Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 53

Interesting:

In my opinion, all the "fights" over Ask history make no sense, because without a tick history it can't be done normally.

And there is no tick history in the next 10 years, that's a fact.

I do not understand something else - why should the spread on a minute bar or on some other bar be counted by one value (maximum or at opening it does not matter). Why not take the average spread over a period, isn't that more logical?

With this approach at least it will be possible to explain why the results in the tester are the way they are.

It is more logical to take the spread where there are disputable issues because of it during testing with positions.

MetaDriver:

That's not true. Ignoring the obvious. All GUIs have long been made almost exclusively with WYSIWIG editors. // "Who are you trying to fool?" (c) Renat.

Any mass programming environment (VisualStudio, Delphi, etc.) already provides extensive visual component programming tools, and the components are not just visual at all, there are plenty of non-visual ones, with heaps of third-party component libraries from tricky buttons to ready-made HTTP servers and interfaces to databases.

We are not talking about GUI !

You can also refer to the fact that all the graphical editors do not work with real digital data, but with their visual interpretation!

Initially we were talking about a "visual component builder" which can automatically assemble TC in a convenient graphical form.

But, in my opinion, such a constructor - allows to make something simple, and is not suitable for something more complex.

The most advanced approach probably remains "draw + add". (imha).

Really, it's much easier to present a complex architecture in the form of visual blocks, not in the form of code.

But, here the visual model is only a supplement, not a basis, as suggested originally. That the work is done by a principle of "draw + add" - only says about the simplicity of the system, such a system can be done without any "write" - with only visual components. Where the system is quite complex, it follows a slightly different pattern: "I draw a rough draft - I write - I draw a real scheme - we add the necessary parts...".

But this is precisely the direction it is going in.

Standard Library is just a variant of such a complex architecture that can be represented in the form of visual blocks. And how many people use the model it offers? And all this despite the fact that there are enough well illustrated both by schemes and code...

Документация по MQL5: Стандартная библиотека
Документация по MQL5: Стандартная библиотека
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартная библиотека - Документация по MQL5

Renat:

That is, there is no proof. Nor is there any understanding of the history mechanisms in MT5.

Please try to encourage your broker to provide a normal one minute history.

Screenshots of MetaTrader platform

EURUSD, M30, 2013.08.12

Nord Group Investments Inc., MetaTrader 5, Demo

temp_file_screenshot_26505.png

EURUSD, M30, 2013.08.12, Nord Group Investments Inc., MetaTrader 5, Demo

This is an official MetaTrader5 screenshot, made by MT5 standard means and placed in MetaQuotes pocket. It is obvious that the chart on the left consists of daily bars and therefore this section cannot include the one-minute history. This fact does not agree with the statement that any timeframe history for MetaTrader5 is formed on the basis of the one-minute history, because otherwise the half-hour history would be available and we would not see the daily bars on M30 timeframe.

Nord Group Investments Inc. - for a certain period of time was the official server of MetaQuotes Software Corp. and provided access to quotes on behalf of MetaQuotes Software Corp. as evidenced by this screenshot:

In any case, this server was offered to me for MetaTrader5 platform connection after I downloaded and installed it from official MQ website.

At the moment, the official server of MetaQuotes is AdmiralMarkets, which has no visual evidence of crossing different timeframes, holes in history and other inaccuracies. However, this fact may not be a refutation of the published screenshot and statement that some dealing centres create history for MetaTrader5 of any degree of curvature, mix and match, which automatically makes all efforts of MQ to create an accurate history, to put it mildly, ineffective.

If you don't listen to the arguments, I can't help you. If the broker uploads diaries instead of minutes, you have to ask him "why did they do that".

Renat:
If you don't listen to the arguments, I can't help you. If the broker uploads the daily instead of the minutes, then you have to ask him "why did they do that".

Well, it is clear why: they just did not have M30, so they decided to give them what they have, namely D1.

Your desire to make the story centralised and validated is a natural and correct decision. But without the support of brokers, it will never be implemented (indeed, the example showed that the broker can pour anything into the history). But how many years will we ordinary users have to put up with this? Constantly begging the broker to make a normal story? Demand from them? What is a normal story? On RTS in the first 10-15 seconds after the opening of the session, it is virtually impossible to enter. Any TS that works out its entries and exits at this time is a pseudo-granular. So, the first minute candlestick for testing should be different than in reality. And no matter how qualitative history you create, it should consider this fact, otherwise it is the way to pseudo-graals. So give us, ordinary users, the opportunity to test on the history that we need, and on that trash that many DCs and brokers provide today.

C-4:

A lot of DCs and brokers provide today.

Just go and write to your broker all your complaints. With layouts and clear demands "remove the wrong data, here are the screenshots and upload a normal minute history".

For our part, we not only gave brokers all the mechanisms, but also provided articles on how important an accurate history is, where to get it and what to do.

There is no other way. We are not going to wreck the architecture and go back to the stone age because of the laziness of brokers.

Renat:

how important an accurate history is, where to get it

Yeah ) there's a treasure trove of it

Renat:
Finally solve the problem of fake limiters in MT4! How is it possible not to fix it, when it was reported more than once through servicedesk and even provided a 100% option to reproduce the problem within 5 minutes - completely understandable, when there is such a preoccupation with more important things. No other retail platform has ever seen such a mess with order tables - such a "tail chopping".

hrenfx:
Finally solve the problem of fake limiters in MT4! How can you even manage not to fix something like this, when it has been reported more than once via servicedesk and even provided a 100% option to reproduce the problem within 5 minutes - totally understandable when there is such a preoccupation with more important things. No other retail platform has ever seen such a mess with order tables - such is the "tail chopping".

If we are talking about trade flow, the problem has already been solved. Everything works like in 5.

Will only be available in official release in September.

It's about the mismatch between the order tables of the terminal and the trading server. A really important thing you will do - if you fix it.