Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 31

Laryx:

Friends !

Can you tell me what the last ten pages are about, what is the problem?

Having searched the thread and looked at the MT4 forum, all I found was a suggestion to have a switch between Bid and Ask prices.

And discussion whether it should be done or not.

Is it a problem ? Personally I do not understand what is the problem, if the TC requires exactly the Ask price - what is the problem with using it, adding Bid and Spread in price terms ?

OK, the trailer shows the difference between LoBid[1]+Spread[1] (calculated by mql-bar) and LoAsk[1] (real, tracked by ticks) on each completed bar.

Throw on some minute (and not only) charts, after N periods of chart N delta-bars of indicator histogram will be shown.

// Note: the first (oldest) bar we see is invalid (not valid) :) We could disable its output, but it's too messy, if you want - finalize it.

// Zero bar is always reset until it completes, so it won't flicker.

if (NewBar())  
     {
      DeltaLoAskBuffer[1] = ((low[1]+spread[1]*_point) - LoAsk) / _point; // расчёт собсно дельты
      DeltaLoAskColors[1] = (int)(DeltaLoAskBuffer[1]<0);
      DeltaLoAskBuffer[0] = 0;
      DeltaLoAskColors[0] = 0;
      LoAsk = DBL_MAX;
      OldTime = CurTime();
     }
   else
     {
      LoAsk = fmin(LoAsk, tick.ask);
     }
Files:

Laryx:

But firstly, I'm not sure that the developers will do that in the near future - I once tried to calculate the Ask price of H1 bar, based on Bid and Spread of minutes - there are many tricky issues there.

And secondly, is there a point in it? Firstly, most of the brokerage companies offer fixed spread, and secondly - I find it difficult to think of a stable TS, that would work on tick data with spread, and on minutes with spread - it would not work stable...

In principle I can "sign for" it. But I have little hope for a favourable outcome.

In forex, such a problem is now on ECN, where the market has appeared and users wanted to have information about spread. Getting it is not a problem, it's another thing to have it without holes for a much longer period to test your strategies. If such information is publicly available, then the market will change.)

CHFJPY M1, RoboForex ECN

Delta spread(LoBid+spred - LoAsk) for 18 min - from +13 pips to -28

zfs:
..............., but if such information is publicly available, the market will change).
Do you mean all fish will disappear? Or vice versa? Be more specific, don't scare me with hints of my inevitable poverty....

MetaDriver:

CHFJPY M1, RoboForex ECN

Delta variation (LoBid+spred - LoAsk) in 18 min from +13 pips to -28

Oh, and I'd better remove fixed maximum/minimum on the scale, otherwise the delta is flying away quite easily for the 15 pips I have set.

I am uploading it here.

--

This indicator turned out to be very informative (for its purpose - to illustrate the difference).

Files:

MetaDriver:
Do you mean all the fish will disappear? Or vice versa? You better be specific, don't scare me with hints of my inevitable poverty....
If the information is publicly available, it cannot be put to good use because it will lead to new manipulations, i.e. it will be used against the stupid crowd.

zfs:

If the information is publicly available, it cannot be put to good use,

because it will lead to more manipulation, i.e. it will be used against the stupid crowd.

Framed is the Great Market Rule. Those who know it are armed to the teeth.

And by the way : Since this rule is now known, therefore it can (like any important publicly available information) be used against the stupid crowd.

Now pay attention, KOAN: how do you keep the stupid crowd away from the consequences of publishing this rule?

;)

The doomed cannot be spared the consequences.

MetaDriver:

And by the way: Since this rule is now known, therefore it can (like any important publicly available information) be used against the stupid crowd.

Now pay attention, KOAN: how do you keep the stupid crowd away from the consequences of publishing this rule?

;)

The crowd is always doomed because 5% of the people will take 95% of the money.

And the rule is the Efficient Market Hypothesis.

A market is efficient with respect to any information if it is immediately and completely reflected in the price of an asset. Which makes that information useless for super profits.

MetaDriver:

And by the way: Because this rule is now known, therefore it can (like any important publicly available information) be used against the stupid crowd.

;)

All who have seen the Rule will be excommunicated from the Church of the Market