocks to one side or the other.

Fixed spreads are rare these days. And as a rule, where it is there, something else is missing.

Rann:

You will not ideally determine the breakdown because the spread is floating, even if you see Aski on the charts. There is only an option here with small stocks to one side or the other.

Fixed spreads are rare these days. And as a rule, where there is one, something else is missing.

The same situation may occur with a stop loss. A good trader clearly executes the system and if his plan is to exit with >100% pullback, he should do it. But this condition cannot be fulfilled with one bit, or there will be unnecessary losses. I'm not insisting, just my opinion on the matter.

220Volt:
A similar situation can occur with a stop loss. A good trader clearly executes the system and if the intention is to exit at >100% pullback, then they should exit. But with one bit this condition cannot be fulfilled, or there will be unnecessary losses on the margin. I'm not insisting, just my opinion on the matter.
The costs of the profession.

Rann:

I am waiting for MT5 on ECN - I really need multicurrency testing.

// at least based on the history we have in mt (only bidirectional).

MetaDriver:

I am waiting for MT5 on ECN - I really need multicurrency testing.

// at least based on the history we have in mt (only bidirectional).

Working, but it's not fast. We are finalizing the ECN for netting.