Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 25

hrenfx:
Well, can you realize (show) this elementary thing using the powerful forces of indicator visualization?

Without tick history and exactly BidAsk history my analytical mind refuses to see the difference, unrealizable difference with what we have.

Since we have Bid history and Spred, and you say that Low_Bid+Spread != Low_Ask, hence the conclusion that the visualization check (to realize/show) the difference in this formulation is unrealizable.

That's why I ask you, if you say there is a difference, what is it?

Brrr, we can influence inside the DC with the ECN limpets on Low Ask & Hi Bid:

hrenfx, do we have different terminology, or are you not accurate in the phrase"as all prices, apart from HighBid and LowAsk are dependent on ECN/STP - you can control them"?

Urain:

Without tick history and exactly BidAsk history my analytical mind refuses to see the difference, unrealizable difference with what we have.

Since we have Bid history and Spred, and you say that Low_Bid+Spread != Low_Ask, hence the conclusion that the visualization check (realize/show) the difference in this formulation is unrealizable.

Therefore, I'm asking you, if you say that there is a difference, what is it?

You have written some nonsense about the tick history and impossibility to implement it. I think every old timer here will write this rubbish very quickly and show the differences.

I'm not going to be asked, MQL5 is not my thing. I have enough arguments.

hrenfx:

You have written some nonsense about the tick story and the impossibility of implementation. It seems that every old-timer here will write this nonsense and show the differences.

I'm not going to be asked, MQL5 is not my thing. I have plenty of arguments as it is.

If you confirm that [Low_Bid+Spread != Low_Ask], I, in my turn, based on your confirmation confirm that the check without the tick history is impossible, believe me, I trained on algorithms.

Heroix:

Brrr, we can influence inside the brokerage company with ECN limits on Low Ask & Hi Bid:

hrenfx, do we have different terminology, or are you not accurate in the phrase"as all prices, apart from HighBid and LowAsk are dependent on ECN/STP - you can control them."?

That's not quite right...

Алгоритм генерации тиков в тестере стратегий терминала MetaTrader 5
Алгоритм генерации тиков в тестере стратегий терминала MetaTrader 5
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader 5 позволяет во встроенном тестере стратегий моделировать автоматическую торговлю с помощью экспертов на языке MQL5. Такое моделирование называется тестированием экспертов, и может проводиться с использованием многопоточной оптимизации и одновременно по множеству инструментов. Для проведения тщательного тестирования требуется генерировать тики на основе имеющейся минутной истории. В статье дается подробное описание алгоритма, по которому генерируются тики для исторического тестирования в клиентском терминале MetaTrader 5.

Heroix:

Brrr, we can influence inside the ECN by limiting to Low Ask & Hi Bid:

hrenfx, do we have different terminology, or are you not accurate in the phrase"since all prices, apart from HighBid and LowAsk are dependent on ECN/STP - you can control them."?

There is no confusion. You can always influence the Bid and Ask prices (without the High and Low prefixes).

The prefixes High and Low are bar terminology. I.e. High and Low over a period of time.

Take some illiquid symbol with a wide spread and play with BuyLimit inside the spread. You will see how M1_Bid bars will undercut the bottom (LowAsk will often equal your BuyLimit). Exactly the same pattern can be done with SellLimit and see the M1_Ask bars trimmed similarly at the top. BuyLimit will practically not let the LowBid price go below itself until it fills up. HighBid and LowAsk can be influenced, but is much more difficult. This is such a minor nuance that it is not at all worth considering in the testers and any argument.

Urain:

If you say that [Low_Bid+Spread != Low_Ask], then I, in turn, leaning on your statement, assert that the check without the tick history is impossible, believe me, my trained on algorithms look.

You seem to have a lot of fiddling around to write such things.

What prevents you from recording LowAsk on the demo and then comparing the recorded data with Low_Bid+Spread in the tester? It is clear that we will have to wait for the new day due to the megadream to limit the testing to the current day. Well, let's wait, since 13 years of platform development have decided so.

hrenfx:

You seem to have a lot of fiddling around to write such things.

What prevents you from recording LowAsk on the demo and then comparing the recorded data with Low_Bid+Spread in the tester? It is clear that we will have to wait for the new day due to the megadream to limit the testing to the current day. Well, let's wait, since 13 years of platform development decided so.

You still need a tick history, but there is no tick history in the dillings, and what do you think they will fill it with?

I agree with you that there is a difference, I myself have repeatedly observed that Ask stands still and Bid tries to push some level down, or on the contrary Bid gets stuck and Ask goes up like a pendulum, and at the same time there is certain prognostic information.

But all this is unrealizable for the mass consumer in the current situation. For myself personally I made a tick collector, built my own tester and go ahead :)

Good luck and good night.

Urain:
You need tick history, but dealing doesn't have it, and what do you think it will be filled with?

It's always better in the morning. Someone will be sure to explain to you what you have written about. Chewed up (digested) like a chick.

HZZ, although I agree with you that there is a difference, I myself have repeatedly observed as Ask stands still and Bid tries to push some level down, or on the contrary Bid gets stuck and Ask rushes up like a pendulum, and there is certain prognostic information.

But all this is unrealizable for the mass consumer in the current situation. For myself personally, no questions asked, I made a tick collector, built my own tester, and go ahead :)

Aretwo lines unrealizable? The ticks don't need to be collected, the Ask history is standard and perfectly synchronized with the Bid history in MT4, and competent ECN/STP marketplaces have already had it for a long time.

In MT5, of course, not yet, because competent ECN/STP platforms have not yet connected this platform.

Urain:
Yeah, you still need a tick history, and there is no tick history in dillings, and what do you think they will fill it with? Right, Bid + Spread, that's where the legs grow.
Nikolay, it sounds like Renat's demagoguery. For a tick or asc story to ever appear, it has to start being written on servers immediately. Then in a month we will have a monthly history, and in a year a year. If the lack of history now justify the implementation of its recording/broadcasting, then it will never happen.

hrenfx:

It is clear that we will have to wait for the new twenty-four hours due to the mega-duality of limiting testing to the current twenty-four hours. Well, let's wait, since 13 years of platform development have decided so.

It is not necessary to wait a day, you can use your script to compare immediately. You can even compare as you record and display the difference on the indicator.

Urain:

A little wrong...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I willy-nilly cited a particular case, characteristic of a nighttime flatulence. The night takes its toll on one's outlook, indeed, it's time for bed.