Beta version of MetaTrader 4 IDE including new MQL4 compiler and editor - page 11

a question has arisen: i have compiled files, no sources after all future mql4 updates will these files continue to work, i.e. will they work the same as before?

sanyooooook:
I have a question: I have compiled files, no sources after all future mql4 updates will these files continue to work, i.e. will they work the same way as before?
The old compiled ex4 files worked and will still work. Without any additional restrictions

Ренат:

How is that not auto? Intellisens in MetaEditor is very good.

Navigation will improve As one of the operating options - Bookmarks..:

It works well, but it's case-sensitive. Is it possible to do it case insensitive? Maybe with an option.

Ренат:

These changes to the expression calculation should have been made a long time ago. Practically speaking, they rarely cause problems unless the author has written a huge expression.

About the change in priority and/or is it not possible to add a warning when such a case is possible?

I wonder if the long-promised Project Navigator will ever appear?

angevoyageur:
About a change in priority and/or it is not possible to add a warning when such a case is possible?

No.

Good afternoon to all friends of the "common hobby".

joining in testing and sharing experiences and information

Reading and rejoicing at the new, really cool!

Felt the betta IDE, did not encounter any global problems yet

I found an interesting problem in one of my projects! In the old MQL4 releases I treated the variable names in a free manner

string char[256]; // Old MQL4 - the construct worked

string sChar[256]; // After substituting the char array name for sChar in the betta IDE version, it all worked

// Due to expansion of the keyword set, names of the short, long, float, const, virtual, input, delete, new, do, char types cannot be used now.

more

// в старом MQL4  конструкция работала

double msc=1;

switch( msch )

{

case  msch 0;
   case  msch 1;
}

// в IDE Betta  заработало после явного приведения типов

double mscIDEb=1;
   switch((int) mscIDEb)

YuraZ:

more

In all fast code-oriented compilers switch is integer. For other types you can always build an if 'analogue.

Renat:

What do you mean there is no autocompletion? The intellisense in MetaEditor is very good.

Renat, I've been meaning to ask why you have a case-sensitive Intellisense? It's awfully inconvenient.