Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 22

hrenfx, this is just useless air racket.

I have many more interesting tasks to do.

I just took the opportunity to release the stream of shit that had accumulated. It will be easier to work with a refreshed mind.

hrenfx:

Renat, I agree with all three points. There is only a slight contradiction about the rubbish bin, as you at least put the questions from it to yourself.

Your approach most likely lies in the fact that MT4 is enough for your needs and why make a new bicycle (MT5). There are those for whom MT5 gives additional features that MT4 doesn't (like me), so I'm glad they made this new "bike".

hrenfx:

But what can MT5 do? An improvement in algotrading? -No.

Can you justify this statement?

On the contrary, I think that MT5 is needed only for algorithmic trading, and by far more powerful, while MT4 is enough for manual trading. Am I wrong?

FAQ:

That's not the point, you don't really need it either, and that's the problem.

Renat:

What is this nonsense about ECN? Look how many native integrations MT5 has with Currenex, Integral, CitiFX, Hotspot, FastMatch. Absolute dormant ignorance. If you want to trade with pure ECNs, just open an account with Alpari UK for example.

Sat down at the computer and saw this nonsense towards ANG3110. What the fuck are you attacking the man for! This is a real algotrader with his ideas, research infrastructure and remarkable results, which due to his modesty are not advertised.

He absolutely has a point. And unlike me, he doesn't swear at all. We both advocate improvement of algotrading capabilities and MT-testers in particular.

Proposed a working simple variant to increase accuracy of testing. Who among 100 000 MQL community supported it? Who needs it?

Have all of you MetaTrader traders gone completely nuts? People who have their own testers, optimizers, etc. are writing and proving their opinions here for you. Are you out there on your PAMM accounts completely stiff? You chop the money, if only it works. What a primitive way, you do not need the accuracy. Or have you become so dumb and lazy that you do not want anything, as long as you have money?

And the rest - don't you even theoretically understand the importance of asc history? You talk about some fucking spreads and the supposed importance of tick history. It's been explainedto you that tick history for monovaluators is 99% of the time worthless. Can't you just think about it?

In FOREX on MetaTrader there are only two ECN/STP - GKFX and FXOPEN. Both of them on MT4. The rest are all STP. And on MT5 there are only stock ECNs. Stop polluting the term ECN and trying to give it the marketing meaning of "real interbank".

I'm not here for pissing around. At my age, everyone has been at half-six for a long time now. How much time and effort I have spent on explaining the importance of simple basics of algotrading - I can't count. But it's still there.

Что будет нового в MetaTrader 4 и MQL4 - большие изменения на подходе - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
Что будет нового в MetaTrader 4 и MQL4 - большие изменения на подходе - MQL4 форум

You have misunderstood my message. Yes, I'm speaking as a developer, because I know firsthand what it's like to maintain a large project, so I'm against drastic decisions, especially changes to established file formats. If it were a suggestion (requirement) for example to allow a custom story for a tester, along the lines you describe above, I would (I'll speak for myself) be in favour with all my limbs. Because it is possible, and again possible. But to demand the impossible and also to be offended...

So excuse me ... if anything.

hrenfx, the mt5 tester has information about the spread on the cutoff. In your opinion, is this enough in terms of ask information?

There can be no hard feelings. Let's respect each other. Someone is actually doing something useful for others for purely ideological reasons. Stop being silent.

It's no fun to feel like an idiot that no one understands. It's a total bummer to be listened to just because of some stupid percentages shown somewhere.

Well, there has to be logic. There are people who speak logically, don't put them down without understanding.

If someone doesn't understand the importance of the asc story - just say you don't. Don't start arguing that it's not fucking necessary.

If someone doesn't understand that meta-testers suck at accuracy - again, say you don't understand it.

Perhaps someone will come along and explain the reasoning, and you will finally understand.

But the practitioners who are silent are lazy assholes, to put it mildly. Only a small number of them have their own research infrastructure. All the rest stupidly test everything on crude metatheaters, missing a huge number of simple market patterns because of it.

Heroix:
hrenfx, the mt5 tester has information about the spread on the cutoff. In your opinion, is this enough in terms of ask information?
It's just algotrader ignorance to store the bar spread. You would only replace it with Low_Ask. And the accuracy would have improved considerably.

hrenfx:

There can be no hard feelings. Let's respect each other. Someone is actually doing something useful for others for purely ideological reasons. Stop being silent.

It's no fun to feel like an idiot that no one understands. It's a total bummer to be listened to just because of some stupid percentages shown somewhere.

Well, there has to be logic. There are people who speak logically, don't put them down without understanding.

If someone doesn't understand the importance of the asc story - just say you don't. Don't start arguing that it's not fucking necessary.

If someone doesn't understand that meta-testers suck at accuracy - again, say you don't understand it.

Perhaps someone will come along and explain the reasoning, and you will finally understand.

But the practitioners who are silent are lazy assholes, to put it mildly. Only a small number of them have their own research infrastructure. All the rest stupidly test everything on crude metatheaters, missing a huge number of simple market patterns because of it.

You know very well my opinion on the asc history, and it's not negative, which by the way I pointed out in that thread, only above. About the tester I am also silent, show me where I would express my complete satisfaction with it. I'm just a proponent of real solutions, not sky-high dreams. Because the "if only" can wait a long time, almost indefinitely.