Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 24

Heroix:

Don't forget, there are "subtle" TCs that aren't just built on the intersection of mashas and other nonsense.

Oh, come on, all this talk about subtle TCs, matter, mermaids, auras, is brainwashing.

If a person understands something, really understands it, then he can formalize it, and all this "masks look good enough" from the field of chiromancy.

All the TC can be implemented in the indicator without affecting the tester, and there profit can be calculated, even if the TC uses pending orders.

Open up by level + spread, close by level. The difference of recorded levels will give the number of points.

Open down by level, close by level+spread. The difference of recorded levels will give the number of points.

That's it, assign a lot coefficient to each accounting object and make a profit.

Urain:

The price is calculated from Bid+Spred and what's the difference if you don't care what was LowBid or HighAsk before?

LowBid and HighAsk do not matter at all. And only dumb stop strategies can use them. And not stupid stop strategies use, for example, BuyStop_byBID. I.e. a BUY position is opened only when the Bid price rebounds at the pending order level. But that's not the point.

In my simple tester I mostly use only HighBid and LowAsk on a bar. I.e. I do not care about OPEN or CLOSE prices. And this is correct, because all prices, except HighBid and LowAsk are ECN/STP dependent - you can control them. All this nonsense was described a long time ago.

hrenfx:

LowBid and HighAsk play no role at all. And only dumb stop strategies can use them. And not stupid stop strategies use e.g. BuyStop_byBID. I.e. a BUY position is opened only when the Bid price rebounds at the pending order level. But that's not the point.

In my simple tester I mostly use only HighBid and LowAsk on a bar. I.e. I do not care about OPEN or CLOSE prices. And this is correct, because all prices, except HighBid and LowAsk are ECN/STP dependent - you can control them. All this nonsense described a long time ago.

So, what are you counting on this AskBid history?

If you add an indicator, it works either with Bid or Ask, the levels work in the tester and so on the price you want, what do not suit you?

Maybe I have a weak eye, but I have not found an argument why you need to change, I have only seen appeals that need to change.

hrenfx:

Wrote that metatheaters are not able to clearly set up even a profitable TS, let alone research.

Simple homework:

• Write an MQL5 script that writes only two bar values into a file: HighBid and LowAsk.
  • Run in an MT5-tester an Expert Advisor that looks into the future (sees future OHLCV_Bid+Spread) and shows the maximum possible profit on the monitored period of history(here is a hint).
  • Run the same logic on recorded HighBid and LowAsk.
  • Compare the results.
  • Think about which one has more confidence and why?

I'll pass, it's all sour for me to read. Either give me an argument, or I'm off (I have plenty of work to do without you).

ZS well don't like LowBid and HighAsk take HighBid and LowAsk --> HighBid take native LowAsk build as Low+Spred

What do you need to make such an indicator (you will build indicators from indicators), it is like two bytes to send.

I've done a shitload of work on the publisher, and you can't get enough of it. Somebody should at least try to do some basic stuff.

Take some simple reversal of TS on Limits: SellLimit and BuyLimit all the time in a changing channel (preferably narrow - two / three spreads, for example. To have more trades).

Run it on a demo, but still write HighBid and LowAsk somewhere.

Then start the same TS in the tester and compare the results obtained on the demo and in the tester.

The point is that there will be serious differences. But these differences would be practically absent, if the tester were oriented only on HighBid and LowAsk. It is easy to see this if you look at the differences and see the reason for the discrepancy.

Urain:

Well if you don't like LowBid and HighAsk take HighBid and LowAsk --> HighBid take native LowAsk build as Low+Spred

SZY you make such an indicator (you will build indicators from indicators), it is like two bytes to send.

I don't care about the indicators and their visualization. I am writing working trading systems, not Market.

Low_Bid+Spread != Low_Ask. This is the problem. I'm telling you, Low_Bid can be changed to ECN/STP by anyone who wants. I do not know what to do with it.

hrenfx:

I've done a shitload of work on the publc, and you're still not enough. Would someone bother to do some basic stuff?

Take some simple reversal of TS on Limits: SellLimit and BuyLimit all the time in a changing channel (preferably narrow - two / three spreads, for example. To have more trades).

Run it on a demo, but still write HighBid and LowAsk somewhere.

Then start the same TS in the tester and compare the results obtained on the demo and in the tester.

The point is that there will be serious differences. But these differences would be practically absent, if the tester were oriented only on HighBid and LowAsk. It's easy to see that if you look at the differences and see the reason for the difference.

I'm checking the TS race it on different spreads, if TS kills double spread I throw it away, at least 5-6 times the spread should hold, then it is guaranteed that in another dealing it will not sell.

But you are talking about some HighBid and LowAsk.

hrenfx:

Low_Bid+Spread != Low_Ask. That's the snag.

What's the difference?

Urain:

I test the TS by running it on different spreads, if the TS is killed by double spreads I throw it away, at least 5-6 times the spreads should hold, then it is guaranteed that in another dealing it will not sell out.

Don't get angry, but it's because of these unknown self-limitations you earn a lot less than you could.

If my TS is killed by an increase in spread by 2-3 pips (five digits), I run it and get a hefty payoff. You just need to know how to adjust the TS, which is impossible in metatasters.

To kill a TS by 2-3 pips means that its MO is ~ those same 2-3 pips. Do you have any idea how much liquidity there is in FOREX on 2-3 pips? Believe me, to break $10K to $100K will be enough liquidity for you.

And shit on those damn DCs, it's so easy to choose a competent ECN/STP-platform nowadays.

Urain:
What is the difference?
Can you realise (show) this elementary thing with the powerful forces of indicator visualisation?