ECN, order execution, aggregators, liquidity. - page 18

Andrei01:

The example of transparent company RVD I gave you earlier, take that same DukasCopi where the interbank spread is also well visible for comparison. Their performance is good enough because it cannot be otherwise with this business model. Therefore, all the others cheat with marcaps that increases the spread several times.

Here you say that someone has a lot of costs, I'm not denying it. The costs are a direct consequence of the chosen business model because you have to consider that the play with margins is ultimately the game against their business in all directions because there are large costs for staff and advertising, although traders are not all the same fools, the sum of two components are sometimes able to calculate and understand that the opacity of margins is always directed against them. As for the legal side, we have already analyzed - this is a typical commission of the company, moreover, hidden and hidden from the customers and the contract with them and I think to prove it in court would not be very difficult, if desired.

FXCM was fined earlier for slippage and markup is also a kind of price slippage against the client, but it is provided to clients with a different logic. The purpose and result is the same.

I've been trying to set up a zero spread account for a while now, but glide over the market spread. The trader will not gain anything by doing that, but will think that he is trading with a super real, true interbank spread.

Ducas is a different story. We have given up on them as a counterparty and I know we are not the only ones not happy with the execution.

If marcap is a type of slippage for you then I have no more questions for you. It's a shame that my bakery slips my loaf of bread by a few roubles relative to its cost price every day. I should write to the prosecutor's office against them.

Andrei01:
Comparison of bread with forex is not quite correct - poor quality raw material is not always easy to detect, and the rougher and cheaper flour is usually healthier and tastier. And slave labour is not applicable here, because almost everything can be automated.

To repeat myself.

It's a shame that everyone who knows how to run a state is already working as taxi drivers and hairdressers. (с)

papaklass:

Thank you for your comprehensive reply. I like your constructiveness.

Traders don't want to be cheated, which is why you so often have to answer the same questions on different forums. Traders are just surrounded by deceit in the vast majority. You know, like in the proverb: "You blow on water after you have been burned by milk. Traders raise questions on the forums, but the result is not much. The wall is unbreakable.

I know very well. And I know that my hard work in laundering the industry is also mostly thrown in the bin. Because people think marcaps are slippage, but they have no idea how to measure real slippage, and most importantly they can't understand what those slippages mean for them.

Andrei01:
In the vast majority of cases everything is honestly written, what is the commission, spread and execution, some even honestly admit to adding marcup and slippage. All this can be easily checked by a trader statistically, you can even write a ready-made module or buy one with the necessary statistics. It takes a special talent and willingness to cheat.

From what you write, you don't need talent.

I, on the other hand, am difficult to deceive. Moreover, our suppliers often try to deceive us, but we see the deception to the exact point and to the millisecond. Recently, attempts to cheat us have almost come to naught. They probably realise that we do not want to be cheated like the vast majority of incompetent people and companies.

Rann:

I, on the other hand, am difficult to deceive. And our suppliers often try to deceive us, only we see the deception to the exact point and to the millisecond.

To see a supplier cheating, you need to have access to their suppliers to know exactly where and when they make their markup. Isn't that right?

Rann:

It's a shame that my bakery slips my loaf of bread by a few roubles relative to its cost price every day. I should write to the prosecutor's office.

In a bakery, no one shows you the cost price (spread) and the seller's mark-up (commission), unlike in forex.

Andrei01:
To see a supplier cheating, you have to have access to his suppliers to know exactly where and when he contributes his markup. Isn't that right?

Not like that. You just have to understand this business, how it works, and then all the deception will be seen as clear-cut. And we do not care at all what spreads and commissions the supplier receives and how much he charges us. What matters to us is the result, and we are very good at analyzing results.

About 4 years ago I bought another motorbike (3 years old) and I did not care how much the previous owner paid for it or how much he made out of it. I rode it for a couple of years and sold it for virtually the same price. What matters is the result. He may have sold it to me for twice what he bought it for, but I don't think he cheated me.

Andrei01:
In a bakery nobody shows you the cost price (spread) and the mark-up (commission) of the seller, unlike in forex.

Where do you see this cost in forex? Do you know how much Deutsche Bank charges, for example, for liquidity, which is then spread around the world? Or do you know its initial spreads?

Or do you know Dukas' trading conditions?

papaklass:

No Dimitri, your work in laundering the industry is necessary and useful, albeit thankless. And it is not "thrown in the bin" by everyone.

Thank you for your patience, correctness and constructive answers.

Of course, not all of it is thrown away. I see the fruits of my labour on many forums when people write with an understanding of the matter (often simply in my words). And people like you, who take what I write appropriately and correctly, are very supportive and encouraging. Thank you too.

Rann:

Where do you see this cost in forex? Do you know how much Deutsche Bank charges, for example, for liquidity, which is then spread around the world? Or do you know its initial spreads?

Or have you considered Dukas' trading conditions as a prime cost?

Interbank spreads can, after all, be valued at those companies that do not contribute their marcap, which is the cost of production, and the rest is the company's mark-up.