Beta version of MetaTrader 4 IDE including new MQL4 compiler and editor - page 13

The editor should be able to work with the program text not only in C, but also in Assembler. If the compilation by means of the regular compiler will not be implemented, you can make it possible to use an external compiler. Well, if there will be no compilation, then at least do the coloring of text (for example, as in plugin-e FarColorer to Far Manager, see figure) (colours must be configurable).

zdd:

The editor should be able to work with the program text not only in C, but also in Assembler. If the compilation by means of the regular compiler will not be implemented, you can make it possible to use an external compiler. Well, if there will be no compilation, then at least do the coloring of text (for example, as in plugin-e FarColorer to Far Manager, see figure) (colours must be configurable).

Nostalgia for MS DOS ?

artmedia70:
Nostalgic for MS DOS ?
ZEUS on ZX

Another version of the IDE beta has been uploadedto the old address.

What's new:

1. Correctly perceived values of enumerations with the same names in MQL4/MQL5 (however, members of MQL4 enumerations can be different in values from the same members of these enumerations in MQL5)

2. Since in the MT4 client terminal autonomous charts with any timeframe period are possible, the _Period variable in MQL4 is not of enum type and the Period() function does not return the enum type. Instead of the ENUM_TIMEFRAME type, the int type is used. Also, all MQL4 system functions that accept a timeframe value as a parameter, accept it as the int type.

Fixed call processing of some functions of the same name in MQL4/MQL5, but with different parameters.

4. Added MQL4 FileOpenHistory function

A warning is generated for simultaneous use of logical AND and OR in one expression and on the same level. Due to changes in priorities of logical operations in MQL4. This warning is generated both in MQL4 and MQL5, the same way as in the standard Lint.

Stringo :

The old address is Laid out the next beta version of the IDE.

What's new:

1. Correctly perceived value of transfers of the same name for MQL4/MQL5 (in this case the members of the transfers MQL4 may differ in value from the same names as members of these transfers in MQL5)

Due to the fact that the client terminal MT4 possible standalone graphics with any period timeframe, in MQL4 _Period variable is not the type enum, and the function of Period () does not return type enum. Instead of the type used ENUM_TIMEFRAME type int. Also, all system functions MQL4, taking the value timeframe as a parameter, take it as an int.

Fixed handling of calls some functions of the same name in MQL4/MQL5, but with a different composition parameters.

4. Added MQL4 FileOpenHistory function

5. A warning while using the logical AND and OR in the same expression, and on the same level. Due to the changing priorities of logical operations in MQL4. The warning is in MQL4, and MQL5, as does the standard Lint

File can't be downloaded.

angevoyageur:
File can't be downloaded.
fixed

1. The Window menu has a "New Window" function, which, as I understand it, is supposed to work in one file at the same time in different places.

Но это функция не работает. Второе окно открывается. Переходишь к нужному месту, а по возврату в первое окно, оно прокручивается к тому же месту, что и второе.

This again results in two windows showing the same thing.

2. I suggest that we change the order (sort by priority) of message output during compilation. Every time we compile, we have to scroll down the list because there are lines like 'stderror.mqh', 'stdlib.mqh' at the top.

I would prefer to see errors first, then warnings, and only after that informational and cognitive messages.

3. When a syntax error occurs during compilation, go straight to the place where the error occurred (or the first error if there are several of them). It is very convenient and implemented in all professional IDEs.

But now we have to scroll through the message list, click on the error twice and only then move on to error correction.

4. I really want a case-independent Intellisense.

5. It would be great if this list had its own variables.

6. I would like to see the settings of the Stylizer, so you can customize your own styling code.

7. A small thing, but still. In code, when you press the End key, it is logical to go to the last character of the line (code), even if after the code is still a lot of spaces at the end of the line. This is already implemented with the Home key.

8. When deleting empty lines with Del key (to pull the code up higher). First the spaces in the line are removed (even if the line is empty - without code), and only then the line itself will be removed. It would be more convenient if the line without code was deleted immediately, regardless of how many spaces it has. Just convenient. Or add hotkey delete string, such as Ctrl+L or Ctrl+Y.

Will there be a debugger for MT4? If so, it would be good to add a tooltip showing the variable's value as a tooltip when pointing the mouse cursor over the variable name. It would be very useful. You have to add it to WatchList every time you need it.

What about my suggestions?

zdd:

The editor should be able to handle the program text not only in C, but also in Assembler. If the compilation by means of the regular compiler will not be implemented, you can make it possible to use an external compiler. Well, if there will be no compilation, then at least do the coloring of text (for example, as in plugin-e FarColorer to Far Manager, see figure) (colours must be customizable).

Why it's support assembler will never be, and if you need a text editor with the functionality you are interested in, you can find them on the Internet in abundance,

for all tastes and colours.

I've read the thread, but didn't find the answer to my questions:

1. Will a file compiled with the new compiler version work faster?

2. Will it be possible to compile code by choice in MT4 or MT5, or it will work automatically in MT5? And if not, maybe make a compatibility help?

3. As I understand there is a big risk that the old code won't compile, and this is very frustrating to me as:

3.1 I'm not a programmer and it will be impossible for me to make simple changes to the code if it has critical errors due to incompatibility;

3.2 I will have to pay again to the programmers for the work they have already done, and this is one of the major drawbacks.

So maybe it makes sense to keep the old compiler as an alternative of choice, since you guarantee the old compiled files will work?

Off-topic, why is it so hard to switch to MT5, is it the interface or the notorious locs? Or are the DCs unwilling to change anything?

Документация по MQL5: Программы MQL5 / Ошибки выполнения
Документация по MQL5: Программы MQL5 / Ошибки выполнения
  • www.mql5.com
Программы MQL5 / Ошибки выполнения - Документация по MQL5

1. The compiler has other purposes.

2. It won't. The helper is already partly there.

3. You already have the compiled code, the old compiler you can save to your computer yourself.